Understanding Islam, and reading the Qur'an chapter-by-chapter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:39:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Understanding Islam, and reading the Qur'an chapter-by-chapter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Understanding Islam, and reading the Qur'an chapter-by-chapter  (Read 8752 times)
DudeOfDudes
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:35:38 PM »

correct. So when a Muslim says there is no God but Allah, they are really saying there is no god but God. Allah and Jehovah are both God, in a sense the same God. They are only different gods because people create God in their own image. So every Muslim and every Christian has a different "image" of God in their mind. It is the figurative chicken and egg, did "god" create humans in "his" image or have humans created "god" in their own limited image of what god would be if god existed? There's the conundrum.

The same God?!  Really?!  Who are you to equate them as worshipping the same God?

Have you not heard that the New Testament claims that Jesus is God and that as far as it is concerned, and even as far as Jesus' own words, rejection of Jesus' identity and resurrection is tantamount to rejecting God?  Therefore, Christians do NOT worship the same God as Muslims, since Christians worship Jesus as God and Muslims reject Jesus as God.
DudeOfDudes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2015, 03:30:14 PM by DudeOfDudes »

I also said that they were different. Each person has a different "image" of God in their mind.
The Bible speaks of the image of God in the first chapter. Does any person fully understand what the term God means and if that God exists, what he (or she) is like?

...By the way my only point was that "Allah" simply means "God". In other words "Allah" isn't the name of the specific God that Muslims worship although their idea of God is obviously different
from the idea that Jesus is God.

YES, the Old Testament did not give us an image of God, which is why God came to earth in the form of Jesus Christ, so that men would know who God was...so the image of God is NOT left to the individual, as you claim, but is proclaimed in the New Testament.  

John 14:8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” 9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?

Heb 1:3 "The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being..."

2Cor 4:4 "Christ, who is the image of God"

Col 1:15 "The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation."

Likewise the name of God in the New Testament is NOT generic, but is also stated:

Phil 2:9-11 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So, there is no possible way to reconcile Islam with Christianity as Christianity claims an exclusive path to God through accepting Jesus Christ as God's Son and believing in his resurrection from the dead, both of which Islam rejects.

John 3:36 "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies