'Made in Israel settlements'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:19:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  'Made in Israel settlements'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 'Made in Israel settlements'  (Read 4161 times)
MalaspinaGold

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »

How exactly was Europe at any point post-WWII more dangerous than Israel for Jews?

Israel actually had a war and Europe didn't. Germany was under Allied military rule and strict Denazification. The largest Jewish population was in France which still has the world's third largest Jewish population and was a place where fascists and collaborationists were being treated brutally. No one was going to be able to go after Jews. Paris was a safer city fir Jews than Jerusalem in 1948.

Well, Germany may have been under occupation, but look into the purges done against Jews in Poland. Poland had the largest Jewish population pre-war in Europe and was still one of the centers of the culture, and the locals were determined to wipe it out once and for all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Jewish_violence_in_Poland,_1944–46
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielce_pogrom

Beyond that, can you imagine the terror of being a small minority in a place that literally just wiped out almost your entire culture in ten years? I can see being able to fight for your freedom in a place that was yours being much more appealing than sitting around in your family's ashes waiting for the other shoe to drop.

So an incident where about forty Jews were killed (by soldiers who were later tried and executed by the government) versus sending them to an ongoing warzone where the Zionists were trying to take the land over from the people who had already lived there for millennia.

Gotcha. Man, you are insanely deluded.
Considering the time period, this was par for the course in most places.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »

How exactly was Europe at any point post-WWII more dangerous than Israel for Jews?

Israel actually had a war and Europe didn't. Germany was under Allied military rule and strict Denazification. The largest Jewish population was in France which still has the world's third largest Jewish population and was a place where fascists and collaborationists were being treated brutally. No one was going to be able to go after Jews. Paris was a safer city fir Jews than Jerusalem in 1948.

Well, Germany may have been under occupation, but look into the purges done against Jews in Poland. Poland had the largest Jewish population pre-war in Europe and was still one of the centers of the culture, and the locals were determined to wipe it out once and for all.

Beyond that, can you imagine the terror of being a small minority in a place that literally just wiped out almost your entire culture in ten years? I can see being able to fight for your freedom in a place that was yours being much more appealing than sitting around in your family's ashes waiting for the other shoe to drop.

So an incident where about forty Jews were killed (by soldiers who were later tried and executed by the government) versus sending them to an ongoing warzone where the Zionists were trying to take the land over from the people who had already lived there for millennia.

I really don't give a crap what you think of Jewish self-determination.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2015, 06:11:22 PM »

Quoted for truth. The only Jewish term that seems to apply to NYMillenial is "chutzpah", specifically the cutzpah to tell Jews where they can live and where they cannot live. Those days are over, dude.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:40 PM »

What a stellar, astonishingly well-thought, solid comeback.

Quoted for truth. The only Jewish term that seems to apply to NYMillenial is "chutzpah", specifically the cutzpah to tell Jews where they can live and where they cannot live. Those days are over, dude.

Sure, we can't tell them where to live.

But we can take away our aid as long as they continue to act as Zionazis and abuse what we give them.

We don't have to enable their savagery.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »

But we can take away our aid as long as they continue to act as Zionazis and abuse what we give them.

Every time you use that word, you prove why you're not deserving of a lengthy reply.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »

Every time you use that word, you prove why you're not deserving of a lengthy reply.

It's the equivalent to calling me an anti-semite.

Stupid labels deserve stupid labels in return.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2015, 08:35:49 PM »

Anyone who refers to Jews using a Nazi-related pejorative IS an anti-semite.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2015, 08:47:31 PM »

Nah, I think you're the anti-semite here.

You've no problem with an Israeli government that discards the lives of individual Jews, and you've demonstrated an uncanny dislike for the Palestinian people, who are also Semites.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »

There wasn't a single true remark in your post, so please just stop posting, you moron.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2015, 09:20:43 PM »

Comments like NYMillennial's are part of why I'm becoming more Zionist recently.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »

Nah, I think you're the anti-semite here.

You've no problem with an Israeli government that discards the lives of individual Jews, and you've demonstrated an uncanny dislike for the Palestinian people, who are also Semites.

The term anti-semitism was coined exclusively to refer to Jews.

But if it'll stop the pedantry, we'll refer to all people who refer to Jews as Nazis as "Jew-haters" from now on, okay?

I think my bingo card is almost full.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2015, 09:39:39 PM »

There wasn't a single true remark in your post, so please just stop posting, you moron.

Reminds me of any post you make about Israel/Europe not being safe for Jews after WW2, tbh. Lmao.

The term anti-semitism was coined exclusively to refer to Jews.

But if it'll stop the pedantry, we'll refer to all people who refer to Jews as Nazis as "Jew-haters" from now on, okay?

I think my bingo card is almost full.

Just agree that I care more for the lives of individual Jews and you care more about some petty garboni perpetuated by Israel's Zionazi government and we'll be good.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »

Stop saying 'Zionazi', you jackass.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2015, 09:50:15 PM »

Reminds me of any post you make about Israel/Europe not being safe for Jews after WW2, tbh. Lmao.
I understand all Jews might look the same to someone like you, but I was not the one with whom you discussed that issue, it was Rubio Republican. I only made a post on the Dutch situation after WWII.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »

This is what Jew-haters do. They know how much it hurts Jews to be casually contrasted with their worst murderers, so they do it as much as they can. The casual cruelty is the point, I believe.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2015, 12:38:52 AM »

IT's fairly evident that NYMillenial expects Jews to act, good, obedient lapdogs for him and his worldview, and if they do so, and don't decide to get uppity, then out of the goodness of his hurt, he will deign to protect them against what he considers to be "bad" anti-semitism. Essentially well-off dhimmis. Indeed very similar to what Israel expects of Arabs living in Israel currently- keep your head down, and we won't go out of our way to hurt you. Also, the very same way Jews are treated in a country like Iran.

The difference is that Iran is under a hegemonic leadership, so a guarantee of safety, even at the cost of being a dhimmi, means actual safety. Unfortunately (fortunately?), low-energy Brooklyn neckbeards like NyMillenial are not in any position of power, or influence, and therefore cannot do anything except Sad Sad Sad (good) Jews are dying Sad Sad Sad , and other patronizing, holier-than-thou bullsh[inks]. Quite frankly, I'd rather deal with a member of Hamas in Gaza than with someone like NYMillenial, since at least the former is actually trying to liberate himself from a hellhole, rather than tut-tutting at people half-way across the world who he has no relation to, from some hipster apartment in NYC.

F[inks] off.

Oh and also, what Nathan said.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2015, 01:56:08 AM »

As long as idiots continue to use "anti-semite" as an insult for anybody who dares criticize the polices of Israel's dear, beloved leaders, I'll continue to use Zionazi.

I understand all Jews might look the same to someone like you, but I was not the one with whom you discussed that issue, it was Rubio Republican. I only made a post on the Dutch situation after WWII.

I apologize for that.

But then I saw the hot garbonium alloy you posted in the Paris thread and realize maybe you don't deserve an apology.

This is what Jew-haters do. They know how much it hurts Jews to be casually contrasted with their worst murderers, so they do it as much as they can. The casual cruelty is the point, I believe.

That's some solid armchair psychology you've got going there, Rubio Republican. I think you've found your true calling.
IT's fairly evident that NYMillenial expects Jews to act, good, obedient lapdogs for him and his worldview, and if they do so, and don't decide to get uppity, then out of the goodness of his hurt, he will deign to protect them against what he considers to be "bad" anti-semitism. Essentially well-off dhimmis. Indeed very similar to what Israel expects of Arabs living in Israel currently- keep your head down, and we won't go out of our way to hurt you. Also, the very same way Jews are treated in a country like Iran.

The difference is that Iran is under a hegemonic leadership, so a guarantee of safety, even at the cost of being a dhimmi, means actual safety. Unfortunately (fortunately?), low-energy Brooklyn neckbeards like NyMillenial are not in any position of power, or influence, and therefore cannot do anything except Sad Sad Sad (good) Jews are dying Sad Sad Sad , and other patronizing, holier-than-thou bullsh[inks]. Quite frankly, I'd rather deal with a member of Hamas in Gaza than with someone like NYMillenial, since at least the former is actually trying to liberate himself from a hellhole, rather than tut-tutting at people half-way across the world who he has no relation to, from some hipster apartment in NYC.

F[inks] off.

TIL I'm a neckbeard hipster from Brooklyn.

This is an eye-opening experience for me, Mr. Ironic.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2015, 02:00:55 AM »

As long as idiots continue to use "anti-semite" as an insult for anybody who dares criticize the polices of Israel's dear, beloved leaders, I'll continue to use Zionazi.

I apologize for that.

But then I saw the hot garbonium alloy you posted in the Paris thread and realize maybe you don't deserve an apology.

That's some solid armchair psychology you've got going there, Rubio Republican. I think you've found your true calling.

F[inks] off.

TIL I'm a neckbeard hipster from Brooklyn.

This is an eye-opening experience for me, Mr. Ironic.
If you aren't, then stop acting like one.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2015, 02:25:48 AM »

So, in other words, until people stop calling you an anti-semite, you'll...act like an anti-semite. GOOD PLAN, NYMILLENNIAL. REAL GOOD.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies