LA-Market Research Insight: Edwards ahead, close race for 2nd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:32:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA-Market Research Insight: Edwards ahead, close race for 2nd
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA-Market Research Insight: Edwards ahead, close race for 2nd  (Read 1473 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »

Done Oct. 15-19:

36% Edwards (D)
19% Vitter (R)
17% Angelle (R)
14% Dardenne (R)
  2% Others
12% Undecided

http://de.scribd.com/doc/286105391/LA-Gov-Market-Research-Insight-Oct-2015
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 04:12:46 PM »

Looking good.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 04:30:40 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2015, 04:33:41 PM by TNvolunteer »

19% Vitter (R)
17% Angelle (R)
14% Dardenne (R)

Glorious poll! I hope either Angelle or Dardenne makes the runoff...
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:37:50 PM »

Come on Vitter! Hold that second place title buddy!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 05:46:31 AM »

Oh dear, Vitter really needs to make up ground in order to make sure that Edwards wins the runoff.

It's hilarious how a two-term United States Senator who actually survived a sex scandal is such an indisputably horrible campaigner.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »

Fascinating! The difference between Angelle getting the second spot and Vitter is huge.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »

Fascinating! The difference between Angelle getting the second spot and Vitter is huge.
Dardenne is a much stronger candidate, and I could back him much more easily. Crossing my fingers so that I don't need to endorse the nominee of a party as corrupt as Edwards is.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »

Dardenne is a much stronger candidate, and I could back him much more easily. Crossing my fingers so that I don't need to endorse the nominee of a party as corrupt as Edwards is.

How is he corrupt?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 01:56:18 PM »

I suspect you are thinking this Edwards is the corrupt former governor Edwin Edwards.  This is John Bel Edwards, this state house minority leader.  From what I've read he is generally regarded as not only being not corrupt, but actually being highly ethical. 

On the other hand, maybe you're using the logic of Sir Humphry from "Yes Minister": "can you really trust a person that seems to be squeaky clean?"
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 02:00:17 PM »

Oh dear, Vitter really needs to make up ground in order to make sure that Edwards wins the runoff.

It's hilarious how a two-term United States Senator who actually survived a sex scandal is such an indisputably horrible campaigner.

He only survived the scandal because in 2010 more voters were angry with Obama than they were with him.  He got through without a primary opponent (or at least without a major primary opponent, I don't know if anybody ran against him) because he said that 'he had asked God (and his wife) for forgiveness" and he was happy to report that both had forgiven him and, at that time, most Republicans believed him.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »

I suspect you are thinking this Edwards is the corrupt former governor Edwin Edwards.  This is John Bel Edwards, this state house minority leader. From what I've read he is generally regarded as not only being not corrupt, but actually being highly ethical.  

On the other hand, maybe you're using the logic of Sir Humphry from "Yes Minister": "can you really trust a person that seems to be squeaky clean?"

Thats why Vitter's only argument against him is the usual Edwards = Obama.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 02:23:57 PM »

I suspect you are thinking this Edwards is the corrupt former governor Edwin Edwards.  This is John Bel Edwards, this state house minority leader. From what I've read he is generally regarded as not only being not corrupt, but actually being highly ethical.  

Thats why Vitter's only argument against him is the usual Edwards = Obama.

How does that even work for a GOVERNOR race? No wonder he's failing badly.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 02:28:08 PM »

^ Yeah, thats why he's stumbling so badly these last few weeks, the spying scandal being a perfect example. I don't understand it. Edwards was the first candidate to announce for this race - it not like he made a surprise entry into it or anything. They had all that time to vet Edwards but Vitter's opposition research people must suck.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies