DWS: superdelegates exist to stop grassroot activists (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:24:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DWS: superdelegates exist to stop grassroot activists (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWS: superdelegates exist to stop grassroot activists  (Read 3373 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: February 13, 2016, 05:49:28 AM »
« edited: February 13, 2016, 05:53:28 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

um, i don't think that the last time the democratic party turned its back on democracy that the candidate selected was any more "electable" than the alternatives. if hillary clinton is so great, so electable, she should be able to become the nominee based on votes, not "superdelegates". any suggestion that the primary process is fair or democratic as it currently stands is an utter farce and hillary backers know this. why not simply admit this and quit whining! if hillary lost the nomination based on primaries alone, she was going to go on to lose the general election anyways.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:38:19 AM »

Who's whining. We're the ones with 400 superdelegates. You guys are whining. The rules are the rules. If you don't like them, change them next time (and I would support you), but I hope Hillary takes advantage of every possible advantage, including winning with superdelegates if the need arises. If you don't like it, file a lawsuit. Don't vote for her. Riot. Do whatever you want. But she has a right to look out for her self-interest and I hope she does.

No one is whining. I am pointing out that you ought not whine if no one takes Hillary seriously as a legitimate candidate if she wins based on "superdelegates". I'll vote for her in November and I'll weep when she inevitably loses. I care more about defeating Republicans than I do about Bernie Sanders. This is why I think that if Hillary Clinton's only possible path to the nomination involves superdelegates that she should gracefully exit the race and allow Bernie Sanders to be the Democratic nominee.

I care about winning elections and promoting legislation/reforms/policies that have the potential to promote the public interest/the common good. I do not care about the "self-interest" of a public figure or what they are "entitled" to do. In fact, I believe that politicians are entitled to sacrifice for the good of the voters that they represent. How would a protracted lawsuit battle do anything to serve the interests of Hillary's base, who are ultimately interested in defending Obama's legacy from the attacks of the GOP? I do not understand your viewpoint. I think it is juvenile.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies