first time flying.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:42:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  first time flying.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: first time flying....  (Read 5163 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: May 31, 2005, 05:06:32 PM »

Flying is less fun than it used to be - at least in the US - because of all the nonsensical and useless 'security'.

Also american airlines are the worst airlines in the world in terms of service - most offer no food at all.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:52:32 PM »

If you want a serious answer, take a look out a window when you've reached your maximum altitude.  It's an awesome sight to see fields and forests and such from several thousand feet off the ground.  Window seats in airplanes are the best.

Yeah, everyone's like, "Ooooh, aisle seat, bla bla bla, it's soooo good you can stretch your legs" (imagine that in a falsetto, and you'll get what I was thinking) but window seats are far superior.
I don't know... I usually ask for the last row, middle column (4 seats on a 747-400, which is what I've mainly flown in).  That way you usually don't have any neighbors, you can put the armrests up, and lie down and sleep for the flight after take off.  Thats what I usually do anyways.  Most of my flights were 10 to 14 hours tho.

I fly mostly 747-400's as well, but they're always full to and from Asia.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:01:04 PM »

Not between Asia-Africa.

And Singapore Airlines is simply the best airlines in the world.

Hm.  I usually fly Eva Air, China Airlines, Korean Air, ANA or as a last resort an American airline.  Basically the cheapest of the cheap.  All of them have such comically small seats on the Asian routes.  I have to get an aisle seat, or otherwise I just walk around or sit in that one oversized bathroom most of the flight.  I discovered that bathroom once when United Airlines.. or maybe it was Continental.. food poisoned me and I lay prone on the floor vomiting on the 12 hour trans-pacific leg.  Other than the vomiting the room to stretch out was quite nice.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 12:46:18 AM »

I refuse to fly though.  Last time I did was in 2000.  Homeland Security scares the crap outta me.

Domestic flying is of debatable value, though road trips are horrendous.  However if I spend the money for a plane ticket, it is going to be to escape this hellhole, not just to visit a different part of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies