Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:26:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud)  (Read 72359 times)
Fusionmunster

« on: December 16, 2015, 08:28:37 AM »
« edited: December 16, 2015, 08:55:54 AM by Fusionmunster »

I love how this pollster doesnt even attempt to break down the demographics of their poll. Im going with outlier and possibly junk.  

Edit: In fact I dont think this pollster even knows the demographics. They randomly called people from public record and only asked who they were voting for in the primary. This poll is so infuriating.

Edit 2: Yep, their a junk pollster (imo) who got lucky with Iowa. Atleast untill proven otherwise. They outright admit their methodology is flawed but since their Iowa poll was close they have no reason to change it.
http://overtimepolitics.com/a-word-about-our-poll-methodology/
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:32:16 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2015, 07:49:11 PM by Fusionmunster »

The Nevada caucus is the first one after NH for the Dems. This could be a good sign for Sanders. Polling has been relatively sparse in NV; I'm pretty sure that this is the closest poll yet. We'll see if OvertimePolitics is worth anything. I wish that they had a breakdown by LV vs Non-LV along with the usual race/gender breakdowns.

They won't because they can't. Their polling methodology consists of looking up phone numbers and asking two question: "Do you plan on voting in the primary?" and "Who are you going to vote for?”.
Regardless of my feelings about these results, it doesn't take an expert to see that you need to take this pollster with a huge grain of salt. They realise that their methodology is flawed but since the results of their Iowa polling was similar to that of Selzer, they feel no pressure in fixing it.

http://overtimepolitics.com/a-word-about-our-poll-methodology/

Considering most democrats in Nevada are Hispanic, the relative closeness here is interesting.

It could be if this was a different pollster.

Edit: I'm not saying to completely ignore them, just take Overtime with a grain of salt. A new polling firm with suspect methodology is not something I'd personally bet money on but in the end who knows.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 02:34:38 PM »

Good to see that Sanders keeps on surging across the board.

No wonder the Clinton campaign and its helpers are coming out with the butcher knives now ...

No comments about their methodology?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies