The Reagan Building: The Department of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:56:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Reagan Building: The Department of State
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Reagan Building: The Department of State  (Read 11346 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2015, 06:35:13 AM »

Welcome to the Reagan Building

My friends and enemies welcome to the new and improved state of the line, Reagan Building. In this thread we will be having all legal announcements and important speeches while in a newspaper which will have its first publication tommorrow will be located in the Atlas Fantasy Elections Board. There you will learn about current works events and important information. Well I have some directives to give now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 12:51:38 PM »

The Reagan building? At leas it makes the likelihood of an Iran deal increase
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »

The Reagan building? At leas it makes the likelihood of an Iran deal increase
Since we have Senator Truman I felt like Truman wasn't right no offense to Senator Truman so I felt like naming it after Reagan for his policy of peace through strength.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2015, 07:03:44 PM by Classic Conservative »

The Department of State is monitoring the situation in Paris very closely a statement to come.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 07:56:13 PM »

Press Conference on the Terriost Attacks in Paris

Good Evening,

Just about 15 minutes ago, I arrived in Paris to see a sadden city the likes of which I haven't seen in many years. I come before you today to tell you what this madness was caused by Radical Islamic Terrorists. The Department of State at this time and I believe Atlasia in its whole have the people of France and the loved ones of those who died in their thoughts and prayers. Later this evening I will visit the sites of these atrocities and view the carniage. I will pray for the people and the end of this madness. Paris will never be forgotten nor will these atrocities and the terrorists will pay for their actions. We are monitoring to make sure all Atlasians who were present at the site of the attacks are safe.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 09:03:41 PM »

REFUGEE COMMITTEE ANNOUNCED

The Department of State today which resumed to their normal activities after the Paris Attacks released a list of 75 individuals who will be on the offical refugee committee. Their are hundreds of operatives in the CIA and other government agencies but we will not release their names for security reasons.

Chair: Secretary of State Classic Conservative
Assistant Chair: JCL
Honorary Chairs: President Adam Griffin, Vice President Duke, Speaker of the Senate Cris and Justice TJ

National Members:
Johnnie Moore Jr.- Author of Defying ISIS, Chair of the Nazerene Fund
Glenn Beck- Chair of the Nazerene Fund
Steve Maman- Businessman

Their are other members who are not being announced in this office. For an offical list please contact the Undersecretary of Refugee Status Matthew X. Clark.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »

Are the regional Governors going to have any input in this committee?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 09:28:14 PM »

Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 09:35:52 PM »

Mr. Secretary when Israel change their capital?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 09:51:59 PM »

Mr. Secretary when Israel change their capital?
Israel's Capital City has been Jerusalem since 1950 but almost every country has had their diplomatic missions located in Tel Aviv.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »

Refugee Acceptance Speech

"Good Evening and Welcome,

Today after many strenuous hours of arguments and debate, I have decided our country's plan on accepting refugees from the Middle East and areas stricken by terror. Our committee has talked to thousands on the ground and here at home to find the best solution to this problem and the best way to keep our country safe while helping those in need. Through my faith, I have learned to love anyone regardless of their faith, background or economic situation. But let me be clear the claims that I am supporting only my own religion are as false as one plus one equaling three. Yes Christians will be allowed in but not on their religious background, but beacuse they are easier to have background checks on and almost all Middle Eastern Christians are peaceful people who don't fight wars. If you don't like the committees findings or who we are going to accept please contact myself and we will hopefully resolve the issue in due time. With that all said, here is the plan on accepting refugees.

The Refugees will be brought in, in four different waves.

Wave 1 is to be commence on Christmas Eve and all refugees will land in Atlasia by Christmas Day at 1:00 PM.

Wave 2 is to commence on January 18 at 12 Noon and all refugees will land in Atlasia by January 19 at 12 Noon.

Wave 3 is to commence on Valentine's Eve at 8:00 PM and all refugees will land in Atlasia by Valentines Day at 8:00 PM.

Wave 4 is to commence on March 1 at 7:00 AM and all refugees will land in Atlasia by March 2 at 7:00 AM

In total the Republic of Atlasia will accept 100,000 refugees who will be separated into the five different regions with 20,000 going into every region. No families will be separated in the process.

With regards on who we are going to accept we are going to break it down by religion or group they belong too. I have been asked by a few governors including very bluntly by Governor Tmthforu to switch up who I'm going to accept and as a measure of peace I will most certainly.

Here is our plan:

Wave 1: 75% Christian, 22% Other, 3% Islamic
Wave 2: 55% Christian, 20% Other, 25% Islamic
Wave 3: 52% Christian, 30% Other, 22% Islamic
Wave 4: 50% Islamic, 25% Christian, 25% Other

We are accepting our refugees not just from Iraq and Syria but from a myriad of other countries including Pakistan, Israel, Palestine, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Bahrain, Lebanon and Turkey.

40%- Iraq
20%-  Syria
10%- Libya
9%- Lebanon
9%- Pakistan
2%- Israel
2%- Palestine
2%- Egypt
2%- Yemen
2%- Bahrain
2%- Turkey

If you have questions please contact myself and Governors I hope to hear from you.

Thank You All and May God Bless Atlasia."

Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 06:13:13 PM »

This is a very brave decision and i want to congratulate all participants who make this possible. I just want to ask Mr. Secretary,  why quota for Syria is so small?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »

This is a very brave decision and i want to congratulate all participants who make this possible. I just want to ask Mr. Secretary,  why quota for Syria is so small?
Thank you the State Department team tried their best to bring all sides to the table. We had such a low quota beacuse we don't have the best relations with Syria and it is hard to have intelligence on the ground there.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 08:22:58 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2015, 08:28:01 PM by President Griffin »

Now, obviously the Atlasian Refugee Act of 1980 vests all power in quotas for refugee handling exclusively in the executive branch - namely, in this case, the President - with the notion that refugees processed and accepted are admitted based on the definition of "any person who is outside any country of such person nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, is outside any country in which such person last habitually resided, and who is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or herself of the protection of, that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion".

Furthermore, since the definition of refugee excludes "any person who ordered, incited, assisted, or otherwise participated in the persecution of any person on ... account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion", the refugee vetting process will handle any possibilities for organized discrimination of groups based on religion and will exclude anyone falling under this definition from qualifying for refugee status.

The White House is willing and looks forward to working with anyone and everyone on this matter in the coming days and weeks.  
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 08:38:11 PM »

I concur with the President, I don't have the final say with the refugees he does and this was just the State Departments plan not the Presidents. The President has a final say in the matter and I trust he will do the best. And look not only Christians are being saved by the terrorists but all people regardless of their faith or situation. I urge all to read the proposal and not just calling in the executioner.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 08:40:20 PM »

We appreciate the clarification Mr. President.  To parse that just a little bit further, are we to assume that the quota policy outlined by the Secretary of State is not going to be utilized by the administration?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 08:47:33 PM »

Well I could change the plan to accept people on their merit???
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 08:51:33 PM »

We appreciate the clarification Mr. President.  To parse that just a little bit further, are we to assume that the quota policy outlined by the Secretary of State is not going to be utilized by the administration?

Until I announce any related plan, it shouldn't be assumed that any other proposed plan forms the basis for what will occur.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 08:54:42 PM »

What has Classic Conservative done that is actual administration policy, President Griffin? Should we assume nothing?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »

What has Classic Conservative done that is actual administration policy, President Griffin? Should we assume nothing?
I know that you despise me and you want me out of the State Department as soon as possible but unless the President raises concerns which he hasn't I assume he accepts it.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 09:04:22 PM »

I know that you despise me and you want me out of the State Department as soon as possible but unless the President raises concerns which he hasn't I assume he accepts it.

I do not despise you; I strongly disagree with your political views, especially the actions that you've taken as SoS.

I think we can all agree that the current situation is a bit confusing. It would have been thought that all major actions taken by the SoS would be cleared with the President beforehand which did not seem to occur in this case.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2015, 09:08:30 PM »

I do not despise you; I strongly disagree with your political views, especially the actions that you've taken as SoS.

I think we can all agree that the current situation is a bit confusing. It would have been thought that all major actions taken by the SoS would be cleared with the President beforehand which did not seem to occur in this case.
I can also concur with you, I ran it by the Governor with a PM I sent to a few people I have no idea if he received it so I thought that this was approved since I received nothing saying that he disapproved of it. But I can make this clear to all, THIS IS NOT THE ADMINISTRATIONS FINAL PLAN, IT IS JUST MY PROPOSAL
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2015, 10:16:06 PM »

In hindsight, I realize that this was completely my fault. The SoS sent me (and several others) his initial plan several days ago. While I glanced at it, I did not do the due diligence of reading it over in full detail. The holidays have had me a bit helter-skelter and so this misunderstanding falls on my office for not fully reading and providing the necessary input at the time it was initially proposed.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 12:58:29 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, the default option is to take 60,000 refugees. The Secretary is increasing that number tremendously. In an alternate universe, we would be fighting over whether to welcome 10,000 more refugees for the entire country.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 01:04:14 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, the default option is to take 60,000 refugees. The Secretary is increasing that number tremendously. In an alternate universe, we would be fighting over whether to welcome 10,000 more refugees for the entire country.

The default number (assuming we haven't changed it through Atlasian referendum) is 50,000 per year, but that can be increased by the President in "emergency situations".
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies