Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:03:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET)  (Read 57073 times)
Fargobison

« on: March 15, 2016, 03:36:49 PM »

I heard a little bit ago on CNN that Trump's campaign is complaining that he hasn't been on the ballot in every precinct in Florida?  I wasn't able to get the entire gist of the conversation as I was responding to Morden, but has anyone else heard that?

It's in all likelihood those not registered with a party or registered Democrats that did not register with the Republican Party.

That is exactly what happened and the Sec of State just issued a statement saying that if you are NPA or Dem you won't be seeing Trump on your ballot.
Fargobison

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 04:21:37 PM »

Really good for Kasich.
Fargobison

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:38:26 PM »

Exit polls on possible Republican defections in the general election if Trump is the nominee:

That poll looks good for Trump in FL not so much in other states. Some strong #NeverTrump support.
Fargobison

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:38:11 PM »

I thought Trump was going to lose Ohio and Missouri yesterday and I still feel that way today. I am most curious about Illinois.
Fargobison

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »

I still think Trump will win every state except Ohio

Cruz has outperformed his polls in every state since Super Tuesday, while Donald has underperformed everywhere except Mississippi. (which Rubio in turn, had underperformed). I won't be surprised if the only thing Donald wins is Florida.
Don't most of the polls have Trump winning by double digits in Illinois?

NBC/WSJ had it Trump +9 CBS/YouGov had it Trump +4
Fargobison

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 06:59:34 PM »

Kasich looking good in OH.

NC might be a Trump win but with it being proportional not much of a win.
Fargobison

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 07:48:23 PM »

The son of a mail man has delivered for #NeverTrump
Fargobison

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:03:02 PM »

This is how he always sounds.

Fargobison

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 09:14:16 PM »

Those campaign stops in OH and FL could have been useful in other places for Cruz. I just don't get his strategy at times.

Fargobison

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 09:44:16 PM »

What happens in AZ without Rubio? Can Cruz narrow the gap?

He should crush in Utah but he needs more than that to get some momentum rolling again after tonight.
Fargobison

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 10:05:57 PM »

Wow Cruz winning KC.

Looks like a very close loss for him, probably a missed opportunity for him since he wasted some time in OH and FL.
Fargobison

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 10:33:25 PM »

The rednecks will be out in DROVES for Trump in the fall, and if I want to stop Trump in the fall, got no choice but to back Clinton at this point since I did my best to stop Trump here by voting Rubio

You don't need to stop TRUMP. You need to stop Hillary Clinton. Think about that.

The first is necessary to achieve the second.

He was considering voting for Hillary in the general. That's a travesty and betrayal of his own conservative ideology.

Voting for Trump is the exact same thing. HRC or 3rd party for me.
Fargobison

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »

I don't think trump fans realize how god damn lucky they are that rubio was still in the race tonight.

Gave trump missouri and NC.

MO for sure.

NC doesn't really matter as much but probably.  
Fargobison

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 10:57:23 PM »

How is Trump any better for a libertarian than Clinton?

Hillary is a leftist with some SJW sympathies who is a bit hawkish. She is pro-free trade as her stance on TPP is clearly skin-deep only.
Donald is also a leftist but, to add to that, wants to ban Muslims from entering the United States and has run the most fascist and bigoted campaign America's seen in a long time. He is also not that much less of a hawk than Clinton and is a staunch protectionist.

I am a libertarian. TRUMP will stop wars. TRUMP will end political correctness. TRUMP will reduce taxes.

What will Hillary do for the libertarian cause? Absolutely nothing.

I don't have any confidence at all in Trump doing any of those things except ending political correctness.
Fargobison

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 11:11:46 PM »

Me neither. He's more interested in building a wall, deporting all the illegal immigrants, and then letting them all back in anyway.

Trump's nomination will turn the focus of the GOP away from tax cuts and small government, and I'm predicting my taxes will go up as a result.

I am not even sure if he is interested in building a wall and deporting those people, he might just be pandering. The man has no core beliefs or principals, a lot of these people could just be voting for a politically incorrect Democrat.

He is an absolute nightmare for the conservative movement.
Fargobison

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 11:12:28 PM »

Where did that dump for Cruz come from?  He's now only 2,100 votes behind.

St Louis county
Fargobison

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 11:54:53 PM »

Fargobison

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 12:26:00 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2016, 12:31:14 AM by Fargobison »

Wow...
You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/709973743788015617
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies