first time flying.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  first time flying.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: first time flying....  (Read 5160 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: May 31, 2005, 02:48:50 PM »

I echo Everett's advice on chewing gum. I get that terribly. Also, landing is awesome, especially with a window seat. Have fun
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 09:03:42 PM »

You will have to turn the GPS off during take off and landing.  They may ask you to leave it off during the entire flight.

Check in advance how full your plane is.  I've had a few planes all to myself.  One time, when flying down the Charleston from Raleigh, I had the entire plane to myself.  Sure it was just a turboprop, but it was all mine.  So I went on the flight in a full suit and tie.  When we land the pilot gets off, gets my luggage for me and shakes my hand.  The ground crew, not sure what is up with the guy in a suit and tie getting off a jet all alone, come up to me and shake my hand.  I go in the terminal and people are taking pictures of me.  Two strangers walk up and shake my hand. 

When I meet my friend, who is picking me up, he is in his Air Force uniform.  He shakes my hand and takes my bag.  Without realizing it, he plays along like I am some bigwig. 

I wonder who everyone thought I was. 

That's hilarious. Great story
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies