transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:32:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?  (Read 9904 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2015, 05:52:27 PM »

I disagree. At least, you have to make an effort to fit in like you do anywhere.

Joke, but many are uneasy about them. Its a vulnerable place, especially when you are young.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »

see the thing is, dempgh,
if we put aside human rights every time someone felt ~uncomfortable~ about them, we wouldn't have any form of equality.
How did going to a locker room/bathroom of the opposite sex if you feel like it your gender even when it differs from your birth-assigned gender suddenly become a "human right"? Smiley
udhr art. 5
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2015, 06:06:52 PM »

You literally said "a girl in the boys room would be harassed badly" which is correct! A transgirl in the boys bathroom would be harassed badly!  Likewise, you suggested that "a boy in the girls room would make girs feel uncomfortable". I also agree! A transboy in the girl's room would certainly make many girls uncomfortable.

People like you Crab are among many reasons why I am happy that I live in Poland : P
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2015, 06:48:14 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2015, 06:58:09 PM by Crab »

Seeing as you have a transwoman in your parliament, I doubt the magical transgender repelling juice around Poland's borders is working.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2015, 07:16:46 PM »

The district's move seems like a reasonable compromise that should make everyone happy which means in reality someone will probably find something to complain about that just causes a headache for everyone.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »

You literally said "a girl in the boys room would be harassed badly" which is correct! A transgirl in the boys bathroom would be harassed badly!  Likewise, you suggested that "a boy in the girls room would make girs feel uncomfortable". I also agree! A transboy in the girl's room would certainly make many girls uncomfortable.

Okay. Do you we disagree, then? Huh

To me, the solution seems clear: people who have fully transitioned should be able to go to the bathroom/locker room of their new gender, and people who haven't yet fully transitioned shouldn't.

That's reasonable. Although, I do not think anyone has the right to be on a team or in a locker room just because they feel this way or that way.

if we put aside human rights every time someone felt ~uncomfortable~ about them, we wouldn't have any form of human rights.

Using the opposite washroom or locker room is not a right, it's an imposition.

I disagree. At least, you have to make an effort to fit in like you do anywhere.

Joke, but many are uneasy about them. Its a vulnerable place, especially when you are young.

Yeah, it can be intimidating. Maybe because of the competition or who knows, but good leadership and an effort to fit in can assuage a lot of the intimidation. 

I remember playing with a fat, awkward kid, and I said, "Look, I don't know about the other guys, but as long as you're willing to meet us all halfway, you're cool with me." Sadly, he didn't stick around. I felt bad, but that's how it was.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2015, 08:02:30 PM »

Okay. Do you we disagree, then? Huh

Apparently so, as you also said in the same comment that transpeople should be forced in with their birth genders.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2015, 08:04:36 PM »

if we put aside human rights every time someone felt ~uncomfortable~ about them, we wouldn't have any form of human rights.

Using the opposite washroom or locker room is not a right, it's an imposition.

as crabcake said - forcing a trans girl to use the boys' locker room (or vice versa) is pretty much the definition of "cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment" (udhr art. 5)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2015, 09:58:14 PM »

Congratulations, everyone. This is the worst thread I've ever seen on Atlas. I wish that were a hyperbole.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »

Congratulations, everyone. This is the worst thread I've ever seen on Atlas. I wish that were a hyperbole.

You haven't seen many then. The forum can go much lower. Try searching for the Sandra Fluke thread or one dealing with rape.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2015, 10:00:41 PM »

WRT the 1st world problems discussion, it should be noted that Hijira activism is a thing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2015, 10:09:51 PM »

'
The "this thread is the worst thread ever!!!!!" line is one of the most tired and useless lines that can be applied to Atlas forum.

As to the question at hand, the obvious solution is stalls. No students should be forced to share a shower. It's weird, archaic, and it only causes problems. And until the day when stalls are installed, people should just use the bathroom/showers they are assigned to in accordance to their genitals.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2015, 03:55:29 AM »

Seeing as you have a transwoman in your parliament, I doubt the magical transgender repelling juice around Poland's borders is working.

Knowing that guy is the only such person known to 99% of Polish population I think that still we have better situation than UK.  But that is not the issue, I was writing about such liberal magicians like you who always try to wave away the reality with the wand of liberal ideas Curly

No offence.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2015, 04:56:03 AM »

So if the liberal has a wand to illuminate and hopefully solve an issue, what does the conservative have? A blanket to put over their head in denial of reality?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2015, 05:08:35 AM »

So if the liberal has a wand to illuminate and hopefully solve an issue, what does the conservative have? A blanket to put over their head in denial of reality?

Liberal wand only creates void. And you mean "liberal version of reality". So called "transgender" people should be object of therapy with psychologists - not subject of political debate. Human brain is so complex that there are a lot of different mental disorders and I don't understand why in most of the cases when people have some mental problems - serious or not we treat people as mentally disordered and when it comes to the few of them favoured by liberals we should accept them as normality and pretend that everything is OK. If we care about such people only thing we should do is to give them a lot of care and love just to help them with fighting their weaknesses Curly
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2015, 09:07:11 AM »

Liberal wand only creates void. And you mean "liberal version of reality". So called "transgender" people should be object of therapy with psychologists - not subject of political debate. Human brain is so complex that there are a lot of different mental disorders and I don't understand why in most of the cases when people have some mental problems - serious or not we treat people as mentally disordered and when it comes to the few of them favoured by liberals we should accept them as normality and pretend that everything is OK. If we care about such people only thing we should do is to give them a lot of care and love just to help them with fighting their weaknesses Curly

What exactly is your issue with trans people? What did they ever do to you?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2015, 12:25:56 PM by Crab »

Liberal wand only creates void. And you mean "liberal version of reality". So called "transgender" people should be object of therapy with psychologists

Good idea! Which is why most doctors and psychologists agree the best course of treatment for those suffering from gender dysphoria is to allow them to transition; and as a person who believes science is a better authority than random Jobbik supporters this thus informs my politicial views on the matter.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2015, 11:02:34 AM »

as crabcake said - forcing a trans girl to use the boys' locker room (or vice versa) is pretty much the definition of "cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment" (udhr art. 5)

That view will never be mainstream in the United States.  Plenty of transexuals have for decades happily lived their lives according to their unaltered external physical appearance.  I realize they don't represent the entire group of what has come to be known as transexual but it clearly doesn't kill someone to spend four years of their early life conforming to their external gender.

mmh. transgender people, as we all know, literally don't exist outside of "developed" countries.

Why are you being so hyperbolic?  Is it because you know they are right?

Most children in the third world are lucky if they have the opportunity to attend and graduate from a high school.  And the assumption those third world high schools even have locker rooms let alone showers is absurd.  This topic really is the very definition of a first world problem.

Paying for a child to go to high school is often the biggest expense for a third world family.  Third world children who are lucky enough to attend a high school don't come home and start complaining because they weren't allowed to express their sexuality at school.  You and a great many people are going to have to come to terms with the fact certain corners of the first world are just hypersexual and we aren't going to cater to their every whim.  Heterosexual, homosexual, transexual, whateversexual kids need to focus on academics in high school and leave the sex stuff for their free time.

This thread is so detached from the real world I don't know what to say.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2015, 11:21:42 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2015, 11:25:13 AM by kataak »

What exactly is your issue with trans people? What did they ever do to you?

They burned my village, kidnapped my brothers and sisters and killed my parents.
But seriously I wish everything best to them. Also normal life.

Liberal wand only creates void. And you mean "liberal version of reality". So called "transgender" people should be object of therapy with psychologists
Good idea! Which is why most doctors and psychologists agree the best course of treatment for those suffering from gender dysphoria is to allow them to transition; and as a person who believes science is a better authority than random Jobbik supporters so this thus informs my politicial views on the matter.

People often makes mistakes, maybe in next few decades some of them who really thinks like that will change their mind. And what Jobbik supporters done to you that they are also involved into this? Stop being so hateful.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2015, 11:51:37 AM »

Knowing that girl is the only such person known to 99% of Polish population I think that still we have better situation than UK.  But that is not the issue, I was writing about such liberal magicians like you who always try to wave away the reality with the wand of liberal ideas Curly

No offence.

Fixed
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »

This thread makes me sick.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2015, 11:54:43 AM »

That view will never be mainstream in the United States.  Plenty of transexuals have for decades happily lived their lives according to their unaltered external physical appearance.  I realize they don't represent the entire group of what has come to be known as transexual but it clearly doesn't kill someone to spend four years of their early life conforming to their external gender.

But it does. Often.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2015, 02:11:45 PM »

Neither did the magical German repelling juice.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2015, 02:19:09 PM »

Good idea! Which is why most doctors and psychologists agree the best course of treatment for those suffering from gender dysphoria is to allow them to transition; and as a person who believes science is a better authority than random Jobbik supporters so this thus informs my politicial views on the matter.
People often makes mistakes, maybe in next few decades some of them who really thinks like that will change their mind. And what Jobbik supporters done to you that they are also involved into this? Stop being so hateful.

Yeah sounds great. Maybe we should cease treating all diseases in case our cures might be proven wrong in a couple of decades.

Also sorry if I'm not "politically correct" enough for you, but I call a spade a spade. Jobbik is terrible, sorry if it triggers you.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »

[triggered]

Oslo, I am amazed by your nickname. Wonderful.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies