Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:28:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does uniting the right in Alberta mean the NDP is toast next election?
Absolutely they are done like dinner

NDP still might win, but will be a steep hill to climb

NDP will likely win, UCP too extreme

NDP will definitely win

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II  (Read 188639 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: October 20, 2015, 09:15:15 PM »

So what does this mean for CEFTA and the TPP?

I read that the Liberals are in favor of Keystone "with conditions", so is that code for "lol jk it's dead" or was there actually a chance they would support it if Obama had not taken a stand against it? I'm assuming that the Liberals are just going to let it die after all the criticism Harper got for being obsessed with it and annoying Obama.

I was reading the criticism on The Harper Decade blog that Harper had let Canada become too dependent on energy to power the economy. Is this a widely held sentiment, and if so, have the Liberals put forth any plans regarding a reorientation of Canada's economy?

Also, how are the Conservatives (voter base and the party machinery) reacting to this? Are there hysterical breakdowns about the country abandoning them, rage and blame directed at Harper, or shellshock and disbelief that this happened? Are there Conservative voices calling for "moderation" or a change in tone, ala post-Romney's defeat?

How are the New Democrats doing? Are they okay? Manuevering to make something of the Liberal majority and see if they can influence anything?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies