National- IBD/TIPP polls for DEM and GOP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:33:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  National- IBD/TIPP polls for DEM and GOP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: National- IBD/TIPP polls for DEM and GOP  (Read 3376 times)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 09:54:17 PM »

Looking at the 2007 polls, while Obama had done better in some polls in the first half of 2007, the best poll for him for the 7 months before Iowa was a Hillary +5 poll. On the day of the Iowa caucus, the RCP average was Hillary +20.2. This isn't just deja vu, Bernie is doing better than Obama was.

So funny how people keep saying he isn't like Obama in 2008....no he's better.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 09:58:10 PM »

Looking at the 2007 polls, while Obama had done better in some polls in the first half of 2007, the best poll for him for the 7 months before Iowa was a Hillary +5 poll. On the day of the Iowa caucus, the RCP average was Hillary +20.2. This isn't just deja vu, Bernie is doing better than Obama was.

Ummmm.... this is a lie. The RCP average the day of the caucuses was Obama +1.6, and it was a 3 way race.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 09:59:58 PM »

Ummmm.... this is a lie. The RCP average the day of the caucuses was Obama +1.6, and it was a 3 way race.

He was talking about the national average.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 10:02:28 PM »

He was talking about the national average.
Ah, that makes more sense. My apologies.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2016, 10:08:16 PM »

I've been saying it for a while: any viable pathway for a Sanders victory will be very tight, and such a win will have Latino support roughly mirroring the overall result. In fact, I believe Latino support in the primary will mirror the overall result regardless of who wins; a bellwether, if you will. Of course, Latinos won't be an actual deciding factor in the primary result except in the closest of hard-fought contests, and even then, their votes likely tracking fairly closely with the national totals will merely indicate the verdict of the race as decided by Whites and Blacks.

Latinos in most states will not be much of a factor in the primaries, but I also tend to believe that latinos aren't going to be anywhere near as big of a shoe-in for Clinton as blacks, or even as big as some Atlas posters might think. She'll probably win them but I don't expect her share of their votes will be larger than her share of the national primary vote (nor much smaller) unless it is really close nationally in the PV.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »

I've been saying it for a while: any viable pathway for a Sanders victory will be very tight, and such a win will have Latino support roughly mirroring the overall result. In fact, I believe Latino support in the primary will mirror the overall result regardless of who wins; a bellwether, if you will. Of course, Latinos won't be an actual deciding factor in the primary result except in the closest of hard-fought contests, and even then, their votes likely tracking fairly closely with the national totals will merely indicate the verdict of the race as decided by Whites and Blacks.

Latinos in most states will not be much of a factor in the primaries, but I also tend to believe that latinos aren't going to be anywhere near as big of a shoe-in for Clinton as blacks, or even as big as some Atlas posters might think. She'll probably win them but I don't expect her share of their votes will be larger than her share of the national primary vote (nor much smaller) unless it is really close nationally in the PV.

It's kind of ironic since in 2008, while Obama obviously won blacks, they kept talking about how he couldn't win Hispanics, who were solidly for Hillary. A lot of Hispanics are Catholic, and it may help that Bernie's wife is Catholic and he mentions the Pope a lot. He had a pretty solid appeal to Hispanics when Raul Grijalva endorsed him. In a 2008 redux, Bernie could be trailing with the delegates until Hispanic rich California puts him over the top in June.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 11:12:08 PM »

No one gives a sh**t about Bernie's wife.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »

LOL obviously you don't.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 11:21:00 PM »

And then the Shillaries play the sexism card against people saying things just as petty as that. These people are really desperate.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2016, 02:10:40 AM »

I'm serious. Diane Sanders is so much of a non-factor in this race, you probably didn't even realize her name is Jane, not Diane.
Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 02:22:23 AM »

I might have to reconsider my opinion on Sanders chances if this kind of polling is replicated by other pollsters.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies