Why Bush will win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:15:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why Bush will win
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Why Bush will win  (Read 17245 times)
DarthKosh

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2004, 03:56:10 PM »

Well IF dave needs some help we should do it like a democracy.

Take nominations by a certain date, give a little campaigning time and then take a vote.
Names from a hat.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2004, 04:03:12 PM »

Take nominations by a certain date, give a little campaigning time and then take a vote.
Names from a hat.

What if people started to get external friends to sign up and vote? Or what if the 100+ "silent members" came around and turned out to be trolls, or something? Or the majority here comes from one party and nominates a hard-liner who is unfair? No, Dave is our strong leader and should make the calls! :)Promoting democratic take-overs of private property isn't very conservative, is it? Smiley

And, btw, the only who has indicated himself as a good choice is jvravnsbo, I think. Smiley

DarthKosh

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2004, 04:05:07 PM »

Names from a hat.

What if people started to get external friends to sign up and vote? Or what if the 100+ "silent members" came around and turned out to be trolls, or something? Or the majority here comes from one party and nominates a hard-liner who is unfair? No, Dave is our strong leader and should make the calls! :)Promoting democratic take-overs of private property isn't very conservative, is it? Smiley

And, btw, the only who has indicated himself as a good choice is jvravnsbo, I think. Smiley

Voter fraud.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2004, 04:06:56 PM »

Names from a hat.

Voter fraud.

Whatever the result, we will demand a recount!
DarthKosh

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

Names from a hat.

Voter fraud.

I'll take it to court.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2004, 04:08:33 PM »

Names from a hat.

Voter fraud.

I'll take it to court.
See you there, then.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2004, 06:44:29 PM »

Well, you might have somebody like jrvansbo who has 570 posts and has been a member for a month, so I think Nym's tenure as a emeber here is impressive and earns him the job.

Well, I wasn't being that serious anyway. It would be tough picking moderators in any case, they would get a dangerous amount of power...
I think most of us would not abuse the power, but I am sure some would.

Someone might delete bible quotes or someone else might delete anything irreverent. Or what do you think? Smiley

Dave is the moderator.  That's good enough.

I BOW BEFORE YOU SUPREME LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, he is, but he can't be here all that much of the time (he has a life, unlike me), and he can't moderate all that much.  A second moderator would be helpful.
Begging for the job arn't ya?
No, I nominated Nym90.
What the heck is this all about? Being Moderator on your site Miami U, or on ATLAS? Well, you already offered me the position. So, that's more fair I would think!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2004, 06:46:58 PM »

I like the idea!  But Nym90 doesn't look like he will accept the nomination, so I go to my second choice, Realpolitik.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2004, 06:48:25 PM »

Well, you might have somebody like jrvansbo who has 570 posts and has been a member for a month, so I think Nym's tenure as a emeber here is impressive and earns him the job.

Well, I wasn't being that serious anyway. It would be tough picking moderators in any case, they would get a dangerous amount of power...
I think most of us would not abuse the power, but I am sure some would.

Someone might delete bible quotes or someone else might delete anything irreverent. Or what do you think? Smiley

Dave is the moderator.  That's good enough.

I BOW BEFORE YOU SUPREME LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, he is, but he can't be here all that much of the time (he has a life, unlike me), and he can't moderate all that much.  A second moderator would be helpful.
Begging for the job arn't ya?
No, I nominated Nym90.
What the heck is this all about? Being Moderator on your site Miami U, or on ATLAS? Well, you already offered me the position. So, that's more fair I would think!
This is about ATLAS, I think. At least that is what mos tof us has been discussing. Are you getting a moderator position on Dave's board, or what?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2004, 06:51:02 PM »

Yes, this is about the atlas.  Once (or if) I get more members on my site, I will appoint moderators, with the first one being Chris michael.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2004, 08:37:59 PM »

Yes, this is about the atlas.  Once (or if) I get more members on my site, I will appoint moderators, with the first one being Chris michael.
Well, Thank You, I appreciate that. I am Honored.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2004, 10:53:15 PM »

No problem buddy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2004, 10:53:40 PM »

But were you being sarcastic?
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2004, 11:24:29 PM »

But were you being sarcastic?
Why would I have been sarcastic? Really MiamiU, have you ever read anything by me that was sarcastic or even had a hint of controversy? I do accept.
jravnsbo

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2004, 12:36:45 PM »

U.S. Team to Visit North Korean Nuclear Facility

Friday, January 02, 2004

SEOUL, South Korea  — In a startling diplomatic breakthrough, a U.S. delegation will visit North Korea's main nuclear facility at Yongbyon next week, a South Korean official said Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,107218,00.html

--sounds good.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2004, 12:43:35 PM »

U.S. Team to Visit North Korean Nuclear Facility

Friday, January 02, 2004

SEOUL, South Korea  — In a startling diplomatic breakthrough, a U.S. delegation will visit North Korea's main nuclear facility at Yongbyon next week, a South Korean official said Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,107218,00.html

--sounds good.
why do you say that it sounds good?  North Korea won't drop their nkes unless we pay them to.
jravnsbo

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2004, 12:48:55 PM »

Because if they let us in to look at least we will have more knowledge as to what they actually have.  

Plus we must be making some progress int he talks if they are willing to let us in.

Yes i know paying them off the Clinton approach, didn't like it then or now.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2004, 12:51:27 PM »

Because if they let us in to look at least we will have more knowledge as to what they actually have.  

Plus we must be making some progress int he talks if they are willing to let us in.

It may be the only way to do this in the end.  we can't start another war, you know that as well as anybody.
jravnsbo

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2004, 12:54:51 PM »

No but you could continue to isolate them and tellt eh Chinese we will arm Japan and the South fully if they don't head off North Korea.  China doesn't want that either.

It may be the only way to do this in the end.  we can't start another war, you know that as well as anybody.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2004, 12:57:01 PM »

As kramer would say, "this is a prickly one."
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2004, 01:33:56 PM »

No but you could continue to isolate them and tellt eh Chinese we will arm Japan and the South fully if they don't head off North Korea.  China doesn't want that either.

I am not sure how much influence China can excercise over NK. Asian communists are really scary, I'm not convinced they can be negotiated with. NK in particular.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2004, 01:46:51 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2004, 01:58:17 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

Way too risky. We may alienate China in the long run, and force a chasm between Japan/South Korea & China/North Korea which could escalate.

Plus - what powers does China have to stop NK? And to what an extent is China involved in NK's nuclear arms program? And do Japan and SK really want to be fully armed?

That said, I think China will work with the US in the long run. They want better relations with the West. It's just that threatening them with arming Japan and SK probably isn't the wisest move, at least not right now.

I am not sure how much influence China can excercise over NK. Asian communists are really scary, I'm not convinced they can be negotiated with. NK in particular.

China can be negotiated with, I have no doubt about that. It's no longer a psychotic dictatorship, especially now that Hu Jintao is in charge (he's much more of a moderate than his predecessors). However, threatening China as JR suggested more or less constitutes blackmail, and that is too risky given the still-frail relationship we have with China (a relationship which I have no doubt will improve with time).

NK does scare me though.
jravnsbo

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2004, 02:08:25 PM »

China could simply tell them straight up.  Get rid of your nukes or you go it alone.  We will not support you if the US attacks as we did in the first Korean war.

Without China , N Korea militarily is toast.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2004, 04:47:58 PM »

China could simply tell them straight up.  Get rid of your nukes or you go it alone.  We will not support you if the US attacks as we did in the first Korean war.

Without China , N Korea militarily is toast.

Yeah, but do they know that? How deluded are they?
00tim
Rookie

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2004, 09:11:49 AM »

Why Bush will win... Especially if Dean is the nominee, because of the "repeal of Bushes' tax cuts. Nice wording for a tax increase. I'm not in total agreement with how Bush cut taxes but the lowest income people saw there tax burden decreased by 33% while the richest people saw there tax burden decreased by 9% So who is getting the shaft by Deans' economic policy's? I don't think the wealthy in this country were in need of having their taxes reduced but Dean is proposing having the poorest people in this country have there taxes raised the most. Now I hear about Dean considering a tax cut for the middle and lower class. Does that mean that they will have their taxes reduced further or is it Dean speak for a smaller increase than 33%?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies