2nd FLP Conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:31:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2nd FLP Conference
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 2nd FLP Conference  (Read 8918 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005, 09:18:50 PM »

Presidential Race
Peter Bell (IL -IN)

Mideast Gubernatorial Race
Joe Republic (I -OH)

Mideast Senate
Texasgurl (FL -WI)

Southeast Senate
Sam Spade (CU -LA)

Midwest Senate
Yaks Hairbrush (I -MN)

Pacific Senate
True Democrat (IL -MT)

Northeast Senate
Colin Wixted (CU -PA)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2005, 06:33:38 AM »

Okay...since we seem to be voting rather than debating...Presidential Race
no endorsement

Joe Republic (I-OH)

Mideast Senate
Texasgurl (FL-WI)

Southeast Senate
no endorsement

Midwest Senate
Yaks Hairbrush (?-MN)

Pacific Senate
True Democrat (IL-MT)

Northeast Senate
no endorsement
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »

Presidential Race
Peter Bell (IL -IN)

Joe Republic (I -OH)

Mideast Senate
Texasgurl (FL -WI)

Southeast Senate
Sam Spade (CU -LA)

Midwest Senate
Yaks Hairbrush (I -MN)

Pacific Senate
True Democrat (IL -MT)

Northeast Senate
No Endorsement
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2005, 02:57:51 AM »

We will now need to hold a re-endorsement on the Presidential race, as candidates have dropped out and others announced.  On this second Farmer Labor convention ballot I will also include a re-endorsement vote on the Northeast Senate race, as migrendel has announced he will oppose Colin Wixted as a member of his newly founded Communist Party.

Presidential Race
- Peter Bell (IL-IN)
- Keystone Phil (ACA-PA)/MHS2002 (CU-VA)
- John Dibble (L-GA)/Bono (I-NH)
- King (CU-VT)/Bob (CU-OR)
- John F. Kennedy (AMRL-CA)/Ernest (AMRL-HI)
- Supersoulty (F-PA)

Northeast Senate
- migrendel (C-MA)
- Colin Wixted (CU-PA)

My ballot
Presidential Race
1.) King (CU-VT)/Bob (CU-OR)
2.) Peter Bell (IL-IN)

Northeast Senate
Abstain
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2005, 05:19:59 AM »

Presidential Race
Peter Bell (IL -IN)

Joe Republic (I -OH)

Mideast Senate
Texasgurl (FL -WI)

Southeast Senate
Sam Spade (CU -LA)

Midwest Senate
DanielX (ACA -WY)

Pacific Senate
True Democrat (IL -MT)

Northeast Senate
NOTA
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2005, 05:30:36 AM »

I'd like to thank the FLP membership for its (so far) unanimous endorsement of my campaign.  It means a lot to me to have the largest party in the Mideast region supporting me, and I'm incredibly grateful for that.  Thank you!
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2005, 09:37:50 AM »

Kodratos   3
Texasgurl  6

It looks like Texasgurl has run a helluva get out-the-vote campaign. People who never rear thier faces on this board have come out to vote for her. Things look bad for me, and it seems certain that I will not win the endorsement of this party.

The Farmer-Labor Party has turned into the UL 2.0, and so I seriously doubt my future here. I can still hope this party will support me, but if it does not I have decided to stay in the race as I think against the wider citizenry of the Mideast I can beat her.

Thanks
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2005, 03:55:45 PM »

That said, I want to wish you good luck. I think this will be a good tight race, and if I don't win the endorsement of our party then I will support you.
Nice to see your a man of your word.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2005, 04:07:18 PM »

That said, I want to wish you good luck. I think this will be a good tight race, and if I don't win the endorsement of our party then I will support you.

I thought the race would be much closer(I'm infuriated that a party which is supposedly neutral on wedge issues is so one sided on them), and I thought the race would be friendly. You have obviously made the latter not so.

I have decided to stay in the race because I want to see you lose
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2005, 04:08:42 PM »

Since you guys are doing this over, I would like to say that I am activelt seeking the endorsement of this party.  Please, if there are any questions I can answer, feel free to ask.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2005, 04:10:30 PM »

I thought the race would be much closer(I'm infuriated that a party which is supposedly neutral on wedge issues is so one sided on them), and I thought the race would be friendly. You have obviously made the latter not so.

Wow, I was about to ask you why you left the Freedom Party, but now, I don't want you back anyway.  You don't run a campaign because you want to see someone else lose.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2005, 04:10:44 PM »

I'm not quite sure what you think is going on, but I suspect that your probably losing this endorsement vote has a little more to do with the fact that:
1. You've been away for a long time and you seem to think you can just step in to a race and run against the frontrunner from your own party.
2. Nobody's entirely sure where you stand on issues - I certainly am not.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2005, 04:11:49 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2005, 04:18:08 PM by Kodratos »

Wow, I was about to ask you why you left the Freedom Party, but now, I don't want you back anyway.  You don't run a campaign because you want to see someone else lose.

I was never in the Freedom Party. I wouldn't want to be a party with you, you've have it out for me for a really long time.

You're supposed run a campaign to beat your opponent
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2005, 04:16:49 PM »

I'm not quite sure what you think is going on, but I suspect that your probably losing this endorsement vote has a little more to do with the fact that:
1. You've been away for a long time and you seem to think you can just step in to a race and run against the frontrunner from your own party.
2. Nobody's entirely sure where you stand on issues - I certainly am not.

You don't know everything that's going on, and I don't feel like explaining it.

And no I didn't think I could just walk away with the endorsement. I just thought it would be much less one sided than it is.

I don't know what to tell you about where I stand. I'm sure most people could tell I'm left wing, but not nearly as left wing as Texasgurl.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2005, 04:20:11 PM »

I was never in the Freedom Party. I wouldn't want to be a party with you, you've have it out for me for a really long time.

You're supposed run a campaign to beat you're opponent

No I haven't.  And I thought you were a member, my bad.

Why would you think that I have it out for you?  I don't have it out for anyone.  At the end of the day, regardless of what happens, I don't even have any negative feelings towards Opebo or BRTD.  I don't hold grudges and seeing as we used to get along, I don't know why you would think I held a grudge against you.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2005, 04:21:58 PM »

Why would you think that I have it out for you?  I don't have it out for anyone.  At the end of the day, regardless of what happens, I don't even have any negative feelings towards Opebo or BRTD.  I don't hold grudges and seeing as we used to get along, I don't know why you would think I held a grudge against you.

You've told me to go f-ck myself because I suggested that homosexuals were drawn to the priesthood. Ever since then you've consistently been rude to me. And no, I have been a member since the FLP was founded. In fact I was the 2nd member(behind only Al).
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2005, 04:27:57 PM »

You've told me to go f-ck myself because I suggested that homosexuals were drawn to the priesthood. Ever since then you've consistently been rude to me. And no, I have been a member since the FLP was founded. In fact I was the 2nd member(behind only Al).

Well, if I started bashing the Orthodox Church, which I wouldn't, because I love the Orthodox Church, then you would get mad too.  I've told Preston to "go to Hell" over the Gay Marriage issue, and we are still friends and in the same party.

When have I talked to you since then?  To be honest, I had forgotten you even said that.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2005, 04:32:15 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2005, 04:33:50 PM by Kodratos »

Well, if I started bashing the Orthodox Church, which I wouldn't, because I love the Orthodox Church, then you would get mad too.  I've told Preston to "go to Hell" over the Gay Marriage issue, and we are still friends and in the same party.

When have I talked to you since then?  To be honest, I had forgotten you even said that.

Every once in a while, I don't want to pull up posts. Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to come to that conclusion.

And it isn't bashing the Catholic Church to suggest they allow married priests. I wouldn't mind if you questioned my church's doctrine, in fact I would expect you to.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2005, 04:39:05 PM »

Every once in a while, I don't want to pull up posts. Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to come to that conclusion.

And it isn't bashing the Catholic Church to suggest they allow married priests. I wouldn't mind if you questioned my church's doctrine, in fact I would expect you to.

If you had said that, that would have been fine.  That is not what you said.  You said "The priesthood attracts homosexuals".  You assumed that because these men weren't married, they are gay and that guys who are hetrosexual don't want to be priests, which is not the truth at all.  Are Orthodox bishops all gay?
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2005, 04:43:32 PM »

If you had said that, that would have been fine.  That is not what you said.  You said "The priesthood attracts homosexuals".  You assumed that because these men weren't married, they are gay and that guys who are hetrosexual don't want to be priests, which is not the truth at all.  Are Orthodox bishops all gay?

No, and neither are Catholic priests. I think that by not allowing marriage though, that the ocupation is tailor-made for those seeking to escape having to deal with thier sexuality. I don't think not marrying makes someone gay, in fact I applaud those who are sincere for giving thier life to God; it's the bad-apples that ruin it for the real-deals.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2005, 04:46:37 PM »

No, and neither are Catholic priests. I think that by not allowing marriage though, that the ocupation is tailor-made for those seeking to escape having to deal with thier sexuality. I don't think not marrying makes someone gay, in fact I applaud those who are sincere for giving thier life to God; it's the bad-apples that ruin it for the real-deals.

Okay, well then you could have just have said that, and I would have respectfully disagreed.  That wasn't what you said though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2005, 04:52:13 PM »

And since then, I have not said a solitary negative thing toward you.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2005, 05:39:50 PM »

Maybe it's your personality. See your above post, you don't exactly know when to quit
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2005, 05:44:04 PM »

Maybe it's your personality. See your above post, you don't exactly know when to quit

I like both of you, so could we all please get along? Smiley

And I would like to respectfully ask for any and all high preferences from FLP members for the upcoming Presidential election. Wink
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2005, 03:50:23 PM »

Since you guys are doing this over, I would like to say that I am activelt seeking the endorsement of this party.  Please, if there are any questions I can answer, feel free to ask.

OK. Why should we endorse an economic rightist and union basher?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies