FL/IL/OH-NBC/WSJ/Marist: D: Clinton leads; R: Kasich up in OH, Trump up in FL/IL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:30:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FL/IL/OH-NBC/WSJ/Marist: D: Clinton leads; R: Kasich up in OH, Trump up in FL/IL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL/IL/OH-NBC/WSJ/Marist: D: Clinton leads; R: Kasich up in OH, Trump up in FL/IL  (Read 4156 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 13, 2016, 01:23:51 PM »

Been predicting a Bernie win in my home state for about a week now, and now we get polls showing him closing in. We'll see.

I wonder if any media will spin it as Bernie winning Clinton's home (birth) state.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 02:30:12 PM »

I don't see how Sanders wins Illinois unless he carries Cook County by double digits and the black vote pretty much makes that impossible. The collar counties are too wealthy to have a reason to vote for him. If he only barely won in Michigan, it's hard to see him carry Illinois.

Well, if this year is anything like 2008 demographics wise, there should be about 19% non-black/non-white voters (Latino+Other). If Sanders gets the same percentages of Blacks and Whites in Illinois that he got in Michigan (56% and 28%), he'll need about 56% of the (Latino+Other) vote as well to win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies