Florida Governor - 2006 Election Projection
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:56:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida Governor - 2006 Election Projection
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida Governor - 2006 Election Projection  (Read 1412 times)
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2005, 11:00:17 PM »

Ok, here's my detailed, yet very early, analysis

Charlie Crist will be the GOP nominee, beating out Tom Gallagher and Toni Jennings fairly easily.  He will focus on a load of statewide experience in Florida.  Gallagher will do the same, yet he has less charisma, so it will be less effective.  Jennings will try to play an outsider of some sorts, but she will be overshadowed by a Crist-Gallagher race.  Crist will be ahead in the polls, with a better known name, and so Gallagher will start attacking him.  Crist will spin this against Gallagher and so he will raise way up. 

GOP Primary

Crist: 43%
Gallagher: 31%
Jennings: 19%
Other: 7%

Jim Davis and Scott Maddox will engage in a tough fight, with Rod Smith far, far behind and not posing a threat to either candidate.  Jim Davis will focus on a moderate voting record in the house, while Maddox will use his charisma to run a barnstorming campaign.  Davis will point out some skeletons in Maddox's closet, and that will be the end of Maddox, who will spin it poorly.  Smith will gain some ground, after trying to be "Mr. Nice Guy", running a positive campaign, but he won't come very close.

Dem Primary

Davis: 38%
Maddox: 32%
Smith: 26%
Others: 4%

Crist will start portraying Davis as a Washington oriented Congressman.  Davis will focus on his moderate views and fighting for Florida in Congress.  His moderate views will promote some to rally around a more liberal Green (or similar party) candidate.  Davis will impress voters in the debates with his expertise on the issues, but Crist will come out on top by being more charismatic.  The Green candidate will take away many votes from Davis.  However, even with those votes, Davis would have lost narrowly.

General Election

Crist: 50%
Davis: 47%
Green: 2%
Other: 1%
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 12:40:11 AM »

From what I read, and my projection, this seems very likely. Well done. Smiley
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 09:35:21 AM »

Thanks Smiley
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 06:00:28 PM »

Ben, do you see any of the Republicans ditching a gubenatorial bid in favor for the Senate?  Seems to me out here in my Western perch like all Florida Republicans want to succeed Jeb, but none of them want to challenge Nelson.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 08:57:01 PM »

FuturePrez, in this election, candidates are staying with their level of government.  Statewide officials are interested in a statewide position (governor) and Congressmen and Congresswomen are interested in a Congressional position (Senator).

Thanks for the question Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 10:00:23 AM »

I'm assuming the third candidates in both primary races are getting a boost out of their opponents' negative campaigning against each other and you've already factored that into your percentages. Is that correct?

Also, is Maddox related to Lester Maddox?
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 05:56:56 PM »

First question - yes.
Second question - not sure Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: