Office of Governor Blair- Senate Appointment and other things
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:33:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor Blair- Senate Appointment and other things
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Governor Blair- Senate Appointment and other things  (Read 10207 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »
« edited: November 28, 2015, 06:38:29 PM by Governor Blair »

x Governor Blair

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »

I'm currently reviewing the options for the new appointee to the Northeast Assembly, and have contacted various citizens. An announcement will be made later
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2015, 06:44:03 PM by Governor Blair »

'I'd like to thank everyone for coming here on such short notice, and apologize for the length of this press conference.

It was with great shock, and great concern that I saw the statement put out by Secretary of State Classic Conservative tonight   It goes against the fundamental core of Atlasia, and betrays the ideas of justice and equality long pushed forward by politicians across the spectrum. We can't have quotas on different religions-we're all humans. The idea of bureaucrats in Nyman sitting at their computers turning away families because we already have our '25%' of Muslims is simply sickening. We can't put a quota on humanity.

The most disappointing thing was the comment from the Secretary where he said

What is the Secretary saying? Is he saying that all Muslims in the middle east are blood thirsty warmongers. I'd remind him that the Muslims in Syria and across the region who are fleeing didn't ask for war. The Quran, just as much as the bible promotes peace, understanding and compassion. The muslims who marched in the Arab Spring did it too seek a better future, the Syrians who marched against Assad in 2011 did it to seek a better Syria. This divisive, and offensive language is something that I did not expect from the leader of our nations response to our biggest crisis. We're only taking in 100,000 refugees whilst Germany take in 800,000. Atlasia can do better than this
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2015, 06:42:14 PM »

Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »

I commend both of these Executive Orders. DKrol is a committed and active Atlasian who will be a valued member of the Assembly, and as a region of compassion, we must take in all refugees,r regardless of religion. That is, after all, what Christ himself would do.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2015, 12:37:52 AM »

I'm not the biggest fan of religious quotas, or quotas of any type, but for the sake of a Devil's Advocate (nothing is a bigger impediment to improvement than an echo-chamber) I'd point out that the Secretary gave reasons for this: for one thing, Christians are less likely to be ISIL (not that most Muslims are, the vast majority are not, but it's an important point from a national security standpoint, and I think the Secretary's error was of phrasing, not necessarily substance) and from what I understand Christian refugees are facing violent discrimination beyond what Islamic refugees are facing. Now, you can say that one or both of these facts aren't facts at all, or are misleading, or draw different conclusions. But that's the information our own State Department gave.

we must take in all refugees, regardless of religion. That is, after all, what Christ himself would do.

I'm not arguing with the merit of the point, just point out merely that removing quotas does nothing to increase the amount, it just alters the composition. Now, not saying you can't argue for both to be done, but those are separate numbers.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 06:48:07 AM »

I'm not the biggest fan of religious quotas, or quotas of any type, but for the sake of a Devil's Advocate (nothing is a bigger impediment to improvement than an echo-chamber) I'd point out that the Secretary gave reasons for this: for one thing, Christians are less likely to be ISIL (not that most Muslims are, the vast majority are not, but it's an important point from a national security standpoint, and I think the Secretary's error was of phrasing, not necessarily substance) and from what I understand Christian refugees are facing violent discrimination beyond what Islamic refugees are facing. Now, you can say that one or both of these facts aren't facts at all, or are misleading, or draw different conclusions. But that's the information our own State Department gave.

we must take in all refugees, regardless of religion. That is, after all, what Christ himself would do.

I'm not arguing with the merit of the point, just point out merely that removing quotas does nothing to increase the amount, it just alters the composition. Now, not saying you can't argue for both to be done, but those are separate numbers.

The Secretary gave reasons-there were just deeply flawed and not based on any forms of fact. Leinad you're being pretty naive if your argument is the 'state department said it so we must follow it'

The idea that it's better for national security to take in less muslims because they 'could be part of ISIL' is simply wrong. ISIS have 30,000 fighters-yet in Syria alone there are 15 million Muslims! Look at the difference-and that's in just one country alone.

The 'error of phrasing' is deeply worrying, when you've got the person in charge of our response basically coming out with Islamophobic talking points that implied that only Christians in the region are peaceful. It shows ignorance of the last 5 years in the middle east where millions of Muslims, Christians, jews and atheists joined together to protest totalitarian governments

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 12:22:58 PM »

The Secretary gave reasons-there were just deeply flawed and not based on any forms of fact. Leinad you're being pretty naive if your argument is the 'state department said it so we must follow it'

The idea that it's better for national security to take in less muslims because they 'could be part of ISIL' is simply wrong. ISIS have 30,000 fighters-yet in Syria alone there are 15 million Muslims! Look at the difference-and that's in just one country alone.

The 'error of phrasing' is deeply worrying, when you've got the person in charge of our response basically coming out with Islamophobic talking points that implied that only Christians in the region are peaceful. It shows ignorance of the last 5 years in the middle east where millions of Muslims, Christians, jews and atheists joined together to protest totalitarian governments

While I agree Assad should step aside for a more democratic form of government, he has historically been better to Christians than most of the Gulf States leaders.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 04:34:24 AM »

Governor Blair leaves for a trade visit to Japan

Press Statement

This morning Governor Blair departed for a 3 day trade trip to Japan to promote the Northeast as a global business hub. This trip will bring more jobs, more investment and more opportunities for the Northeast. In the fight for a stronger economy it's vital that the Northeast competes on the global stage. Governor Blair will still be available for contact, and will keep in touch with the Assembly
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 05:53:00 AM »

Governor Blair Press Comments.

Trade Visit to Japan

I was very proud to accompany several leading businessman from the Northeast for a trade visit to Japan where I meet mayors, government ministers, police officials, academics and business people to further our relations with Japan. Asia is set to become one of our major trading hubs, and it's always been my belief that the Northeast should promote itself as a vibrant region ready for investment. Combined with my Economic bailout I'm confident that trips like these will only help our economy bounce back.

Budget 

Yesterday after weeks of planning I released the Budget for the this term. I added in spending that had been previously overlooked to ensure that our accounts were accurate. For this reason there is added spending in the bill. I expect that the Northeast will continue to run a surplus, and I hope to pass another balanced budget whilst also cutting taxes for the poorest in our society along with a reduction in sales tax to help boost the economy. Once again this is showing how the Northeast is fighting back against the economic malaise that seems to be spreading across Atlasia. Only with an active, strong government is this possible.

Repeal Mandatory Art Act

I recently filled legislation that would repeal the Mandatory Arts Act, I did this alongside with my wider review of Education in the Northeast. I've always supported arts in school, and the promotion of a greater cultural involvement. It was just after coming across this bill that I thought it imposed a heavy handed, top down approach on all our schools in Atlasia. We should promote arts, but we shouldn't do it with mandatory lessons. I'd be open with amendments to this bill, but I still think that schools should have a sense of freedom
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »

Governor, I certainly have no objections to the repeal of the Mandatory Arts Act, but you should see the obscene, grotesque, Hitlerian  act it replaced, which I am proud to say I led the charge in having overturned.

You are doing a great job as Governor.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2015, 04:10:06 PM »

'I'd like to congratulate Enduro, Clarkkent, Clyde, RGN and Dkrol for their election to the Assembly. Likewise I'd like to thank poirot for running to allow all 5 to be able to serve. For this reason I've decided to introduce an amendment to the Northeast constitution reversing the decision to scale the number of seats down to 3. The Northeast is the most active region in Atlasia, and I hope this can continue. Along with the economic reforms, and budget I hope to spend the next month on political reform to ensure that the Northeast is the most competitive, and effective region in the game.''

Governor Blair
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 04:12:30 PM »

Mr. Governor, I would like to just take this moment to barge into you office unexpected. Before your security team shows up to kick me out, I'd like to just quickly demand that a large monument be constructed of me. Although I no longer live in the cold tundra of the Northeast, I believe that I still hold the title of longest serving Northeast Governor, and the pension checks just aren't cutting it anymore.

Thank you!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015, 04:20:49 PM »

Mr. Governor, I would like to just take this moment to barge into you office unexpected. Before your security team shows up to kick me out, I'd like to just quickly demand that a large monument be constructed of me. Although I no longer live in the cold tundra of the Northeast, I believe that I still hold the title of longest serving Northeast Governor, and the pension checks just aren't cutting it anymore.

Thank you!

Something like this

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »

Thank you!

Something like this

Exactly like that
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »

'I'm delighted with the job figures released today that showed a 0.3% drop in Northeast unemployment over the last month. Whilst there is clearly a lot of work to do these figures show that the active work of the Northeast Government, along with the stimulus passed by the Assembly has clearly been a positive step for the Region. After the Holidays I intent to deliver another address to the Assembly to mark the new term. In this address I'll lay out the next stage of my economic plans to deliver on my pledge to deliver jobs, jobs and more jobs to the Northeast. Only with an active Northeast can we revive the economy. I hope everyone has a pleasant Christmas, and gets well rested for the New Year.''

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2015, 11:11:41 AM »

Mr Governor,

I'm willing to work with you in regards with the Heroine Epidemic in the Northeast and try to solve the problem. If you are not willing to work with me can the Northeast work to solve the issue that are killing our children, family members and citizens.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »

Mr Governor,

I'm willing to work with you in regards with the Heroine Epidemic in the Northeast and try to solve the problem. If you are not willing to work with me can the Northeast work to solve the issue that are killing our children, family members and citizens.

Mr Secretary of State I'd be more than willing to work with you, and the State department to tackle the issue. I'd want to consult the GM because as much as it's a pressing issue in RL, I've got no idea what the current scale of the problem is in Atlasia. We've got a completely different drug law to the USA (IIRC all drugs are de-criminalized , and are sold from certified businesses)

Even if that is the case I'd be happy to look at ways of expanding public health, and ensuring the Northeast Government has all the tools to tackle addiction
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2015, 02:31:57 PM »

'I'd like to thank Senator Elect Clarkkent for his service as Lt. Gov, and wish him the best of luck in the Senate. He's been a dedicated servant to the Northeast, and I'm sure I talk for the whole Assembly in saying that he was a valued, dedicated and vital member of the Assembly. We managed to forge a great working relationship, and I hope this continues into his days in the Senate.

I'll be announcing his replacement for Lt.Gov, along with the appointment before the special election shortly.'' 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »

Thanks to Classic Conservative for bringing this issue to my attention-I've always fought to expand healthcare coverage in Atlasia. These orders are a short term solution, expect some legislation to deal with this issue soon

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2015, 08:08:40 PM by Governor Blair »

I'm appointing former Governor Pikachu to serve out the rest of Senator Clarkkents term in the Assembly. Upon confirmation from the CJO a special election will occur
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2016, 06:01:36 AM »

'Governor Blair wished everyone in the Northeast, and Atlasia a happy new year, and will be delivering his state of the Northeast address tomorrow night
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2016, 06:36:54 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2016, 06:41:36 PM by cinyc »

The special Assembly election will be held next weekend, January 8-10.  In theory, candidates have until midnight Thursday to declare.

Again, I need to remind the governor that the law requires his nominated replacements be of the same party as the person vacating the office.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2016, 05:11:49 AM »

The special Assembly election will be held next weekend, January 8-10.  In theory, candidates have until midnight Thursday to declare.

Again, I need to remind the governor that the law requires his nominated replacements be of the same party as the person vacating the office.

IIRC this law doesn't exist (unless it's been changed in the last couple of months) I remember when I left the assembly that Governor Sawx appointed Dkrol

Just curious,
The NE laws have been amended??? Because before, if I recall correctly, the governor was forced to appoint a representative from the same party.

Yes, the laws have been amended.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2016, 12:26:55 PM »

IIRC, there was talk about repealing this law sometime last year since neither me nor Sawx never actually paid any attention to it. Idk if the Assembly ever did anything about that though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies