Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:16:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating)  (Read 4508 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« on: November 04, 2015, 03:03:47 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

VP Cincinnatus should do that, but he has not been online in the recent days.
There are precedents of Speakers of Senate opening confirmation threads, so I'll do the same.

When Cincinnatus will be back, I think he should run the thread.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:48:43 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2015, 08:19:07 AM by Speaker Cris »

Don't forget that the debate will last until November 7, 03.00 AM (Senate rules).

I'm sorry, but I can't vote to confirm Bacon King.

He's a person full of skills, but there are two big things: first of all, the timing of this nomination. Why not waiting for President-elect Griffin's decision? He'll swear in tomorrow.

Secondly, but most important: Bacon King admited that he voted in a such important vote as the vote for Northeast independence following the first good suggestion someone gave to him. And there's an evidence about that. I'll not share that evidence, but the fact that he asked about how to vote on Northeast Cabinet Amendment and his "adviser" said "who care" and then he voted "who care" is disturbing.
Again, with all due respect, I know he's a prepared person, but who can guarantee that he will not follow the "first good suggestions someone gives to him" when he'll have to handle with important Court cases?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 12:49:01 PM »

I have nothing against Bacon King.

The fact is that he admitted that he followed the first indication that someone gave to him and that it wasn't an informed decision. He has not said "what is your advice?" or "how do you think I should vote?". He said "How do I vote here, [adviser name]". Someone also said to him "who care" about a Northeast amendment and he copied and pasted "who care" in the voting booth. Can I have some doubts, some reservations? I have the fear that Bacon King might follow the first IRC indication on a Supreme Court case.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »

It's a question about trust.

IRC is a bad adviser and looks like IRC it's the origin of past conspirancies.
I hope that who needs to understand will understand. Wink
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 08:42:28 AM »

Senator Trump Talleyrand, looks like you are not getting my point. Honestly, I don't care about his choices (Yes or No on Northeast amendment, me or Griffin or SWE or someone else on the presidential race) but it looked to me that he was asking for an order and I have the fear that someone might do the same when he'll have to face Court cases.

I haven't doubts on his skills. I have a lot of doubts about his independence when he'll decide and I have the fear that his decisions might be affected by someone.

However, even without this issues, I'd still vote against the confirmation because of the timing of this nomination. I think that the President elect shall decide who is the new Justice, not a President in the final days of his (inactive, can I say this?) term.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 11:07:03 AM »

The outgoing President had full constitutional authority to make this nomination, and in fact he made the right nomination. 

It has become increasingly clear this current Senate is nothing more than an establishment clique bent on self preservation and flaunting their perceived authority.

The behavior and arrogance of this Senate is disgraceful.

Yes, you are right here, but still... Griffin will swear in today, so I think that Griffin should have the right to nominate the new Justice. Nobody is saying that it's not constitutional. It's constitutional, but according to me and other colleagues, it's not the right timing.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »

This is not the right thread to speak about electoral issues. There's an entire board (Atlas Fantasy Elections) available. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies