CNN/ORC: Clinton narrowly leads trump, trails Cruz and Rubio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:29:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CNN/ORC: Clinton narrowly leads trump, trails Cruz and Rubio
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN/ORC: Clinton narrowly leads trump, trails Cruz and Rubio  (Read 3005 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »

Rubio:49
Clinton:46

Cruz:48
Clinton46

Clinton:49
Trump:47

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/12/23/cnnpoll2.pdf
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 04:44:56 PM »

What is surprising about this poll is the small gender gap, especially for Clinton vs Trump.  It seems the difference between Clinton vs Trump and Clinton vs Rubio is not the women vote (less women support for Trump) but the men vote (less men support for Clinton.)  Quite interesting if true and runs against CW.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 05:16:08 PM »

Wow, those are quite good numbers for the GOP. But then again, whether they can hold them remains to be seen. I have my doubts.

This race, after the Paris attacks is winnable by Clinton, but it will be a tough race against any of the three candidates. Its a tossup.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:00:33 PM »

Fox has Trump at 38%, CNN at 47%. WTF?
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »

This seems to suggest that Cruz can definitely be competitive against Clinton and that he wouldn't lose McCain style like some people think. Rubio seems to be the most electable candidate as a lot of people like him and moderates don't think he's too radical for them. Cruz probably draws a good contrast from Clinton who voters can't stand. I'm surprised Trump is doing this well and I doubt Trump would have the smallest gender gap, considering his lack of appeal to women. This poll might be generous for Trump.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »

The 2016 election is also a referendum on how broken things in DC, I dont think both Obama and GOP congress are approved highly by voters. But, Wall Street is still broken and GOP still block min wage increase.

Cruz shutdown the govt, Clinton will tie him to that obstruction. But, Trump has been scrutinized.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 09:15:19 PM »

The 2016 election is also a referendum on how broken things in DC, I dont think both Obama and GOP congress are approved highly by voters. But, Wall Street is still broken and GOP still block min wage increase.

Cruz shutdown the govt, Clinton will tie him to that obstruction. But, Trump has been scrutinized.

Yes. Trump has been scrutinized and nothing was found that could hurt him. That's why he is the strongest GOP candidate. Cruz would be destroyed by Clinton for his obstructionist Government shutdown.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 10:29:38 PM »

This seems to suggest that Cruz can definitely be competitive against Clinton and that he wouldn't lose McCain style like some people think. Rubio seems to be the most electable candidate as a lot of people like him and moderates don't think he's too radical for them. Cruz probably draws a good contrast from Clinton who voters can't stand. I'm surprised Trump is doing this well and I doubt Trump would have the smallest gender gap, considering his lack of appeal to women. This poll might be generous for Trump.

This is a poll 11 months out from the election... It doesn't suggest anything.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 12:11:52 AM »

This is a poll 11 months out from the election... It doesn't suggest anything.

Unless it has Clinton ahead hmm?
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 12:14:25 AM »

Unless a major war/terror attack/scandal/economic collapse happens the race will be close
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 05:02:28 AM »

No, but luckily for you, people will continue to remind you that general election polls are meaningless until after the conventions.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 06:37:57 AM »

Unless a major war/terror attack/scandal/economic collapse happens the race will be close

Yes, a 2012 scenario is unlikely and Nate Silver hasnt changed his projection 272-266 winning coalition of Latino vote.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 09:57:50 AM »

Cruz hasn't been scrutinized. His far right record and government shutdowns are the last thing the GOP needs in the general. Once people learn about his positions on social issues and sales tax plan he will be cooked.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »

I'm not saying I don't believe this poll, but where are the undecided voters?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 04:40:56 PM »

Clinton can win against Cruz as well, but he hasnt been yet scrutinized by media. I see Kasich or Rubio narrowly ahead, but Christie or Jeb, Cruz and Trump losing abit narrowly to Clinton.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »

Yes, a 2012 scenario is unlikely and Nate Silver hasnt changed his projection 272-266 winning coalition of Latino vote.

Nate Silver is God, of course.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 05:23:40 PM »

No, but Trump is the weakest candidate for the GE & he has managed to beat out Jeb, Kasich or Rubio. And 2nd & 3rd generation Latinos are in CO, NV & NM whereas older Latinos are found in GOP leaning states like TX.

And in a neutral year, like most 3rd terms are, Dems have a narrow advantage.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies