2012/2016 Candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:40:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2012/2016 Candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012/2016 Candidates  (Read 20376 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 01, 2005, 10:47:16 PM »

Democrats
-Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer (for 2012), New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer (if he wins next year -in which case, he will be the main candidate for 2016 once he completes two terms, if he wins them),
and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama in 2016.

Republicans
-South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty.  i can't think of anymore at this time.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 12:58:34 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2005, 01:28:05 PM by Frodo »

Democrat
Obama
Spitzer
Villaraigosa

i think we are more likely to see Villaraigosa run for president in either 2020 or 2024 (assuming in your scenario here that he wins two terms as Los Angeles mayor).  seriously, i can't see a big-city mayor winning his party's nomination, let alone the presidency without having run for and won higher office beforehand.  once he runs for and wins two terms as California governor -if he completes his two terms as LA mayor, should he win them- only then can he be considered as a viable candidate for president. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 05:12:06 PM »

Since Brian Schweitzer has made it clear he is not interested in ever running for president:

Barack Obama or Eliot Spitzer

And for the Republicans, if their 2008 nominee doesn't make it that November:

Rudy Giuliani or Haley Barbour

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 10:32:08 PM »

Since Brian Schweitzer has made it clear he is not interested in ever running for president:

He's never said that.  I think there's a good shot he'll run in 2012 or 2016 after his two terms as Montana governor are up.

I could have sworn that he did say something to that effect not too long ago... 

Anyways, I will be glad if I am wrong.  If we lose with Hillary in 2008, at least we will have a pleasant choice deciding between Barack Obama or Brian Schweitzer four years hence. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 10:41:16 PM »

Democrats
-Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer (for 2012), New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer (if he wins next year -in which case, he will be the main candidate for 2016 once he completes two terms, if he wins them),
and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama in 2016.

Republicans
-South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty.  i can't think of anymore at this time.

I would love to see Shweitzer run, but he is to conservative to get the democratic nomination(pro-gun and fiscally responsible) unless the dems loose in 08 and get really desperate.

Most primary voters impose a litmus test based on two main factors -the Iraq War and abortion.  If anything, his stance on gun rights and his fiscal conservatism should help him with Democrats eager to make a play for the intermountain West.  Don't underestimate the pragmatism of primary voters -they chose Kerry over Dean and Kucinich in '04 for a reason.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies