Bye Bye Biden? Hello Clinton/O'Malley?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:20:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bye Bye Biden? Hello Clinton/O'Malley?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bye Bye Biden? Hello Clinton/O'Malley?  (Read 514 times)
tgards79
Rookie
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2015, 11:50:59 AM »

Do we think this is it for Uncle Joe?  And did O'Malley just win a spot on the ticket?  Is Hillary on the rebound?  What do you think?
http://www.borntorunthenumbers.com/2015/10/the-first-democratic-debate-start.html
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 12:05:23 PM »

O'Malley doesn't do much for Clinton as a VP.       I doubt she'd pick him anyway.
HillOfANight
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »

He was grumpy and canned and dared mention FBI and her name in the same sentence (as opposed to Bernie who wanted to drop emails). He's dead to her.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 01:45:08 PM »

No. Regardless of how the media is trying to spin it I don't see Hillary on the rebound. Clinton had a good debate (I would argue so did Sanders) but there's still quite a lot of people who have had enough with Clinton and enough with status quo center-right Democrats like her.

There's also little chance that she would pick O'Malley. Probably a Cory Booker or Tim Kaine. Someone younger and centrist.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 03:08:16 PM »

O'Malley won't be VP but he is making himself look better for a Cabinet position of some sort.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 03:16:08 PM »

Are we not getting ahead of ourselves here. A Clinton led ticket while likely,  is a tad presumptious. Firstly there is a Benghazi committee hearing and as careful and groomed as Hillary is, her testimony had better not be a tissue of rationale's or half - truths,  the FBI are sniffing around on the email issue, there's a good possibility of a link been established between the two issues, but an omissions or an admission, there's no double jeopardy here and her options are diminishing day by day. So this email thing has the potential to trip her up. Remember Bill Clinton in the aftermath of the 1998 mid term elections, his party picked up 5-8 house seats, maintained there seat numbers in the Senate, Bill thought he was home and dry, what happened, the House Republicans instituted impeachment proceedings,  despite there disappointment with the election results.  I see a pattern here. Hillary think this thing over the email and Benghazi issues is a dead issue and wham! Right in the kisser!😊
tgards79
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 03:28:08 PM »

Are we not getting ahead of ourselves here. A Clinton led ticket while likely,  is a tad presumptious. Firstly there is a Benghazi committee hearing and as careful and groomed as Hillary is, her testimony had better not be a tissue of rationale's or half - truths,  the FBI are sniffing around on the email issue, there's a good possibility of a link been established between the two issues, but an omissions or an admission, there's no double jeopardy here and her options are diminishing day by day. So this email thing has the potential to trip her up. Remember Bill Clinton in the aftermath of the 1998 mid term elections, his party picked up 5-8 house seats, maintained there seat numbers in the Senate, Bill thought he was home and dry, what happened, the House Republicans instituted impeachment proceedings,  despite there disappointment with the election results.  I see a pattern here. Hillary think this thing over the email and Benghazi issues is a dead issue and wham! Right in the kisser!😊
Possibly but I can also point out the positive karma factor for Hillary.  These are her only major issues, and in short order her opponents unbelievably innoculate her on them, McCarthy on Benghazi hearings and Bernie on emails.  Almost as good as Chris Christie hugging Obama on election eve over Sandy!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:36:55 PM »

I don't think Hillary is done with bad publicity, but nothing really bad is going to come of this.  It's a faux scandal, and the GOP (A) overreached, and (B) their former Speaker-in-Waiting (Keving McCarthy) let rip with a series of "excited utterances" of how the Congressional Hearings on Benghazi worked to drive down Hillary's poll numbers.

How real the pre-email poll numbers were is another issue as well.  She's Hillary Clinton; she's a known quantity, and she's not real likeable and kind of phony.  Because she's kind of unlikeable and phony, she'll always have some folks that really don't llike her, including some who may agree with her and/or ought to like her for other reasons.  But because she's a known quantity, she gets to be herself.  Some of Hillary's drop in the polls is just reality and inertia.  Some of her drops in the polls is in "approval ratings", but lots of politicians have been under 50% approval rating and won because there is always a number of voters in your own party that don't "approve" but vote the party.  Hillary's polls are about where they REALLY have always been, maybe a bit down due to the Behghazi/E-mail baggage a bit, but she's still a commanding front-runner, one of the most commanding I've seen in my lifetime in an open year.
tgards79
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 09:01:57 PM »

O'Malley won't be VP but he is making himself look better for a Cabinet position of some sort.
Maybe Attorney General.  Kaine VP?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies