2005 Puerto Rican Statehood Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:13:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2005 Puerto Rican Statehood Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2005 Puerto Rican Statehood Bill  (Read 14480 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: May 29, 2005, 04:48:26 PM »

Well if this is to pass I would rather see the Virgin Islands remain a territory and not lumped in with Puerto Rico since they are very different culturally and linguistically and would probably not work well together if they were one state.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 05:09:20 PM »

As nobody really seems to support the Virgin Islands being included, I introduce this amendment:

Section I is hereby stricken and replaced with the following:

I.   The commonwealth of Puerto Rico is hereby the 51st state of the union of the Atlasia under the name of Puerto Rico.

See no problems here.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 05:13:55 PM »

We had a similar bill several sessions ago.  It was an idiotic idea then, and it's an idiotic idea now.  Main reason?  We don't HAVE anyone from Puerto Rico on the forum!

We don't have anybody from Utah either.  I think if Puerto Rico was a state in Atlasia, I'd be tempted to move there.

We have people registered in Utah though. I would rather do something like have the GM make up some sort of referendum numbers, so we can say that we held a referendum, in Puerto Rico, since nobody is in Puerto Rico at this time.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 04:05:01 PM »

Aye on the amendment.

You guys need to start these votes at normal times.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 07:09:19 PM »

Aye
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 06:26:45 PM »

Well I am very leery about this bill. I do not want to force statehood upon those who do not want it. If the Puerto Ricans, in other words the GM, finds themselves in favour of this resolution then I see no reason to vote against it but if the opinions of the Puerto Ricans are not taken into account, again this is GM territory, then I am against this bill.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 07:04:02 PM »

Well I am very leery about this bill. I do not want to force statehood upon those who do not want it. If the Puerto Ricans, in other words the GM, finds themselves in favour of this resolution then I see no reason to vote against it but if the opinions of the Puerto Ricans are not taken into account, again this is GM territory, then I am against this bill.

MAS' amendment that just passed requires a majority of Puerto Ricans to be in favor of statehood for this to come into effect.

I'm guessing that would have to be simulated by the GM for that to take affect then?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 05:20:58 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies