Chafee drops out of presidential race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:22:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Chafee drops out of presidential race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Chafee drops out of presidential race  (Read 4981 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 10:33:26 AM »

Haha. Bye loser. Thankfully we won't have to waste time with him at the debates anymore. Even Lessig should've gotten an invitation before he did.

Why are you always so rude?  Do you do it to be funny?  Are you trying to score magic internet points?  Are you trying to boost your own ego by appearing like a dominative voice over real life figures--individuals that, despite their evident flaws, are still more influential and successful than you?

I'm genuinely curious.

I'm very sorry calling Lincoln Chafee a loser offends you so dearly. I'll be sure to be nicer to him in the future, because he clearly reads and cares about comments posted about him from random people on uselectionatlas.org.

Also, there's no need for armchair psychoanalysis here. I called Chafee a loser because he is one. Now go back to Webb's funeral page and be happy I'm not targeting him, I'm guessing the wound is still raw. Wink
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 10:35:33 AM »

Haha. Bye loser. Thankfully we won't have to waste time with him at the debates anymore. Even Lessig should've gotten an invitation before he did.

Why are you always so rude?  Do you do it to be funny?  Are you trying to score magic internet points?  Are you trying to boost your own ego by appearing like a dominative voice over real life figures--individuals that, despite their evident flaws, are still more influential and successful than you?

I'm genuinely curious.

I'm very sorry calling Lincoln Chafee a loser offends you so dearly. I'll be sure to be nicer to him in the future, because he clearly reads and cares about comments posted about him from random people on uselectionatlas.org.

Also, there's no need for armchair psychoanalysis here. I called Chafee a loser because he is one. Now go back to Webb's funeral page and be happy I'm not targeting him, I'm guessing the wound is still raw. Wink

Why so many words? All you needed to respond to Aelrose with is this:

AelroseB

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 10:38:44 AM »

Why are you always so rude?  Do you do it to be funny?  Are you trying to score magic internet points?  Are you trying to boost your own ego by appearing like a dominative voice over real life figures--individuals that, despite their evident flaws, are still more influential and successful than you?

I'm genuinely curious.

I'm very sorry calling Lincoln Chaffee a loser offends you so dearly. I'll be sure to be nicer to him in the future, because he clearly reads and cares about comments posted about him ffrom random people on uselectionatlas.org.

He was my slightly preferred candidate, not my lover.  How old are you?
Angel of Death
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 11:38:42 AM »

As poor a candidate Chafee was, he still deserves eternal gratitude for opposing the 2003 War of Aggression.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 11:42:25 AM »

As poor a candidate Chafee was, he still deserves eternal gratitude for opposing the 2003 War of Aggression.
Indeed. I see Chafee being a cabinet secretary in a Democratic administration, or running for Senate in 2020.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2015, 01:52:51 PM »

Whoa, I missed this. But well, it was about time.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2015, 02:28:50 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2015, 02:55:16 PM »

I've noticed that this has gotten the lowest media coverage of all the dropouts, unsurprisingly.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2015, 03:00:49 PM »

Well, he started out at 1% and then went down to 0%.

I agree that he's probably cabinet or, perhaps ideally, ambassadorial material to some reasonably high profile or first world locale.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2015, 03:01:28 PM »

Probably the most pacifistic Democrat in the race, sad to see him go.
Too bad that he dropped the ball so bad at the debate.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2015, 03:12:46 PM »

Probably the most pacifistic Democrat in the race, sad to see him go.
Too bad that he dropped the ball so bad at the debate.

Yeah, this is probably the saddest of all the dropouts for me. I was never supporting him, but I can't help but like the guy, and it would be nice to have more than three (four if you count Lessig) choices in the primary.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »

I directly blame the Wolf Blitzer interview for making this happen so soon.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 03:30:16 PM »

Meh.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 03:57:10 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2015, 04:28:39 PM by ElectionsGuy »

Saturday Night Live was right

And the possible Democratic Primary shrunk from 6 people to 3 people in 3 days.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »

I wish he had really gotten a chance to hammer Hillary for voting for a $2 trillion war without reading the intelligence report, and for her lying about the Saddam Al Qaeda connection that even Lieberman said was unproven.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »

Biden, Webb, Chafee and Gowdy...Clinton's week is playing out like the the Baptism scene in THE GODFATHER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CDlBLvc3YE
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »

I'm genuinely curious.

Hardly the worst thing anyone has done to Lincoln Chafee in the last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53LEBhzHiQ

Never thought that sentence would make me cry laughing.  You, sir, are a very bad man.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2015, 04:38:22 PM »

Maybe Hillary said that he would Vince Foster him if he did not drop out? Better to be alive than another of Hitlery's victims.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2015, 05:06:47 PM »

lol

YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »

Chafee is still better than the rogue social justice warriors on Tumblr having a cat fight over the evils of capitalism yet trying to reconcile their communist beliefs with getting behind Hilldawg because the radical feminists that secretly control them want them to vote for Hilldawg.

what the actual fyck is this
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2015, 05:39:39 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2015, 05:48:59 PM by eric82oslo »

Why are you always so rude?  Do you do it to be funny?  Are you trying to score magic internet points?  Are you trying to boost your own ego by appearing like a dominative voice over real life figures--individuals that, despite their evident flaws, are still more influential and successful than you?

I'm genuinely curious.

IceSpear is a confirmed homo, you see.

I'm a confirmed homo too, and very many of us are in fact (I'm tempted to say extremely many of us, cause it's a fact). I think that IceSpear is in a warrior mode for at least two reasons. Most importantly, and this is actually two reasons on its own when I come to think about it, because Hillary has been treated like absolute trash constantly on this site for the past six months or so. It's been an absolute disgrace to watch, and I've been here all of the time to witness what mountains of trash that has been thrown at her from almost everybody, even from the most unlikeliest of sources. I guess that the reason for this really odd and peculiar phenomenon is that the vast majority of the posters of this forum are still teenagers or in their early 20ies, so they still have a lot to learn in life (to state it mildly lol). Now I forgot what my second part of my first point was. Anyways, this suffice more than enough to explain everything methinks. Although I still have three more points to be cast light on, yet that might come for another day. Smiley

Oh, the other part of the first reason is of course that the media has treated her as below the level of rat sh**t for 6-7 months continuously already. God graceful media lol. Rest in peace. Especially rest in peace CNN! CNN is on the verge of destroying their reputation for ever and always with their constant Trump campaign. Many of my friends from all over the world are saying that people in their country has stopped watching or even starting boycotting CNN for their insane coverage of the news cycles.

Ted Turner is one of the single most decent guys who ever lived. One of my utmost heroes. Yet he might be close to the only single decent guy yet remaining in the CNN Corporation, cause the rest of it is absolute trash and should be renamed Trump TV tomorrow, if not today.

Why do I still watch CNN almost every day you ask? Certainly not for my own good. Rather to see how ludicrous it's all become and to be a first hand witness of the start of the inevitable decay of CNN. At least that's how it's looking like now.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »

I'm genuinely curious.

Chafee is most certainly the greatest of war heroes if you decide to compare him to "I love to kill people" Webb. I can't even fathom you actually dared to compare those two guys. One close to being a saint (obviously not Webb), the other one almost a prototype of the devil. And yet you prefer the devil? Either you really hate religion or you're definitely not LGBTIQ lol. Tongue
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2015, 06:06:58 PM »

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2015, 10:26:44 PM »

Sad to hear it.

But yeah, it is hilarious how this is getting essentially no attention.

And how we've seen basically around half of the current/potential Dem field drop out this week.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »

That was cheap.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies