SE1- Firearms Safety for our Children Act of 2015 (passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:22:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SE1- Firearms Safety for our Children Act of 2015 (passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SE1- Firearms Safety for our Children Act of 2015 (passed)  (Read 433 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
« edited: January 07, 2016, 10:52:01 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

1. All students in grades 5-12 in all schools that receive government funding are required to have firearms safety and training classes.

2. Students in grades 5-7 will learn safety rules and regulations about handguns and rifles and bows and arrows.

3. Students in grades 8-12 in addition to learning more safety rules and the history of firearms will learn the basic skills of self defense with firearms and how to protect yourself from assailants.

4. The classes shall be taught be firearms professionals.

5. All bullets and arrows shall be blanks or of the like. No bullets that can injure or kill a student may be used. If caught using actual bullets or arrows the defendant shall have a minimum of 25 years in prison and a fine of 1,000,000.

6. The manufacturer of the firearm, school district or any governments are not held legally responsible for injures or damage to personal or private property.

7. All firearms shall be required to be made in Atlasia. The bows shall be made by Genesis Bows in Wisconsin. The guns shall be made by the choice of a majority of school board members.

8.  The archery curriculum is to be made by the National Archery in the Schools program. The firearms curriculum shall be made by the Southern Branch of the ATF and firearms organizations.

9. The government of the Southern region shall give $3,000 to each school district to help implementation of the law.

Sponsor: Governor Leinad

I think it's a solid bill. I'll vote aye when it comes to it.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:47:21 PM »

What about the children of pacifists, Quakers, and others whose religious or personal beliefs prevent them from using weaponry?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »

What about the children of pacifists, Quakers, and others whose religious or personal beliefs prevent them from using weaponry?
My question exactly. I would hope this is optional, as religious/moral objectors should have a right to not allow their children upon this practice.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:59:16 AM »

And what will be the benefits, when we teach our kids to use guns and crossbows? Increase of murders commits by infants?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 02:25:50 AM »

Ah, good catch, Truman! I'd obviously hate to make a bill that infringes on anyone's beliefs, especially those part of me (not all, but certainly a part) agrees with.

I propose an amendment:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I suppose that since I technically introduced the bill (it was Classic's idea and original text, but he couldn't introduce it) the amendment automatically passes. Unless I've vastly misunderstood the amendment process.

(Also, the bill's title should be the Firearms Safety for our Children Act of 2016, not 2015. Happy New Year!)

And what will be the benefits, when we teach our kids to use guns and crossbows? Increase of murders commits by infants?

Uh...

Quote from: Restricted

People can learn how to kill someone with guns and crossbows already, I doubt this will add to the amount of people attempting murder. This will help keep people from getting hurt or killed in accidents, and help them defend themselves from bad people trying to kill them or other innocent people.

Also, how many "infants" do you know in 5th-12th grade? Tongue
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 04:17:25 AM »

Ok i used wrong word, minors is what i thinked about. I appreciate your explanation Mr. Governor but this is still not enough for me to vote for bringing weapons to the school.
Another thing which bothers me,  we give $3000 to the school districts for implementation of this program and only $150 for adopters. This is so wrong for me.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 08:25:07 AM »

Ok i used wrong word, minors is what i thinked about. I appreciate your explanation Mr. Governor but this is still not enough for me to vote for bringing weapons to the school.
Another thing which bothers me,  we give $3000 to the school districts for implementation of this program and only $150 for adopters. This is so wrong for me.
Firearms cost a lot more than money than giving a small amount of money to adopters.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 08:57:55 AM »

Weapons to the school in a sense--it's not like we'd be giving the children weapons to use without strict adult supervision (and, as the bill says, no real ammunition). It's not like every 6th grader will have a pistol in their backpack. (Hopefully none will, and this bill won't do anything to let them.)

School districts and single families are different things. It costs more money to run a school of hundreds of children than a family of no more than 1-4 (unless they're Mormon/Catholic/homeschooled, in which case it could be larger, but still not the same thing as a school with paying teachers and staff and such). And I imagine this would cost the money--only qualified people should be teaching this, right?

Also, I'd be okay with more than $150 for adopting. I think JoMCaR's bill in the Northeast (from a long time ago--I borrowed from it back when I was a Legislator) was $500, for reference.

But, again, it's different. If we were giving $3000 to families for firearm safety, or $150 to school districts for adoption, I'd see your point.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 04:43:59 PM »

I fully support this act. We need is a policy of teaching children gun safety.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »

I fully support this act too, it's good for the South.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 10:58:18 PM »

Unless anyone has any questions or ideas to improve the bill, I think Haslam should put it to a vote. We have some important stuff in the pipeline, so unless further debate is needed we should get to it.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 11:28:12 AM »

Ya, let's take a vote. I VOTE AYE!!!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 05:06:58 PM »

Aye.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »

Smiley
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 05:13:35 AM »

Nay!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 05:11:17 PM »

The vote passes 2-1. Great day for the South!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 05:45:19 PM »

It is indeed, Thank You Pingvin and Haslam for voting in the affirmative, also Leinad sign this ASAP so we can start teaching our children gun safety.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 05:51:48 PM »

It is indeed, Thank You Pingvin and Haslam for voting in the affirmative, also Leinad sign this ASAP so we can start teaching our children gun safety.

No problem, and thank you for conceiving this bill Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 08:22:09 PM »

X Leinad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: