Would you rather live in Bridgeport, Connecticut or Baghdad?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:44:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather live in Bridgeport, Connecticut or Baghdad?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you rather live in Bridgeport, Connecticut or Baghdad?
Bridgeport

Baghdad

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Would you rather live in Bridgeport, Connecticut or Baghdad?  (Read 3739 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 09:19:28 AM »

Heck I have a rough block right in back of me. It's fine. I just don't make a habit of walking it at night alone.

Wait.  Hudson has a bad block in it?  I thought the town sh**t Hershey's kisses and peed champagne?  Tend to this outrage, man!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 06:22:26 PM »

Heck I have a rough block right in back of me. It's fine. I just don't make a habit of walking it at night alone.

Wait.  Hudson has a bad block in it?  I thought the town sh**t Hershey's kisses and peed champagne?  Tend to this outrage, man!

Nah, it is a very diverse town, and we all live together. That is one of its charms. And I enjoy trying to get along with everyone, no matter their station in life, or background. It is one of the charms of a small town. You can get to know people personally like this, because you run into them all the time, and as issues arise and so forth.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »

Bridgeport, easily. Didn't it use to be well-off? Still far better than Baghdad.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 10:54:06 AM »

Baghdad..... No second thoughts on it. Bridgeport is such a retched city.

Have you ever been there? Or just guessing based off of a wikipedia article?

Andrew is from CT.  I trust his viewpoint.

This is correct. As a former Fairfield county resident, I can safely say that city blows... And in was just in Bridgeport in September. I almost got robbed twice in that God forbidden city. The only thing it has going for it is the Merritt Canteen. That's it.

How many times a year do you think you'd get mugged (or worse) in Baghdad ?

I'm a white, gay male... so I'd imagine I would get mugged less in Baghdad.

Don't put that to the test

Whatever... since apparently I'm not allowed to make my own decisions that I base off of a crappy city that I've been to and have had issues with several times, I'll take the advise of people who have most likely never been to this hellhole.

I'll change it to Bridgeport. Hopefully this is an acceptable answer
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 02:18:14 AM »

This is correct. As a former Fairfield county resident, I can safely say that city blows... And in was just in Bridgeport in September. I almost got robbed twice in that God forbidden city. The only thing it has going for it is the Merritt Canteen. That's it.

Whatever... since apparently I'm not allowed to make my own decisions that I base off of a crappy city that I've been to and have had issues with several times, I'll take the advise of people who have most likely never been to this hellhole.

make whatever choice you'd llike. i'm just sayiing I've known several people who were deployed lived in Baghdad , and any one of them would've chosen Bridgeport, or even East St. Louis,  in a heartbeat.

I get it: Bridgeport is a post-industrial wasteland. Maybe i'm taking this poll too seriously or litterally, but it's not an actual war zone.

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2015, 09:18:06 AM »

make whatever choice you'd llike. i'm just sayiing I've known several people who were deployed lived in Baghdad , and any one of them would've chosen Bridgeport, or even East St. Louis,  in a heartbeat.

I get it: Bridgeport is a post-industrial wasteland. Maybe i'm taking this poll too seriously or litterally, but it's not an actual war zone.

My brother was in Baghdad too, he probably wouldn't have chosen Bridgeport.  I like getting you fiesty :-) lol
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2015, 12:28:21 AM »

My brother was in Baghdad too, he probably wouldn't have chosen Bridgeport.  I like getting you fiesty :-) lol

Lol! you win. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies