#NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:39:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45
Author Topic: #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin  (Read 108924 times)
HannibalLecter
anti_trump
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: November 05, 2016, 07:31:04 PM »

Incidentally, I think Heller and Toomey are the only remaining Senators who have not yet publicly stated if they'll vote for Trump or not.  Heller did say he was "99% sure" he wasn't voting Trump, but I guess that's not quite 100.  Toomey OTOH really doesn't want to talk about it.

So those two are at least possible no's, and then you have 12 sitting Republican Senators who say they're not voting for Trump.  The remaining GOP Senators are all backing Trump.

Publicly declared Never Trump renegades that remain in office after Nov-8 will be primaried for their treachery.

Nobody cares about your opinion, Putinist!
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1076 on: November 05, 2016, 07:42:14 PM »

Incidentally, I think Heller and Toomey are the only remaining Senators who have not yet publicly stated if they'll vote for Trump or not.  Heller did say he was "99% sure" he wasn't voting Trump, but I guess that's not quite 100.  Toomey OTOH really doesn't want to talk about it.

So those two are at least possible no's, and then you have 12 sitting Republican Senators who say they're not voting for Trump.  The remaining GOP Senators are all backing Trump.

Publicly declared Never Trump renegades that remain in office after Nov-8 will be primaried for their treachery.

What an odd comment on an open discussion forum.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #1077 on: November 05, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »

No, they'll be able to "told-ya-so" the GOP into oblivion.
HannibalLecter
anti_trump
Rookie

« Reply #1078 on: November 05, 2016, 07:45:48 PM »

Even an open discussion forum should not allow Putinists to spew their hatred
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1079 on: November 05, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »

You're the one spewing hatred, quite frankly.  But there's a double standard around here, so I'm used to some folks getting to have it both ways.  Welcome to the site!
HannibalLecter
anti_trump
Rookie

« Reply #1080 on: November 05, 2016, 08:11:44 PM »

You're the one spewing hatred, quite frankly.  But there's a double standard around here, so I'm used to some folks getting to have it both ways.  Welcome to the site!

LOL
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1081 on: November 05, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »

If you don't like what someone says, put them on Ignore.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #1082 on: November 05, 2016, 08:15:20 PM »

If you don't like what someone says, put them on Ignore.

Yeah, don't spew your bigotry all over the forum. The Trump supporters already make enough of it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1083 on: November 06, 2016, 05:46:45 PM »

Gordon Humphrey switches from #NeverTrump without a confirmed vote to #NeverTrump #ImWithHer.

Humphrey is probably more conservative than anyone else on this list.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1084 on: November 06, 2016, 05:54:16 PM »

FF
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1085 on: November 07, 2016, 01:33:46 PM »

one of the least surprising endorsements of this cycle

Ana Navarro: I'm voting for Hillary Clinton
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/07/opinions/navarro-republican-voting-for-clinton/index.html
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1086 on: November 07, 2016, 02:02:32 PM »

This is a great article, everybody should read it.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1087 on: November 07, 2016, 02:06:03 PM »

and for the counter-point....

well-known water-poisoner rick synder is still not able to share if he is going to vote for trump.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/07/politics/rick-snyder-trump/
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1088 on: November 07, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »

and for the counter-point....

well-known water-poisoner rick synder is still not able to share if he is going to vote for trump.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/07/politics/rick-snyder-trump/
I thought he was a racist Nazi who purposely poisoned poors with lead. Now you're upset that he isn't backing Trump? You'd be attacking him if he did support Trump.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1089 on: November 08, 2016, 05:32:45 PM »

...Evan McMullin
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1090 on: November 08, 2016, 05:33:40 PM »

Bill Kristol as well, I assume.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #1091 on: November 08, 2016, 05:34:57 PM »

W Bush left his Presidential Ballot blank 😂
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1092 on: November 08, 2016, 05:36:45 PM »

W Bush left his Presidential Ballot blank 😂

That's not what I heard.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #1093 on: November 08, 2016, 05:39:55 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/george-bush-left-presidential-ballot-blank-hillary-clinton-donald-trump
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1094 on: November 10, 2016, 09:50:10 AM »

Mike Lee voted McMullin:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4563854-155/utah-sen-mike-lee-voted-for

Some of the other #NeverTrump Republican voters are listed here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/prominent-republicans-leave-ballots-blank-vote-trump-article-1.2864752

E.g., Kasich voted for McCain, McCain voted for Graham, and Graham voted McMullin.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Rick Snyder continued to dodge the question.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1095 on: November 10, 2016, 09:52:01 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2016, 09:53:38 AM by Mr. Morden »

And I would just like to point out that those of you who were saying that these guys would largely fall in line at the end couldn't have been more wrong.  Hardly any of the #NeverTrump Republican politicians ended up backing Trump in the end.  There were a few, but the overwhelming majority stuck to #NeverTrump.

I will now accept my accolades.

That's true, but I wonder how many of "never Trump" crowd would eventually fall in line if he's nominated: "well yes, I had some doubts but the most important thing now is to unite and prevent Obama's third term".

Answer: Very few of them did fall in line.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1096 on: November 10, 2016, 12:11:41 PM »

Mike Lee voted McMullin:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4563854-155/utah-sen-mike-lee-voted-for

Some of the other #NeverTrump Republican voters are listed here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/prominent-republicans-leave-ballots-blank-vote-trump-article-1.2864752

E.g., Kasich voted for McCain, McCain voted for Graham, and Graham voted McMullin.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Rick Snyder continued to dodge the question.

If only McMullin had voted for Kasich, the circle would have been complete.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1097 on: November 10, 2016, 12:16:43 PM »

Will be fascinating to see how the NeverTrumpers vote on legislation in the next Congress. While the GOP may have a Senate majority, the NeverTrumpers could unite with Democrats to form a majority against Trump.

What about in the House? Will there be 218 Representatives who endorsed/supported Trump? I have to assume so, but it won't be many more than that.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1098 on: November 10, 2016, 01:00:41 PM »

Will be fascinating to see how the NeverTrumpers vote on legislation in the next Congress. While the GOP may have a Senate majority, the NeverTrumpers could unite with Democrats to form a majority against Trump.

If you mean that they'll vote to kill some bills that Trump supports, then sure, that'll happen on certain issues.  (E.g., there are immigration proposals that Trump would favor which'll never get the support of folks like Jeff Flake.)  But will there be some kind of systematic alignment with Democrats?  Not unless these folks leave the party outright.

I am actually wondering if anyone on the list in the OP will leave the party outright, now that Trump is leading it.  Probably not any of the currently elected officials, but it could happen among some of the retired pols, who aren't running for anything anymore.  Anyone want to make any predictions on that score?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1099 on: November 10, 2016, 01:13:29 PM »

This proves that endorsements have literally no impact now
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies