Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:02:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating)  (Read 4492 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: November 04, 2015, 01:27:14 PM »
« edited: November 04, 2015, 01:48:47 PM by Barnes »

I will leave Senator Yankee with that line of inquisition and ask something slightly different.

Mr. Bacon "the King" Man, how would you currently characterize the relevance of the Supreme Court and judicial institutions at-large, and what judicial reforms, if any, would you support at the present Constitutional Convention?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2015, 06:54:21 PM by Barnes »

Well, at least it's good to see you're feeling better Smiley.

Hear, hear!

Outside of anything in this game, I am genuinely glad that you are in a better place now, BK. And while you might have felt it necessary, no one on this website shold have to defend their personal life in front of others on the Internet.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:53:11 PM »

I must ask that the Speaker restore some order in the Senate!

Non-senators are fully entitled to take their comments to the appropriate threads, but I don't think it reflects well on us to have a free-for-all in this thread.  The same goes for all members of this body who are at present snipping at one another.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »

This debate has become truly absurd.  Bacon King is an eminently qualified person for this position, and at a time when we are desperate for active officeholders, it would be exceedingly foolish of the Senate to reject such a nomination.

Now, if the President-elect chooses to act on this nomination, that is his prerogative.  However, until he does such a thing, and indeed if he does such a thing, I will have no reservations at all for voting to confirm the nominee.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 10:23:10 AM »

What a truly ignominious spectacle this has been!

The Senate has seen fit to prevent one of the most qualified legal minds in the history of Atlasia from taking a seat on the Supreme Court at a time of record inactivity and inability to fill government positions.  Now, the President has stated that he is in no hurry to fill this seat, and so the Senate, by its actions here today, has neutered the highest court in the land and destroyed the career of one of our most respected statesmen. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies