Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:23:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does uniting the right in Alberta mean the NDP is toast next election?
Absolutely they are done like dinner

NDP still might win, but will be a steep hill to climb

NDP will likely win, UCP too extreme

NDP will definitely win

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II  (Read 189870 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: February 08, 2018, 07:44:02 AM »

Trudeau's been a failure of a PM. I have a hard time buying that the "peoplekind" thing was a joke – he seemed to be taking it pretty seriously. Shows even more he likes to focus on non-issues.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:28:27 AM »

The absolute worst thing is my BC Liberal acquaintances pretending to be progressive. They celebrate the defeat of proportional representation but two years ago lamented the way Trudeau abandoned it.

That was a weird case. I was annoyed at Trudeau abandoning democratic reform but at the same time, I would take FPTP over Trudeau's proposed IRV system and I'm a huge fan of proportional representation.

IRV is irritating since how much a party is disliked can have a substanstial effect on its result, regardless of it's vote share. FPTP has this, but the effect is much more muted.

Yeah, imo IRV is the worst election system possible. It also for the most part makes sure that two parties dominate a system and can't be punished the way they should be. The acceptable systems in my eyes are either FPTP, jungle primary+runoff or proportional representation. But I'd always vote against IRV.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 05:20:59 AM »

That summary has a lot of errors and issues. E.g. Putting Quebec politics on a left-right spectrum alone doesn't make sense.

Yeah, in Quebec I think it's more about Federalists (Liberals) vs Nationalists (most of the other parties). The Quebec Liberals were even led by the former federal Progressive Conservative leader, Jean Charest, for a long time, and I think he was the last Liberal Premier of Quebec if I'm not wrong.

At anyrate if I lived in Quebec I'd be a Conservative voter at federal level but a Liberal voter at provincial level.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies