Least partisan poster without green avatar (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Least partisan poster without green avatar (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Least partisan poster without green avatar  (Read 5266 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« on: June 01, 2005, 11:46:11 PM »

Carlhayden, It honestly took me forever to figure out which party he was in
Just because he doesn't have an avatar doesn't mean he isn't partisan.  I think he lives by the GOP platform, despite the fact that he claims to be a "moderately conservative Democrat."

I take CARLHAYDEN at his word about being a Democrat. The rants he makes on John McCain should tell one he is not a Republican. I believe one can be a conservative and not be a Republican. The fact that he has chosen to consider himself a Democrat is perfectly okay with me. I do not recall him ever saying anything favorable about Dixiecrats like George Wallace or Strom Thurmond so the fact that he may be a tiny minority should come as no surprise to posters on this forum. BTW, there really are non-populist, conservative Democrats in the Southwest. New Mexico had one in Congress for years in the 2nd District (Muddy Runnels).

Lots of Republicans hate McCain.  In fact, I think more Republicans hate him than Democrats.  I guess he can choose to identify as a Dem, but that's not worth much if he agrees with the Republicans on every issue.   

Maybe we should use the standard that they use in the House of Representatives....would he vote with the Democrats or the Republicans for to control the chamber?  If he would vote for the Republicans, he's not a Democrat in any meaningful sense.  Even Zell Miller voted Democratic for Senate control.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies