Kerry's Yale Grades Similar to Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:16:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry's Yale Grades Similar to Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry's Yale Grades Similar to Bush  (Read 9515 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2005, 09:12:11 AM »

"Sen. John F. Kerry's grade average at Yale University was virtually identical to President Bush's record there, despite repeated portrayals of Kerry as the more intellectual candidate during the 2004 presidential campaign."

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050607074009990028&ncid=NWS00010000000001#numbers
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 10:43:06 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2005, 10:46:16 AM by jfern »

I don't doubt it. Kerry just decided to release his military and medical records now that the election has been over 7 months. We had two idiots running for President.

However Bush's idiocy seems to be more about ing over America directly, while Kerry's idiocy seems to be more about ing over America by ing over his own campaign.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2005/06/07/kerry_allows_navy_release_of_military_medical_records/
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 11:03:30 AM »

Which '08 wannabe do you all think has the highest GPA?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 11:07:13 AM »

I assume we mean undergrad. Kerry and Bush both went on to grad school. Usually GPAs aren't public information.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:57:36 AM »

I can bet it won't be someone who went to Yale.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 01:40:27 PM »

I'm just wondering why he didn't release his Navy records, which would have damaged the Swift Boat peoples allegations, because his grades at Yale were similar to Bush's.

It's the only explanation that really makes any sense, and the only rationale I can give for him doing this. 

I mean, this move was not really that smart of one in the scheme of things. (not to make a joke of it)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 02:26:09 PM »

Russ Feingold and Wesley Clark were both Rhodes scholars, so they're likely the two smartest.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 08:44:05 PM »

Why Kerry did not sign his "Standard 180" form and release his military records a couple years ago is just a plain mystery to me.

There appears to be little of consequence in the release Kerry just authorized, other than the talking point the Bush and Kerry got essentially the same grades.

Given that a major element of the Swift Boat folk's credibility was Kerry's refusal to release his military records, one has to wonder why he declined to release them.

Can anybody explain this?

I am unable to formulate an even remotely plausable reason why this made political sense.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 08:50:04 PM »

Why Kerry did not sign his "Standard 180" form and release his military records a couple years ago is just a plain mystery to me.

There appears to be little of consequence in the release Kerry just authorized, other than the talking point the Bush and Kerry got essentially the same grades.

Given that a major element of the Swift Boat folk's credibility was Kerry's refusal to release his military records, one has to wonder why he declined to release them.

I am unable to formulate an even remotely plausable reason why this made political sense.

Lack of common sense. Either
1. He didn't want to respond to some scumbag liars
2. He didn't want people to know his Yale grades weren't so hot

Too bad the media all thought that the Swift Boat liars were telling the truth, and ignored the fact that Bush never released several important documents relating to his AWOL. That organization still exists and is still slandering Democrats. They should be sued into oblivion.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 09:17:44 PM »

Lack of common sense. Either
1. He didn't want to respond to some scumbag liars
2. He didn't want people to know his Yale grades weren't so hot

Too bad the media all thought that the Swift Boat liars were telling the truth, and ignored the fact that Bush never released several important documents relating to his AWOL. That organization still exists and is still slandering Democrats. They should be sued into oblivion.

Politically, I think releasing his grades might actually have helped him.  Kerry got branded as being some sort of highbrow elitist type.

I think knowing he graduated with "gentlemen's C's" might have humanized him and made him more likeable to "Joe 6 pack"
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 10:29:55 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2005, 02:49:26 PM by J. J. »

I have seen nothing in Kerry's military record (the ones that were released), that I would  class as dishonorable or improper. 

I do not vote for people based on undergraduate grades.  I do not know anyone who does.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 11:18:01 PM »

I'm not suprised, that's just another reason to have gone with magna cum laude graduate from Chapel Hill (where a 20 isn't curved to a C, so a bunch of rich pricks can graduate with honors as 90% of most of those classes do) John Edwards.  Of course, he was just a dumb southerner!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 01:35:50 AM »

Marks of course do not necessarily mean intelligence of course.  We may make jokes about the contrary, but neither of these men are stupid, or "average" as their grades would tell us. It takes a certain kind of person to do well in school, and they are not always the most intelligent people.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 11:47:05 AM »

I assume we mean undergrad. Kerry and Bush both went on to grad school. Usually GPAs aren't public information.

Which is why I said "do you all think" since we cannot know.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 12:26:31 PM »

What does it men anyway, a President's inteligence? I mean some of our well known Presidents (Washington and FDR) were not that inteligence. Washington even told everyone he wasn't that smart.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 06:50:27 PM »

What does it men anyway, a President's inteligence? I mean some of our well known Presidents (Washington and FDR) were not that inteligence. Washington even told everyone he wasn't that smart.

Yeah, intelligence is a) harder to measure, b) more flexible, and c) overrated in general. Among those who have what it takes to win a major party nomination for U.S. president, the I'm still convinced the total differential is not that great, despite the way it seems.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 07:06:03 PM »

I don't really care what either of their grades in college were.

Incidentally, Al Gore had some pretty sh***y grades in college also, from what I heard.

I don't think there should be a double standard when judging these things.
Cashcow

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2005, 09:13:57 PM »

I don't really care what either of their grades in college were.

Incidentally, Al Gore had some pretty sh***y grades in college also, from what I heard.

Al Gore and my father were good friends in college.

Harvard is tough.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 10:37:20 AM »

GPA doesn't mean crap.

I can think of one NMSF in my class who graduated with a class rank in the 200's and no honors, and a girl with the IQ of a wall with a class rank in the teens, which was an embarrasment to the school to have her ranked so highly.  Yet the lazy NMSF is 10x smarter than the take-easy-classes cheerleader.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 08:10:14 PM »

What the hell is a NMSF?
Cashcow

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 11:54:24 PM »

Acronym(s)      Definition(s)      
NMSF         Nuclear Material Storage Facility

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=NMSF&Find=Find
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 06:03:17 PM »

National Merit Semi-Finalist....
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 02:53:34 PM »

The only thing that I could come up with was a medical condition that he didn't want public.  Maybe something genetic or that he had counciling or something like that.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 03:33:22 PM »

some of our well known Presidents (Washington and FDR) were not that inteligence. Washington even told everyone he wasn't that smart.

well, that explains a lot. Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies