Riots break out in India after Muslim barber refuses to close shop on Tuesday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:02:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Riots break out in India after Muslim barber refuses to close shop on Tuesday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riots break out in India after Muslim barber refuses to close shop on Tuesday  (Read 5298 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« on: October 29, 2015, 03:05:31 AM »

This is horrible, but Modi essentially let a green light on these kinds of ing people.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:42:13 AM »

You should never hold an entire religion responsible for the actions of individuals.

The simple truth is that many religions enable and condone extreme activity such as this.

These people wouldn't have rioted because someone cut hair on a Tuesday if it weren't for their religion. Fact.

First of all religons don't condone and enable extreve activity like this.

These people wouldn't have rioted, in these scenarios if they weren't religious, I agree with that, however lots of atheists groups, (normally communists) have killed religious leaders as they want to institute state atheism and they will kill any counter revolutionary. There have also been lots of religious leaders/religious people dead because of hatred for religion by atheists and anti-theists.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 01:42:57 AM »

Cory's post is a flagrant and morally irresponsible overgeneralization but

Hindutva is one of the worst religious movements in the world.

Agreed.  My church does missions with and communicates with multiple Reformed churches in India, and the persecution of Christians has really ramped up thanks to that ideology.  It's getting harder to preach the word of God there, and the Hindus tend to be extremely intolerant of the local Christians.

I don't mean to be dick*k head but what's with Christians trying to convert Hindus and try to change eastern, Hindu culture to western, christian culture. I know people who go up to  houses, knock make speech about how everyone should convert and about how the Hindu religion is fake. The US government funds these programs for 'charity' even though a substantial amount of work they do is converting peole and wanting more western cultures.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies