#NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:27:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45
Author Topic: #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin  (Read 109987 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2016, 10:05:17 AM »

Why is Romney in the title? I don't think he's said that he won't back Trump in the general, has he?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2016, 10:12:29 AM »

Why is Romney in the title? I don't think he's said that he won't back Trump in the general, has he?

He has. He'd vote third party or write someone in.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2016, 10:37:06 AM »

Himself?
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2016, 10:40:34 AM »

My reasons being against Trump in order of most to lease importance to me:

1.) his ban on Muslims
2.) his god awful persona
3.) he has no substantive policy plans
4.) he can't be trusted.

1) He will work to fundamentally undermine the values of liberal, constitutional democracy in a way we have never before seen in this country.

I will never, under any circumstances vote for him.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2016, 11:07:09 AM »

Link?
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2016, 12:02:10 PM »

Link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-mPf7hhQ1Q
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »

I stand corrected.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2016, 10:17:10 PM »

I have a little more respect for Romney now.  I have no respect for the Republicans who will back Trump if he wins the nomination.  If Trump's THAT BAD a HUMAN BEING; if it's not just issue differences, then why would you support him at all if his character is that low?  Think about that.  The GOP (for the most part, is saying, "He's a scumbag, but if he's nominated, he's OUR scumbag."  If Trump's THAT bad, it's time for these folks to fish or cut bait.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2016, 06:45:31 AM »

I have a little more respect for Romney now.  I have no respect for the Republicans who will back Trump if he wins the nomination.  If Trump's THAT BAD a HUMAN BEING; if it's not just issue differences, then why would you support him at all if his character is that low?  Think about that.  The GOP (for the most part, is saying, "He's a scumbag, but if he's nominated, he's OUR scumbag."  If Trump's THAT bad, it's time for these folks to fish or cut bait.

Honestly though, I would respect him more if he voted for Clinton. Voting third party accomplishes nothing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2016, 07:22:55 AM »

Honestly though, I would respect him more if he voted for Clinton. Voting third party accomplishes nothing.

He now lives in highly non-competitive Utah, so voting for anyone accomplishes nothing.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2016, 08:05:34 AM »

He now lives in highly non-competitive Utah, so voting for anyone accomplishes nothing.

Ah, I forgot about that.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »

Uh, I'll have you know that Utah is more likely to vote Democratic than Colorado.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2016, 12:24:49 PM »

Question is: will GOP stalwarts actually campaign against their own nominee?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2016, 12:29:23 PM »

Unlikely.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2016, 12:57:34 PM »

More likely they will sit it out like Romney Sr. and Nelson Rockefeller did in 1964.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »

I'm guessing a few of them will, but most won't.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2016, 05:32:57 PM »

Kinzinger on CNN: I can’t see how I’d support him. I put my country above my party, any day of the week.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2016, 07:26:24 PM »

Graham is still undecided on whether to go #NeverTrump, but he did suggest that his pledge to support the nominee doesn't apply anymore because he's no longer running for president.  (Then I guess he really didn't understand what the pledge was?):

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-the-nation-transcripts-march-20-2016-kasich-sanders-graham/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2016, 09:10:33 PM »

Graham is still undecided on whether to go #NeverTrump, but he did suggest that his pledge to support the nominee doesn't apply anymore because he's no longer running for president.  (Then I guess he really didn't understand what the pledge was?):

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-the-nation-transcripts-march-20-2016-kasich-sanders-graham/

You know, I bet he retires in 2020 or maybe even earlier. Why would he want to run for another term? It really seems to me like he's over it.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »

The whole "pledge" thing is about as useful as a non-proliferation treaty signed by North Korea.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2016, 09:40:01 PM »

You know, I bet he retires in 2020 or maybe even earlier. Why would he want to run for another term? It really seems to me like he's over it.

I think he should be the one to run 3rd party this year as the #NeverTrump candidate, if no one else wants to do it.  Trump's most significant break from GOP establishment orthodoxy is on foreign policy, and who better to run on the orthodox GOP foreign policy line than Graham?  (Well, McCain, but he's busy with his own reelection.)  What does he have to lose?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2016, 10:17:44 PM »

I was sore for months about Trump, but I'm over it, and the establishment needs to get over it too.
I'm not sore about Trump. Conservatives aren't sore about Trump. We are furious and angry that a man who doesn't represent our values or our party or our ideology dares to claim it, dares to lie about it, and dares to defame all who disagree. I am not over it. I am not establishment. I am a conservative Constitutionalist who is concerned for the future of America and wants true freedom and a true defender of the Constitution. I won't give up until Trump passes 1237 and if he doesn't, then I will carry and defend my values to the convention and pray for a Cruz nomination.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2016, 10:39:04 PM »

I was sore for months about Trump, but I'm over it, and the establishment needs to get over it too.
I'm not sore about Trump. Conservatives aren't sore about Trump. We are furious and angry that a man who doesn't represent our values or our party or our ideology dares to claim it, dares to lie about it, and dares to defame all who disagree. I am not over it. I am not establishment. I am a conservative Constitutionalist who is concerned for the future of America and wants true freedom and a true defender of the Constitution. I won't give up until Trump passes 1237 and if he doesn't, then I will carry and defend my values to the convention and pray for a Cruz nomination.

Well said.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2016, 10:41:11 PM »

Uh, I'll have you know that Utah is more likely to vote Democratic than Colorado.

I have trouble believing the polls that put Sanders and Clinton ahead of Trump, but you may be right.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2016, 10:58:51 PM »

Given the latest Utah poll, perhaps I spoke too soon?  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies