Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:26:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does uniting the right in Alberta mean the NDP is toast next election?
Absolutely they are done like dinner

NDP still might win, but will be a steep hill to climb

NDP will likely win, UCP too extreme

NDP will definitely win

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II  (Read 190302 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« on: March 12, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »

Quebec's unemployment rate is lower than Alberta's for the first time in 30 years. Halifax is a solid 1.5% below Calgary. No schadenfreude for me though as my brother in law was just laid off there Sad

Maybe we will see a flood of Albertans rushing to Quebec and Atlantic Canada to find work Tongue. Would be interesting to see the West becoming stagnant with a booming East.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 04:23:08 PM »

Holy crap, those NDP numbers are devastating. How many seats do you think the NDP would win with 10% of the nationwide vote?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 03:37:28 PM »

What has the PQ done to offend the sensibilities of the left wing sovereignty movement? I do know that when the PQ was founded in the 1970's it was very close with the labour movement and was a dedicated social democratic party. Did they take the Clintonian DLC/Tony Blair New Labour approach in the 1990's then?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 08:05:14 PM »

Party was barely ready, but a series of tactical errors cost Harper that election. Also cost him majorities in '06/'08.

Why did they give Harper a second chance after that humiliating 2004 defeat? Mulclair got turfed out after one loss, as did Dion,and Ignatieff.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 07:38:26 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 07:41:28 PM by Zyzz »

Any hot takes on the Trudeau Rolling Stone cover/"Why can't he be our President" lolness?

horribly cringeworthy. My favourite part is when they called the RCMP the "Royal Canadian Mountain Police"

Oh FFS

The Situation back in the Jersey Shore days bragged that he 'brought home a girl from Canadia'.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 01:15:16 AM »

This seems a bit out of whack with other polls http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2782/federal-horserace-september-2017/ so probably a rogue poll although maybe picking up on a trend.  We shall find out with the next round of polls.  Although I've noticed in general Conservatives tend to do best on the IVR polls while online polls the worst and CATI somewhere in between.  I am guessing perhaps age demographics as IVR polls skew heavily towards older voters while online are more skewed towards younger.  That being said Trudeau's approval is only -4 which is better than most premiers including one's who have successfully been re-elected and Scheer is largely unknown making those numbers even more questionable.

I've found Forum is pretty good when it comes to final polls, but definitely in between elections they've had a lot of weird ones that didn't make sense, but no way of knowing whether they were right or not as you can only accurately compare final polls to actual results as opposed to midterm ones.  If this were the numbers on October 20, 2019 then maybe it would be a sign something big is going to happen, but two years out from an election, probably doesn't mean a whole lot.  Off course the Liberals would be silly to assume they have the election in the bag and likewise the Tories would be silly to think winning in 2019 will be easy (the odds of them winning even with this poll are still fairly low although not zero).

How were things looking electorally for Jean Chretien halfway through his 1st term in 1995? We're the PC's or  Reform in any reasonable striking distance? I guess things may have looked artificially bad, as this would have been during the lead up to the Quebec independence referendum.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »

I was able to find some pretty rare footage of different Canadian election nights. I watched 93,97,2000, 2004 on C-SPAN. I was trying to find 1993 coverage for years on YouTube with no luck.

2004 https://www.c-span.org/video/?182468-1/canadian-election-night-coverage

2000 https://www.c-span.org/video/?160814-1/canadian-election-returns

1997 https://www.c-span.org/video/?c3342938/1997-canadian-election

1993 https://www.c-span.org/video/?51860-1/canadian-election-special

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 01:46:29 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2018, 01:49:37 PM by Zyzz »

Jamie Baillie has resigned due to sexual harassment allegations

Baillie is the luckiest politician in quite sometime because on the same day...

Patrick Brown has resigned due to even worse sexual misconduct allegations.

Also, I would like to point out that I called Brown's scandal months ago. I will now accept my accolades.

Whoa, that is some stunning accusations against Patrick Brown, he was my local MP for 10+ years and having a home town boy in Queens Park would have been sort of cool, despite him being Conservative. He certainly smashed the Conservative stereotype of grumpy old men running the party. I added him on Facebook as well like 10 years ago, and there was lots of pictures of him at local bars, I was wondering WTF was he doing at all those bars if he did not drink. Maybe he went so he could creep on young drunk women?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 11:59:38 PM »

Apparently one of the claims against JT is that he had a consensual relationship with a male conservative staffer, and that both parties were aware during the 2015 election. If that's really it, this is a nothingburger.

If true, he was cheating on his wife, so that's got to count for something... *sigh* who am I kidding, you're probably right.

I remember reading sketchy rumours about Obama and Rahm Emanuel hitting the bath houses in Chicago, or Obama being lovers with his Pakistani college roommate. They were all BS, but still funny to read.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 06:08:33 PM »

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/key-accusation-against-patrick-brown-false-ctv-now-admits

Oops

#PatrickBrown2018?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »

Why isn't some back bench party hack giving up his seat to the seat less party leader? Having no seat in parliament is pretty embarrassing.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »

Is Pharmacare the next big policy goal, assuming the Liberals win a second term? Pharmacare has around 90% support nationally, it must have very high approval ratings even among Conservatives. I have always found it weird that we have had universal healthcare for the last 50 years, but no Pharmacare.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 06:22:31 PM »

Mad Max....... Why would you say this?? Not the right kind of attention the PPC needs.

High energy guy!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies