Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 02:31:38 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  2016 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter, TJ in Wisco)
| | |-+  Is Marco Rubio's political career over?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Is Marco Rubio's political career over?
Yes   -59 (57.3%)
No   -44 (42.7%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 103

Author Topic: Is Marco Rubio's political career over?  (Read 3609 times)
DS0816
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 10:57:36 pm »
Ignore

lolno. He's still going to be the next president.

President of … what?!
Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 11:05:01 pm »
Ignore

His strategy was 3-2-1.

He ended up 5th here.

I don't see a path forward.

whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 11:06:28 pm »
Ignore

No, but it took a stunning blow in the past week. He could still win but is now an underdog for sure. I just hope he beats out Bush. I'll be pretty disappointed if out of this historically deep and talented field, the best we can come up with is another Bush.

I'm switching to Cruz if Rubio shows further signs of non-viability.

Say NO to mediocrity!
#FireGarPax
Orser67
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 11:41:48 pm »
Ignore

He basically tied for third, and his primary rivals remain deeply flawed. Not a good week for him, but his campaign isn't over, and his career certainly isn't over.
ElectionsGuy
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -7.30

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 11:44:38 pm »
Ignore

No. He's 44, relax.
Nichlemn
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 12:23:18 am »
Ignore

Jumping the gun a bit? (I've noticed a bit of a tendency for this forum to do that). The betting markets still him have at ~20% to win the nomination. That's a big hit from post-Iowa when he was over 50%, but still respectable.

What's going for him is there's no other obviously superior candidate in the establishment wing. Kasich did well in NH, but will likely struggle in closed primaries and conservative states. Bush beat Rubio, but not by very much, and he did do much worse than Rubio in Iowa and still has all his baggage.

What is the case is that the "establishment coalesces around Rubio" scenario that seemed eminently possible a few days ago has failed to come to pass. Kasich and Bush are going to stick around, when in a different world they could have both dropped out and endorsed Rubio. So Rubio's back to approximately the pre-Iowa status quo. He has the potential to become the establishment standard bearer, but will need to find a new opportunity for his big break.

trickmind
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 12:30:20 am »
Ignore

For the nomination? Yes. If Rubio can't beat Jeb ing Bush, what is the purpose of his candidacy? He's done.

Entire career? Nah. He's young, and the thing that knocked him out this time was people knew after that debate he was not ready to be President. He can rebound.
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.70

P

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 12:32:34 am »
Ignore

Jumping the gun a bit? (I've noticed a bit of a tendency for this forum to do that). The betting markets still him have at ~20% to win the nomination. That's a big hit from post-Iowa when he was over 50%, but still respectable.

What's going for him is there's no other obviously superior candidate in the establishment wing. Kasich did well in NH, but will likely struggle in closed primaries and conservative states. Bush beat Rubio, but not by very much, and he did do much worse than Rubio in Iowa and still has all his baggage.

What is the case is that the "establishment coalesces around Rubio" scenario that seemed eminently possible a few days ago has failed to come to pass. Kasich and Bush are going to stick around, when in a different world they could have both dropped out and endorsed Rubio. So Rubio's back to approximately the pre-Iowa status quo. He has the potential to become the establishment standard bearer, but will need to find a new opportunity for his big break.

If it takes until after the SEC primary for the "establishment" to consolidate, it's already too late.

Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 12:48:18 am »
Ignore

Unless Trump hasn't quite got enough delegates and even then we'll probably get this man...

Instead of RUBOTO.

Fritz
JLD
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 02:32:57 am »
Ignore

Let us immediately dispense with the notion that Marco Rubio does not know what he is doing.  Marco Rubio knows exactly what he is doing.  Tongue

MK
Mike Keller
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 02:56:39 am »
Ignore

No, hes still got time a Florida Governor for a term could really help his stock for 2024.

However , if the GOP insists and  pushes him at all costs for this years election he will be damaged goods.  Its actually something Rubio should consider because he's not beating Hillary(unless shes DQed by the FBI)

"I didn't leave  the Democratic Party. The party left me.'' - Ronald Reagan
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 04:13:33 am »
Ignore

I don’t think so. I think he’ll end up as the nominee with a 40% chance to beat Hillary. If he loses in November, he’ll move on to be elected governor in 2018.

United Arab Emirates Immigrant, naturalized US citizen, resident of the wonderful state of California, devoted liberal Democrat. Any questions?

Endorsements:
- President: Kamala Harris
- CA Governor: Gavin Newsom
- CA Senate: Kevin de León

- AL Senate: Doug Jones
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout