#NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:33:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin  (Read 109967 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 29, 2016, 01:15:30 AM »

I was sore for months about Trump, but I'm over it, and the establishment needs to get over it too.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 10:08:20 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2016, 10:33:30 PM by RFayette »

In this interview (at about the ~4:20 mark) Mitch McConnell is asked if he thinks Donald Trump is fit to be president, and he dodges the question, simply saying that “The American people will decide” in November:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-utLdJo69U

So we have the Republican Speaker of the House endorsing the party’s presidential nominee, yet accusing him of making racist comments, and the Republican Senate Majority Leader endorsing the party’s presidential nominee, but not answering the question when asked if he’s actually fit to be president.

Seems like a healthy political party.

Trump and his supporters have completely hijacked the GOP, and there's no coming back.

As someone who has never supported a Democrat for president, and only a very small handful of times for other positions, I, for one, will never support a Republican for any position if they endorse Trump in this election. That is an immediate disqualifier for me, no matter the position, no matter the opponent; an endorsement for Trump today is an opposition vote from me in the future.

Trump's supporters haven't "hijacked" the GOP.  The GOP elites lived in this fantasy world where they could scare people with "higher taxes are coming" to vote for candidates who are all for wars, free trade, and liberal immigration policies.  The REAL Republican party spoke, and it's different from the positions papers of Rubio, Jeb!, and Cruz.

It's pretty obvious this is true to someone who knows GOP voters outside the Beltway (and a few others).  Having heard from a few of my Republican neighbors (at home, it's not like they exist in California Tongue ), I've heard them say that the Reagan/1980s playbook that the establishment GOP keeps playing is tiring and just doesn't work anymore on issues like trade and immigration.  They had reservations about Trump but supported him because he would shift the status quo.  And this is in a wealthy suburb with one of the highest college-degree holders in the state, not exactly Trump's base region.  The GOP establishment appeals to very few within the party faithful.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 04:42:41 PM »

Any sane/rational person would choose broccoli over a well done steak...

Not if said steak is country-fried. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies