The Reagan Building: The Department of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Reagan Building: The Department of State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Reagan Building: The Department of State  (Read 11326 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 01:35:39 AM »

It is generally a bad approach to assume silence equals approval. I sent TNF numerous PMs detailing the process that would guide the hearings on the 2013 Pacific situation. Of course he didn't respond and came back once the hearings had started and acted as if he had been kept in the dark and that the process was corrupted.

In this circumstance, at least as far as the President is concerned, waiting for feedback should be a priority before going public.

I would suppose the burden on the plan presented is proving that the situation on the ground, the threat basically, is proportionate to the quotas presented. Perhaps a case can be made either way since on the one hand you have a smaller population base for one group and therefore a higher impact on the community, whereas the large population base of the other means that a larger number are at risk.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 11:10:15 AM »

Well I was out on friday night, and recieved the PM then only to wake up on Saturday morning to find out what had happened. The fact that the SOS waited what 12 hours between sending information to the Governors, and announcing it is concerning. Along with the fact that it was a policy, and now it's not.

It's time to draw a line under this as President Griffin says, and actually work together on a new approach
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 07:58:11 PM »

Would everyone like it better if I would scrap the quota system based on religion but not country.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 08:06:36 PM »

Would everyone like it better if I would scrap the quota system based on religion but not country.
I know I would.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 03:59:24 AM »

Syria's refugees deserve larger quota's.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 04:07:11 PM »

As the SOS has previously said, we need better Intel before we enlarge the Syrian contingent of refugees. We have people on the ground who are aiding our due diligence.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2015, 02:31:43 PM »

What's the situation with Paris?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2015, 02:33:35 PM »

The Climate Confrence which I am flying back with or the attacks a month or so ago??? A full report on the Confrence will be released this Monday or Tuesday.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2015, 03:50:54 PM »

The Climate Confrence which I am flying back with or the attacks a month or so ago??? A full report on the Confrence will be released this Monday or Tuesday.

The Climate Conference, it will be interesting to see what the deal does for Atlasia
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2015, 06:42:59 PM »

The only thing I will tell about the Climate Confrence is it's a treaty that must be ratified by the Senate and we have reached a deal with around 175 countries including China and India
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »

It's not a treaty-at least using RW events

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/paris-climate-talks-tic-toc-216721
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »

Classic Conservative Visits the World

Starting tomorrow morning the 18th of December till the 20 of January, Secretary of State Classic Conservative is going on a worldwide mission to visit nations around the world including war zones to meet with officials and develop a coalition and a strategy to protect rights worldwide. The end of the trip will be finished in New York with an address to the United Nations.

December 18
Travel Day arrive in Vatican City

December 19
Meet with Pope Francis have a joint press conference

December 20
Visit Poland meet with President
Visit Slovakia meet with President and Parliament

December 21
Meet with Baltic Presidents in Estonia also meet with the Danish and Swedish Royal Families in Gothenburg

December 22
Visit Refugees in Germany and wish them goodbye when they board plane to Saudi Arabia
Visit New Refugees in Greece talk to them about their journey and pray with them

December 23-26
Visit Israel and Palestine
Meet with Governement of both countries
Attend Christmas Mass in Bethlehem

December 27-28
Visit Christians in Egypt and Muslim Leaders
Visit the President and Sudanese Refugees
Announce big Sudan news and a genocide
Visit Mount Sinai

December 29-January 2
Land in Irbil Iraq
Visit 15 Refugee camps
Visit Mosul and Sinjar as well as the frontlines
Visit leaders of the Yazidis, Christians, Shiites, Mandeans etc.
Meet with Peshmerga leaders and Iranian Consulate
Hold Press Conference demanding the release of Western Hostages on Iranian Border

January 3-9
Land in Pakistan
Meet with Christian Leaders
Give interviews to asylum seekers
Meet with the Barnabas Fund and the Nazerene Fund as well as the Hungarian Government in Lahore

January 10
Meet with King Abdullah of Jordan

January 11-13
Land in Taipei
Meet with Tawianese Government officials
Talk about trade agreements and the mainland Chiense government

January 14-15
Land in Bejing speak about Tawianese Government and important changes in government system
Hold Major Press Conference

January 16
Visit Vietnamese Christians in the mountains
Speak about Asylum and give interviews

January 17
Visit Singapore Government talk about exchange of citizens and a deal that makes it mandatory to switch citizens who are wanted by the other government

January 18
Visit the DMZ Zone in South Korea

January 19
Meet with the President of the Philippines

January 20
Travel Day
Major Address to the UN
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »

Christmas Address

The Department of State and my family would like to wish all people celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ a Merry Christmas. Over two thousand years ago, my savior Christ was born at this spot that I will be visiting as a deacon and helping celebrate Christmas Mass at on Christmas Day. We would like to thank all who have helped us in the administration and all of our staff a Merry Christmas and to all who don't celebrate the Birth of Christ, have a very happy holiday.

Thank You and May God Bless Atlasia,
Secretary of State Classic Conservative
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2015, 09:18:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »

Mr. Secretary, I believe that former Governor Simfan is a traitor and a fugitive, and request that he be brought home to Atlasia to stand trial for his crimes.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 12:21:24 PM by Simfan34 »

I support the Secretary's efforts to crack down on the treacherous elements of the SAOC. I am by no means a traitor, however!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »

I am confused by this measure, as the GM has disavowed the existence of the "SAOC." I can think of many better uses for our tax dollars than waging war on the figment's of Mr. Simfan's imagination.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »

The SAOC is enshrined in statute, Senator Truman. The GM might as well disavow the existence of ham sandwiches.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 08:17:14 PM »

The SAOC is enshrined in statute, Senator Truman.
Perhaps, but in any event the GM has explicitly stated that the "events" described by you in your office thread did not take place. Thus, for all intents and purposes related to this game, there is no uprising in the Pacific for the federal government to respond to. You are of course free to believe that an army of hobgoblins is marching on Nyman if you so desire, but the State Department should not commit $50,000 dollars to respond to an "event" that never happened.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2015, 02:42:40 AM »

There is no army of hobgoblins, indeed.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2016, 05:54:37 PM »

The Department of State congratulates Ambassador JCL and his fiancé on their engagement and wishes them the best throughout their engagement and marriage. A private gift from the SOS Classic Conservative has been sent to the couple.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2016, 11:23:21 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2016, 09:29:22 PM »

Chinese Embassy Address Changed to 1 Liu Xiaobo Plaza

The current State Department, has fought for the past few months for human rights around the world. We have fought for women's rights in the Middle East, reproductive rights in China and freedom of religion, speech, press and conscience throughout the world. In conjunction with the City of Nyman the address of the Chinese Embassy has been changed from 3505 International Place Northwest to 1 Liu Xiaobo Plaza. To stand for Human Rights worldwide we are forcing the People's Republic of China to acknowledge their transgressions against human rights and we demand the release of all political prisoners that are held for opposing viewpoints.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2016, 09:06:49 PM »

CLASSIC CONSERVATIVE REMARKS ON PACIFIC ATTACKS

"Good Evening,
   Sadly today we lost twenty of our great citizens. This issue is a very sad issue, especially with terrorists causing this mass murder. I send my condolences to the families of the Red Cross Workers who, I met with earlier today. And I ask that the Lord, sends his blessing on their families. And that our country gets on our knees and pray for the family. I also want to thank President Griffin and Governor Bessel, for their tireless work on the issue since the news broke. The FBI and other organizations as the public knows are currently investigating the issue and the terror attacks. But, we have learned one thing today. we mus upgrade our defense and immigration services in this country. We need to better prepare our country from a now nuclear North Korea and the possibility of more attacks from ISIL. I am currently working with various senators on this issue. I also ask that people don't blame on group or another for this tragedy. And we blame what caused this, hate and evil.

May God Continue his Blessing on Atlasia."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2016, 08:33:16 PM »

CLASSIC CONSERVATIVE ADDRESSES THE NATION AFTER BRUSSELS ATTACKS

"Good Evening,

My fellow Atlasians, it is with sadness that, I must come back to you this evening and speak about the brutality that these jihadists known as ISIL, have committed today in Brussels. We here at the State Department are keeping the people of Belgium and the rest of Europe in our thoughts and prayers today and the rest of this Holy Week. But, this isn't the first recent, ISIL Attack it is the fifth in less than a year in the Western World. And the third over the past week, as ISIL loses strength in Iraq and Syria, they only grow in Libya, Egypt, Yemen and their attacks are more frequent and vicious across the globe. We as Atlasians, but also you the public servants of this nation must come up with a plan to fundamentally defeat and destroy this evil by the end of Easter Weekend. When we literally have jihadists in Dearborn, Michigan taking in the town the time to act is now before anything worse happens. Never Again is Now and We Will Stand and Fight and Win.

God Bless Atlasia and may God Keep You and Our Nation Safe."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies