DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:59:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
Author Topic: DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data  (Read 41629 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: December 19, 2015, 05:11:32 PM »

So, four Sanders staffers illegally downloaded at least 20 folders of confidential Clinton data, So of course DWS and Hillary are the bad guys. well okeedokee then.

Only 2 staffers were involved, and I think the one who wasn't immediately fired might have only run 1 search or something.

Of course this was all OK and no punishment or running to the media was needed when the Hillary campaign got access to confidential information in 2008.
"They did it too!" is not a logical argument, especially when the event you are referring to is not even comparable.

The staffer was fired and Bernie said what that staffer did was wrong. But the fact is that this didn't go the media and there was no punishment when Hillary did it, because the DNC didn't hate Hillary.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #451 on: December 19, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »

Look the punishment was an overreaction, but we can't keep trying to justify what the campaign did. They botched their response so horribly, it almost made the overreaction look reasonable.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #452 on: December 19, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »

Look the punishment was an overreaction, but we can't keep trying to justify what the campaign did. They botched their response so horribly, it almost made the overreaction look reasonable.

By the campaign do you mean the 1 staffer who was immediately fired?
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #453 on: December 19, 2015, 05:21:54 PM »

As others have said it was the National Data Director, so saying 1 staffer is misleading. I'm not saying Bernie was personally involved, I don't think he was, but something went wrong, and it doesn't do anybody any good to keep trying to justify that.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »

So, four Sanders staffers illegally downloaded at least 20 folders of confidential Clinton data, So of course DWS and Hillary are the bad guys. well okeedokee then.

Only 2 staffers were involved, and I think the one who wasn't immediately fired might have only run 1 search or something.

Of course this was all OK and no punishment or running to the media was needed when the Hillary campaign got access to confidential information in 2008.

Somehow I don't think Jfern would have the same opinion if the roles were reversed. 

The roles were reversed in 2008. No punishment or running to the media, so I had no opinion about something that I didn't hear about.

Cite an article on that.  I really doubt that Obama wouldn't have complained about Clinton breaking into his data and stealing it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #455 on: December 19, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »

Dear God, the moment you think that this election cycle we won't have any annoying trolls like Winfield or Politico, jfern and the other sanderistas step in to fill the void.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #456 on: December 19, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »

As others have said it was the National Data Director, so saying 1 staffer is misleading. I'm not saying Bernie was personally involved, I don't think he was, but something went wrong, and it doesn't do anybody any good to keep trying to justify that.

He's still only 1 staffer. He doesn't show up a single time on Google news until he was fired, so he was never considered an important enough staffer for any news site searched by Google to ever mention him.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #457 on: December 19, 2015, 05:33:38 PM »

Interesting moment today.

A relative of mine who leans way to the right and is an avid Fox News/DrudgeReport fan went on a tangent this morning against the DNC and Clinton and said "Sanders is being robbed outright". So, maybe the public is siding with Bernie on this one?

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #458 on: December 19, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »

A relative of mine who leans way to the right and is an avid Fox News/DrudgeReport fan went on a tangent this morning against the DNC and Clinton and said "Sanders is being robbed outright". So, maybe the public is siding with Bernie on this one?

If Hillary is losing a reliably Democratic demographic group like Fox News viewers then she might as well fold her tent and go back home.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #459 on: December 19, 2015, 05:38:27 PM »

Hillary Derangement Syndrome.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #460 on: December 19, 2015, 05:39:48 PM »

Dear God, the moment you think that this election cycle we won't have any annoying trolls like Winfield or Politico, jfern and the other sanderistas step in to fill the void.

I thought we already had our "Trump supporters".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #461 on: December 19, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »

Yes, the 60% of Americans who say that Hillary isn't honest or trustworthy all suffer from Hillary Derangement Syndrome.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #462 on: December 19, 2015, 06:00:32 PM »

Yes, the 60% of Americans who say that Hillary isn't honest or trustworthy all suffer from Hillary Derangement Syndrome.

lol
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #463 on: December 19, 2015, 06:22:23 PM »

The Clinton campaign should copyright their voter database so that the next time the slimy Sanders campaign comes knocking and tries to steal their information, they can press charges.

Just because Sanders wants to redistribute our wealth, doesn't mean he has the right to redistribute Clinton's campaign data!
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #464 on: December 19, 2015, 06:51:38 PM »

The Clinton campaign should copyright their voter database so that the next time the slimy Sanders campaign comes knocking and tries to steal their information, they can press charges.

Just because Sanders wants to redistribute our wealth, doesn't mean he has the right to redistribute Clinton's campaign data!

I don't see why they can't already press charges if they want.  Isn't that data proprietary?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #465 on: December 19, 2015, 07:00:04 PM »

I don't see why they can't already press charges if they want.  Isn't that data proprietary?
I think the National Data Director might end up going to end up in jail after the audit is finished and the DNC turns it over to a prosecutor.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »

I have no idea if you're being serious or not.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #467 on: December 19, 2015, 07:26:31 PM »

lol

Don't know why you find it funny as a Clinton supporter. It's true.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #468 on: December 19, 2015, 07:27:47 PM »

lol

RNC called. They want you and jfern to work for them at the GE campaign.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #469 on: December 19, 2015, 07:41:27 PM »

lol

RNC called. They want you and jfern to work for them at the GE campaign.

Being againsy Clinton on one issue doesnt mean im with the GOP...but what do i expect from narrow minded Clinton supporters.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #470 on: December 20, 2015, 03:17:58 AM »

He's still only 1 staffer. He doesn't show up a single time on Google news until he was fired, so he was never considered an important enough staffer for any news site searched by Google to ever mention him.

Two more Sanders staffers face disciplinary action following data breach
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #471 on: December 20, 2015, 03:19:34 AM »

Go away this issue is over. Let this thread die in peace.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #472 on: December 20, 2015, 03:27:09 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2015, 03:51:23 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Go away this issue is over. Let this thread die in peace.

Obviously Bernie will fire anyone at fault. But what the DNC did in terms of cutting off his access to his own data, and running to the media to tell them stuff that the Bernie campaign didn't even know yet was a clear case of favortism to Hillary. Hopefully the lawsuit continues and does some serious damage to DWS.

Besides the DNC, the vendor is also rather cozy with Hillary. This stinks big time.

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #473 on: December 20, 2015, 05:58:08 AM »

what, you think it's likely that the VAN people intentionally set Clinton's data set to be non-private to trick Sanders' staffers into accessing it and attempting to save the lists, in order to set him up for a negative media event?

god I hate the Atlas during presidential years sometimes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #474 on: December 20, 2015, 06:10:16 AM »

what, you think it's likely that the VAN people intentionally set Clinton's data set to be non-private to trick Sanders' staffers into accessing it and attempting to save the lists, in order to set him up for a negative media event?

god I hate the Atlas during presidential years sometimes.

It's really the DNC that is to blame, but it doesn't help that VAN is also Hillary hacks.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies