Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:23:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech  (Read 4486 times)
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« on: March 03, 2016, 10:19:06 AM »

Will the speech matter? No. IMO

The ONLY thing that can stop Trump at this point is a brokered convention.

And the only way that can happen is if he loses both OHIO and FLORIDA March 15th, which is highly doubtful. I expect him to win atleast one of those states and he has a decent shot to win both.

But March 15th is the last day Republicans have to stop Trump. Florida and Ohio will be it. Trump wins either state and he will get the delegate count needed.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 10:25:10 AM »

Frankly, while this a pretty forceful speech, I don't see how the establishment former nominee slamming Trump necessarily hurts him. Maybe it does, but I don't really think it will.

The attacks are working; Trump isn't getting the delegates he needs to win the nomination outright, which is the bottom line.

Anyone to insults George W. Bush over 9/11 while praising Putin isn't winning the GOP nomination. That would be like Margaret Thatcher winning the Labour Party nomination.

Stop saying it because it isn't true - Donald Trump is ahead of schedule, not behind.

He doesn't have a majority of the delegates allotted thus far, and Carson dropping out will help Cruz. A brokered convention is still the most likely outcome, though that scenario would produce either a Trump nomination or a walk-out by him and his supporters.

Right; the FiveThirtyEight projection has Trump winning Ohio. But notice how Romney included Kasich in his speech. The establishment strategy has shifted from trying to push Kasich out of the race, to keeping him in the race to win Ohio.

I've said that for a few weeks now. They NEED Kasich to stay in the race the establishment. There is only one way left to stop Trump that is a brokered convention and for that to happen two things HAVE to happen on March 15th for any chance it is brokered. Rubio needs to find a way to win Florida and Kasich needs to find a way to win Ohio.

If Kasich drops out Trump would easily win Ohio and it would be game over. The establishment can't have Kasich drop out until Ohio.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies