Kerry narrows VP to two
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:14:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry narrows VP to two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Kerry narrows VP to two  (Read 28669 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2004, 07:09:16 PM »

nah, just faulty memory.  I do recall something on CNN about Christie and Gov. Vilsack having different favorites, though.  But yes, now I remember it was Harkin who ended up looking a bit foolish.

Also, I had a friend who had a Carolina Terrapin turtle named Lazarus.  Kerry reminds me very much of that turtle.  
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2004, 07:26:03 PM »

Also, I had a friend who had a Carolina Terrapin turtle named Lazarus.  Kerry reminds me very much of that turtle.  

Kerry… a turtle… hum???... now you mention it in terms of how he looks (in the face that is) and his manner yeah the guy is kinda like a turtle… that said Bush isn’t much better in his speaking…

Well at least I can be absolved from responsibility for nominating a boring senator with a senate voting record that’s way too long and convoluted to be explainable… hell I never voted for the guy!

But that all said what Kerry (and Edwards for that matter) pulled off in IA was pretty incredible and we seem all to have ignored that…my how soon we all forget… ah well “24 hours is a long time in politics”… Wink      
NHPolitico

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2004, 12:13:16 PM »

Hm...we already have a Wisconsin troll... Tongue Wink

watchoo talkin bout willis? Roll Eyes

So, how many chicks do we have now? Anyone know?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2004, 12:15:44 PM »

ever see Mulan?  or M. Butterfly?

I suspect that trick is much easier to pull off when you can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

Many, I'd guess.   Wink
NHPolitico

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2004, 12:20:27 PM »

ever see Mulan?  or M. Butterfly?

I suspect that trick is much easier to pull off when you can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

Many, I'd guess.   Wink

Would that include yourself?

Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2004, 12:26:08 PM »

watch your mouth!  I'm a man.  I put my picture up there too, just like you did on MarkDel's 'off-topic' question about what we look like.  (though I wasn't brave enough to put my ole' lady like you did, you stud.)

And yes, I am just suspicious enough about these things that the post was serious.  but who cares?  
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2004, 12:28:47 PM »

there is at least one WOMAN here don't know about "chicks".
NHPolitico

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2004, 12:36:55 PM »

What's so scary about the word "chick"? I prefer guy to man.
NHPolitico

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2004, 12:37:27 PM »

watch your mouth!  I'm a man.  I put my picture up there too, just like you did on MarkDel's 'off-topic' question about what we look like.  (though I wasn't brave enough to put my ole' lady like you did, you stud.)

And yes, I am just suspicious enough about these things that the post was serious.  but who cares?  

I was just yanking ya.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2004, 12:39:09 PM »

i have no problem with the term just being silly Cool
NHPolitico

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2004, 12:41:26 PM »

i have no problem with the term just being silly Cool

Good. I don't like uptight people.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2004, 12:44:14 PM »

did KarlostheJackyl disappear?  he didn't come back after the discussion took a turn for the weird.  maybe the mean democrats scared him off.
California Dreamer

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2004, 04:52:20 PM »

no we exposed him as a liar.

I dont see the reason for people to post threads about opinions on the race as 'insdier info' to make it seem more important. His opinions on this forum are very welcome...but if he expects people to believe his stories about his 'insider information' he better do some better fact checking.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

okay, guess I was the only one who liked him.  I think it was his name that I really liked.  Not much else.  But what a great name.

I also was the only one who liked totallyfabgayboi.  Remember him?  I thought he was a mischevious little queer just having fun at Liep's expense.  Turns out he was this nutty homophobic troll.  Man, I need to become better at picking out the jokers.

Now, CTguy I never liked.  
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2004, 11:38:38 AM »

Bush losing the Dakotas, stash this one with Bush losing Oklahoma thread.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2004, 06:31:46 PM »

The last three months, ive been in illinois, wisconsin, north dekota and now south dekota as im doing research for my book. i wanted to talk to someone from moveon.org who have been supporting kerry. i spoke to them about neo-consevatism, the person was Eli Pariser, who meet Kerry in hartford,connectcut in january and recently in Milwaukee. She told me about dean beiNg made energy secretary, and that edwards will not be vp because he cant win any states realistically in the south. The rep attack machine have files ready to attack edwards, clinton, lieberman. dean will be attacked, so that might get the nadar vote.
Have you heard of the hungarian businessman, George Saros, well a firm bush basher. i met with Stewart J.Paperin, runs LionRocks Partners Ltd who runs a saros chain of companies in ny, a good friend of hilary. that she will not be vp, but defend ny for kerry against bushs ambitious attack. My family relative, is a democrat strategist that worked with Clinton in 92 and was approached to help kerry and when she accepted she has moved to des moines - whereshe now works with Vilsack (very high up) . She told me last night that its either Tom or Bayh depending on how Missouri/wisconsin/ohio/penn go on. you can lol, but tell me why my sources are wrong. they are firm dem supporters, quite high up, have been in politics for a while.

I pray that it's Vilsack and not Bayh.  I just wish it wasn't either.  Bayh is an evil man.  An evil, evil man.  But I truly wish it was neither...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2006, 05:24:16 PM »

I can reveal that the vice presidency will not be john edwards. the kerry team, are cleverly determined to keep the fact that it will be Tom Vilsack (governor of Iowa) or Evan Bayh (Indiana Senator and VP. The Kerry team has identified the mid-west as the correct battleground to beat george bush. The choice will be made in weeks privately depending on how kerry fairs in missouri, iowa, wisconsin, ohio and pennslyvannia. Here, i swear my research is right,

Governor of New Mexico and ex-ambassador,  Gov Richardson, who has dealt with the North Koreans, will be Kerrys secretary of state. Richardson meets with the n.koreans in may over disarming its WMD. sure up new mexico? has alot of respect from republican commentaters, so a major asset to counter radio/

Secretary of Defense will be Wesley Clark, who has huge military expeirence and most importantly respect from NATO countries. It was rumoured i england, that Clark had received support from Blair, as the best democrat candidate. is tough in defense, sures up veterans vote.

Howard Dean, will be the energy secretary, in a ploy to get the nadar vote. kerry is determined to  exploit the environment  concerns which gore didnt take advantage of.

Hillary Clinton is going to neutralise the private ambitions of the republican party to take New York.  the republican party believe the battle is ohio, penn, wv and new york.

John Edwards is a ploy by the democrat party to show the democrats are concerned with the south vote, when in fact they are targeting the north/midwest. However, john edwards, will be used in the midwest and be given a big role in the kerry administration.

With the dekotas, nebraska and kansas having huge drop in bush over  4 months, the democratic party are trying to find a way to bolster the economy. Secretly, senators and congressman have been campaigining since kerry won Wisconsin. The loss of 10,000 farms on average in each of the 4 states has caused great disharmony in the states. Chuck Hagel from Nebraska has been approached by the kerry campaign as he has voiced huge frustration over bush/cheney policy on farming.

The two candidates are intended to centralise kerry, and as 90% of the vote has been determined. the democrats believe they need someoe tough, central minded to take on Cheney. hence the last two men left to stand are the govrnor of iowa and the senator of indiana.

My sources and research is creditable, if you have any questions or disagreements, i will be happy to dispute any claims.

Currently on tour, in Pierre, South Dekota, writing my book  "How America accepted Neo-Conservatism"

I found another nomo
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2006, 05:48:41 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2006, 05:54:25 PM by Alcon »

Never put trust in people who can't spell the name of the state they're in, but claim to be writing a book.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2006, 05:52:33 PM »

Yep, I hear it too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies