Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:28:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET)  (Read 57099 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« on: March 15, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »

Decent (but not huge) turnout in Chatham, Illinois. Lots of Trump signs out here, but I doubt they'll ultimately back Trump here.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:47:18 PM »

Fox News projects Kasich wins Ohio.
#1 thing I did not want to happen.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:26:37 PM »

Big win for Kasich in Ohio?? Or just a footnote in the 2016 Primaries?

For Kasich? No, he has no where to go, Ohio or not.

With Rubio out now, I suspect most of his support will go to Kasich.

Nah, most likely to Cruz than Kasich
Based on what?  Rubio is considered more "establishment", which fits better with Kasich than Cruz.
Most of Rubio's endorsements were from very conservative senators and representatives.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 09:25:59 PM »

Kasich now has two delegates leading in IL-10 along with 3 in IL-7 and 2 in IL-9. One in IL-6 is a possibility, too (out of third by 24 votes).

Cruz has a lead with 2 delegates in IL-13, 1 in IL-15, 1 in IL-16, 2 in IL-17 and all three in IL-18.
I hate the fact that most of my state's delegates are going to the two candidates I dislike the most.

At least my district voted right. Way to go, IL-18.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 10:13:05 PM »

It is so obvious that 90% of the people in this thread are trollish trump fans.

What's wrong with being a Trump fan?

He's the candidate of racists and white supremacists, running close to an openly fascist campaign.
Yes, he's turning the right-wing, anti-redistribution party into a fascist party focused on hating minorities and Muslims.

Literally all I want out of the Republican Party is to keep more of the money I earn and be safe. And that's the biggest thing Trump is taking away.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 10:34:11 PM »

The rednecks will be out in DROVES for Trump in the fall, and if I want to stop Trump in the fall, got no choice but to back Clinton at this point since I did my best to stop Trump here by voting Rubio

You don't need to stop TRUMP. You need to stop Hillary Clinton. Think about that.

The first is necessary to achieve the second.

He was considering voting for Hillary in the general. That's a travesty and betrayal of his own conservative ideology.

Voting for Trump is the exact same thing. HRC or 3rd party for me.
I agree and will be voting Libertarian if Trump is the nominee.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 10:46:23 PM »

So, you like Hillary and the Democrats now? You like their policies?

I never WAS a conservative, libertarianism =/= conservatism two totally different ideologies bro. And no, I do not like their policies.

Then, it's a no brainer for you. You won't vote for Hillary.
How is Trump any better for a libertarian than Clinton?

Hillary is a leftist with some SJW sympathies who is a bit hawkish. She is pro-free trade as her stance on TPP is clearly skin-deep only.
Donald is also a leftist but, to add to that, wants to ban Muslims from entering the United States and has run the most fascist and bigoted campaign America's seen in a long time. He is also not that much less of a hawk than Clinton and is a staunch protectionist.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 10:56:25 PM »

I'm part of that 44% group (in spirit since I don't live in Ohio).
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 11:00:32 PM »

How is Trump any better for a libertarian than Clinton?

Hillary is a leftist with some SJW sympathies who is a bit hawkish. She is pro-free trade as her stance on TPP is clearly skin-deep only.
Donald is also a leftist but, to add to that, wants to ban Muslims from entering the United States and has run the most fascist and bigoted campaign America's seen in a long time. He is also not that much less of a hawk than Clinton and is a staunch protectionist.

I am a libertarian. TRUMP will stop wars. TRUMP will end political correctness. TRUMP will reduce taxes.

What will Hillary do for the libertarian cause? Absolutely nothing.

I don't have any confidence at all in Trump doing any of those things except ending political correctness.
Me neither. He's more interested in building a wall, deporting all the illegal immigrants, and then letting them all back in anyway.

Trump's nomination will turn the focus of the GOP away from tax cuts and small government, and I'm predicting my taxes will go up as a result.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 11:03:29 PM »

Well, the biggest thing to be said tonight is that conservatives only have one more horse in this race, so it's time to unite behind him before it's too late (if it isn't already).
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 11:17:55 PM »

It is so obvious that 90% of the people in this thread are trollish trump fans.

What's wrong with being a Trump fan?

He's the candidate of racists and white supremacists, running close to an openly fascist campaign.
Yes, he's turning the right-wing, anti-redistribution party into a fascist party focused on hating minorities and Muslims.

Literally all I want out of the Republican Party is to keep more of the money I earn and be safe. And that's the biggest thing Trump is taking away.

You do realize that literally everyone would receive a tax cut under Trump's tax plan, right?
Which almost nobody believes he is serious about getting passed.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 11:39:32 PM »

Well, Cruz's campaign has plenty of money.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies