Moderator Job Approval Ratings: Jan 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:30:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Moderator Job Approval Ratings: Jan 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Check off all that you believe SHOULD retain their current role as a forum moderator
Mr. Morden

AndrewTX

LikelyVoter

True Federalist

Muon2

Dallasfan

Brittain33

Hashemite

Gustaf

Torie

Badger

Afleitch

Ag

Alcon

Beet

Tender Branson

Cathcon

TJ

Mikado

Lumine

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Moderator Job Approval Ratings: Jan 2016  (Read 1371 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:51:39 AM »

Hide behind the classic forum poll. I hope none take serious offense to this, and since it has no binding impact, instead use whatever result they receive to better moderate the forum unless you truly desire to be an unpopular dictator for whatever reason. But this ought to be taken in some shape or form.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:48:17 AM »

Am I allowed to vote?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 12:02:58 PM »

Of course! But I don't think you need the support.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »

Ernest and Torie need to go for being awful moderators.

Tender is an iffy case because he seems good at his job but says way too many controversial things.

Beet needs to go for having completely disappeared.

I know this was spurred by Likely Voter's actions, but he's a good moderator. He just needs to cool down the bias against the presumptive Republican nominee for president, Donald J. Trump.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 12:32:11 PM »

Only Torie, the rest suck.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »

I honestly don't get why people give him crap. He's one of my favorite posters here, along with muon2 and some other non-mods.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 01:04:30 PM »

This. Alcon, Muon, and Lumine are good too.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »

To be open, I voted for Torie too because he's been a decent mod for a long time dating forward even through the opebo outrage - regardless of your stance, remaining incredibly rational. My only problem is that his analysis has gone off the deep end this season, but that's no reason to demod.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 01:21:34 PM »

Torie seems aight
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »

Tender should be demodded and banned from the forum for his increasingly creepy and violent misogyny.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 03:19:23 PM »

Voted for AndrewTX, Muon, Dallasfan, Hashemite, ag, Alcon, Cathcon, TJ, Lumine and The Mikado
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 10:41:43 AM »

Tender should be demodded and banned from the forum for his increasingly creepy and violent misogyny.

What the f**k are you talking about ?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 05:35:00 PM »

Hmm... Ernest, Torie and Tender all among the worst ratings; under 50% approval?  How very shocking.  Or not, if any of you had spent any time in the Mod Cave to witness the first two's insufferable lawyering.  And Tender's trolling just seems to be getting worse (see above).
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 05:40:19 PM »

My approval seems to have fallen even though I hardly moderate anything Cheesy
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2016, 07:26:24 PM by Torie »

Hmm... Ernest, Torie and Tender all among the worst ratings; under 50% approval?  How very shocking.  Or not, if any of you had spent any time in the Mod Cave to witness the first two's insufferable lawyering.  And Tender's trolling just seems to be getting worse (see above).

If you were still a Mod, what do you guess your approval rating might be? Anyway, I agree that you found it all "insufferable." But it is unfair to take Ernest down with me on that one. I really deserve most of the credit (that's my bias, see below). Thanks.

Oh, one other thing. Can you remind me that last time you said something positive about another poster? Just curious.

The common law is the gleaming jewel of the Anglosphere.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 09:04:48 PM »

This poll says more about how controversial moderators' posts are than about their skills as moderators.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 11:46:51 PM »

Hmm... Ernest, Torie and Tender all among the worst ratings; under 50% approval?  How very shocking.  Or not, if any of you had spent any time in the Mod Cave to witness the first two's insufferable lawyering.  And Tender's trolling just seems to be getting worse (see above).

If you were still a Mod, what do you guess your approval rating might be?

Low enough that my voluntary resignation would still make sense, I'm sure.  I have the self-awareness to know when it was time to step down, because the community no longer had confidence in my authority, you see.  Just like, what, 57% of voters in this poll seem to think about you?

Oh, one other thing. Can you remind me that last time you said something positive about another poster? Just curious.

On some other, better fora, there is a mechanism by which you can effectively say something positive about somebody by simply clicking 'like' on one of their posts.  I use it frequently.  It's much easier than typing "nice guy FF" all the time or whatever it is you're suggesting I do.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 11:48:02 PM »

Low enough that my voluntary resignation would still make sense, I'm sure.  I have the self-awareness to know when it was time to step down, because the community no longer had confidence in my authority, you see.  Just like, what, 57% of voters in this poll seem to think about you?

On some other, better fora, there is a mechanism by which you can effectively say something positive about somebody by simply clicking 'like' on one of their posts.  I use it frequently.  It's much easier than typing "nice guy FF" all the time or whatever it is you're suggesting I do.

nice guy FF
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 11:48:19 PM »

nice guy FF

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 04:02:04 PM »

nice guy FF

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 04:19:04 PM »

Tender needs to not only be demodded, but banned, of course.

Likely Voter is a nice guy but he's in totally over his head, and his incompetent modding decisions have only made the 2016 board worse.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 06:01:43 PM »

I checked them all, but I have to give special credit to Lumine.

He's been expertly moderating a board that was dead when I joined; starting to generate new interest in it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 09:05:37 AM »

I'm glad you edited that bolded part out later.  You would have looked silly had some smart ass posted this thread in response:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=207877.0

Looks like Evil Joe took second place, no?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 11:54:50 AM »

Everyone besides Tender Branson, and Likely Voter. Ernest and Torie also seem to cause a lot of unnecessary conflict, so they should go too.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies