So... It's time to pose the inevitable question, I guess...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:25:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  So... It's time to pose the inevitable question, I guess...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So... It's time to pose the inevitable question, I guess...  (Read 2594 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »

Does anyone still give the smallest f-ck what's going on here? If, as I suppose, the answer to this is negative, I wonder if it weren't best to just bury this and give it a honourable death lest we become too much like the other place, which we clearly never wanted to be.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »

I really hope not, but we have been somewhat "low energy" as of late, haven't we? I'd hate to see us become Atlasia 2.0. That was always the nightmare.

Maybe a break for a couple of months? The worst thing we could do is to limp on inevitably if the interest really has dissipated.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 02:32:03 PM »

This outcome was sort of built into the game that was created (South America!?!). You can always re-organise it and keep the same people involved. I'm still in favour of a universal game, so that everyone's input is based on the structure and mechanics of government, until such times as people are comfortable playing outside of government.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »

This outcome was sort of built into the game that was created (South America!?!). You can always re-organise it and keep the same people involved. I'm still in favour of a universal game, so that everyone's input is based on the structure and mechanics of government, until such times as people are comfortable playing outside of government.

Well this is obviously wrong since while this thing hit's a speed bump or two the past attempts to revive Mock Parliament along the lines suggested here were all spectacular failures.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 10:14:59 PM »

I honestly don't feel like Atlas can support a single large forum game like this at the moment; I just feel like there's pretty much no interest.

Cue Al blaming me for no reason.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »

I still like the idea very much, but I'm also very much of a newbie in this game and honestly I feel I don't understand our "parliamentary culture" and the exact rules well enough to be more assertive in participating. However, I would definitely like to go on with this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 01:52:14 AM »

I still like the idea very much, but I'm also very much of a newbie in this game and honestly I feel I don't understand our "parliamentary culture" and the exact rules well enough to be more assertive in participating. However, I would definitely like to go on with this.

Rules? There are hardly any.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 03:21:26 AM »

I honestly don't feel like Atlas can support a single large forum game like this at the moment; I just feel like there's pretty much no interest.

Yeah, that's basically my point - there simply is a too large lack of interest to get this going the way it should be, and not have it turn into Atlasia 2.0. I'm sorry for people who are still interested in this game, and there was for sure a lot of potential to get out of this, but as of now, there simply are not enough people around to make this worthwhile...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 08:30:05 AM »

Well this is obviously wrong since while this thing hit's a speed bump or two the past attempts to revive Mock Parliament along the lines suggested here were all spectacular failures.

A universal game was never really the basis for earlier attempts at reviving this. There's a lot of players who joined this attempt at the beginning and drifted away because they had no role to play.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 10:07:54 AM »

Yeah, that's basically my point - there simply is a too large lack of interest to get this going the way it should be, and not have it turn into Atlasia 2.0. I'm sorry for people who are still interested in this game, and there was for sure a lot of potential to get out of this, but as of now, there simply are not enough people around to make this worthwhile...

Unfortunately, I have to concur with Cranberry here. We only have ten players (if that) posting regularly and the last parliament was basically a total shell. This game did have its flaws, but it was working out quite well at the beginning, so I don't think this was necessarily a structural inevitability, but the forum is definitely at a low ebb in terms of activity. It's simply not feasible to just force this thing to move along when it clearly doesn't have to fuel to do so right now.

I hope that if we get a resurgence of activity at-large on the forum and some more interest in this, we can resurrect it at some point in the future (since we have left a framework in place), but for now it might be best to suspend it (unofficially or officially).
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 01:25:07 PM »

Put me on the record as agreeing with afleitch that locating the game in South America was a bad idea. No one wants to play a game that requires doing crippling amounts of research.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies