DWS: superdelegates exist to stop grassroot activists (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:18:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DWS: superdelegates exist to stop grassroot activists (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWS: superdelegates exist to stop grassroot activists  (Read 3359 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« on: February 12, 2016, 10:21:36 PM »

How has this woman remained dnc chair for so long?

I think DNC Chair elections are only every 4 years or so.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 10:30:13 PM »

Yeah, there's no official vote on her leadership until the DNC 2016 winter meeting. But Obama could use his influence to force her out at any random moment, the DNC as a whole wouldn't dare oppose him.

It surprises me that Obama hasn't tried taking her out yet after all the dumb s--- she's said.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 11:41:54 PM »

Yeah, there's no official vote on her leadership until the DNC 2016 winter meeting. But Obama could use his influence to force her out at any random moment, the DNC as a whole wouldn't dare oppose him.

It surprises me that Obama hasn't tried taking her out yet after all the dumb s--- she's said.

Because Debbie has threatened to call him sexist if he does. Dead serious.

I really don't think DWS would go that far. Can somebody give me proof on this?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 04:28:03 AM »

Even if you agree with DWS, it's important not to let the establishment have the only power in the party. The Republicans tried that, and it's not working very well for them.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 05:39:05 AM »

She can't win the nomination with super-delegates and then win in November. This is why she was blocked from winning with them in 2008. Since she has attacked Sanders as disloyal to Obama, he may as well remind South Carolina she tried to do that. If she relies on superdelegates to be nominated, she surrenders the electability argument to Sanders. (in Debbie's defense, she's not the one who created super-delegates. Still, a Clinton loyalist shouldn't be chairwoman during this primary.)

Yeah, I don't think anyone who wants the Democratic party to win in November wants the nominee to win the primary just because of superdelegates.

Primary battles are overrated when it comes to the general. By November anyone who really cares about the future of the country, and is in a battleground state, will pick one of the viable candidates. Hillary herself is a great example. She won the most votes but was still denied the nomination; nonetheless did you see her endorsement and nonstop campaigning for Obama in 2008? She was on fire!

Hillary only 'won the most votes' because caucus votes weren't counted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies