Plurality of Latinos believe the Republican Party is hostile towards them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:16:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Plurality of Latinos believe the Republican Party is hostile towards them
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Plurality of Latinos believe the Republican Party is hostile towards them  (Read 3034 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »

How's that outreach going?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 05:04:19 PM »

If speaking against illegal immigration and wanting to enforce the law is "hostile" I don't know what to tell these idiots.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »

If speaking against illegal immigration and wanting to enforce the law is "hostile" I don't know what to tell these idiots.

People in general, not just Latinos, care more about themselves and people like them rather than society at large. The social contract of America is withering away.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 05:06:21 PM »

You should tell those idiots to suck it up and accept the bigotry and subtle xenophobia directed at them.

That'll show them, right?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2016, 05:14:33 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

You should tell those idiots to suck it up and accept the bigotry and subtle xenophobia directed at them.

According to them we just have open borders, grant legal status to those who broke the law (and it's not just Hispanics coming illegally) without penalty...yeah we're a nation of LAWS, this is one issue I break away from libertarians on, they want open borders, we can't have that.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 05:17:19 PM »

According to them we just have open borders, grant legal status to those who broke the law (and it's not just Hispanics coming illegally) without penalty...yeah we're a nation of LAWS, this is one issue I break away from libertarians on, they want open borders, we can't have that.

This post is a mess.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »

We should not change a policy position to get votes, Latino/Hispanic voters were never going to vote for us any ways so what's the point.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 05:21:10 PM »

This post is a mess.

Weirdly enough it sounded like a Trump speech.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 05:23:52 PM »

We should not change a policy position to get votes, Latino/Hispanic voters were never going to vote for us any ways so what's the point.

Republicans can't win nationally if they continue to bleed support from Latinos.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 05:25:43 PM »

Republicans can't win nationally if they continue to bleed support from Latinos.

Ok and? We should not change our policy positions to appeal to a single group of people.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 05:27:37 PM »

This post is a mess.

Weirdly enough it sounded like a Trump speech.

The irony is rich.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 05:33:01 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2016, 05:34:54 PM by SillyAmerican »

So just to be clear, 55% do not feel that the GOP candidates are hostile to them? And this sample is of latino voters, right? 'Cuz a sampling that included illegal immigrants would surely skew the results.

Being married to a hispanic lady and having a lot of hispanic family and friends, I can tell you that here in California, there are lots of people in the hispanic community that are just as upset as other citizens about the illegal immigrant situation.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 05:34:39 PM »

And you have the gall to throw a several-page temper tantrum when people in your party support Trump.

Are you against hostility toward immigrants, or just hostility toward Muslims (i.e. like yourself)? I suspect the latter.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 05:37:07 PM »

And you have the gall to throw a several-page temper tantrum when people in your party support Trump.

Are you against hostility toward immigrants, or just hostility toward Muslims (i.e. like yourself)? I suspect the latter.

There is a difference between people who come here legally which I had absolutely no problem with, and then illegals who feel like they can do what ever and come here against the law which harms  legal immigrants and citizens, if being against illegal immigration is "hostile" then you are an idiot.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »

I'm fine with enforcing the law on immigration but republicans can't expect to get away with Latino support while trying to deport 11 million illegals at once, even if a majority don't pose any harm to American society.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 05:45:25 PM »

I'm fine with enforcing the law on immigration but republicans can't expect to get away with Latino support while trying to deport 11 million illegals at once, even if a majority don't pose any harm to American society.

There has to be a penalty for those here illegally, I'm not pro-deportation unless they commit a major crime AFTER they serve time in prison. Whether that is taxes, fines, etc., what ever.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »

I love how LibertarianRepublican whines about how TRUMP is oppressing him with his supposedly Islamophobic statements yet is perfectly fine with sh*tting all over other brown folks. 
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »

I love how LibertarianRepublican whines about how TRUMP is oppressing him with his supposedly Islamophobic statements yet is perfectly fine with sh*tting all over other brown folks. 

Once again, how is being against illegal immigration going against other "brown" folks? I am against Illegal Immigration of ALL kinds irregardless of nationality/race/religion/gender what ever
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 05:51:00 PM »

Yeah, enforcing our laws is totally "sh*tting all over brown folks"
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 05:53:06 PM »

Sad

It's a shame that us conservatives' messaging is so crappy. I hope that one of these days we can reach out to minorities better, but this cycle has not been encouraging.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »

I don't know why they would think that when Donald "mexico sends its rapists"TRUMP is the nominee, it truly bafflles me
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »

Yeah, enforcing our laws is totally "sh*tting all over brown folks"

No. But calling all Mexican immigrants rapists and murderers is.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 05:56:30 PM »

Even if we took the same position Democrats took, they'd still vote 65-35 for the Democrats, you can't win with them. Even if the party told Trump to f[ink] off and that aspect of the party, they still wouldn't change their opinion of the GOP, it's pretty evident if you look at their opinions in the last 2-3 election cycles.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 05:56:48 PM »

So when President TRUMP bans Muslims, will LibertarianRepublican self-deport "because we're a nation of laws", or will he throw another tantrum while Border Patrol deports his ass to Gitmo?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies