The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:12:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 212785 times)
McGovernForPrez

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: September 07, 2017, 12:24:45 PM »

I'm kind of interested in Warren as the nominee now. I don't know. I think she's a good match to take on the President one on one. She won't have to tip toe nearly as much as the 2016 nominee because all he can do is call her Pocahontas.
I think it helps to make her angry rhetoric more pallatable. Her allows her to tap into a softer warmer side that she'll desperately need to win. I think it'll help combat the sexism she'll be facing. I wasn't a big fan of her running despite liking her positions, but I might've changed my mind.

Oh yeah. She'll lose because the whole country is sexist
Not saying it'll be her only problem but it could easily knock off a few points from her.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1851 on: September 07, 2017, 12:29:52 PM »

I'm kind of interested in Warren as the nominee now. I don't know. I think she's a good match to take on the President one on one. She won't have to tip toe nearly as much as the 2016 nominee because all he can do is call her Pocahontas.
I think it helps to make her angry rhetoric more pallatable. Her allows her to tap into a softer warmer side that she'll desperately need to win. I think it'll help combat the sexism she'll be facing. I wasn't a big fan of her running despite liking her positions, but I might've changed my mind.

Not saying it'll be her only problem but it could easily knock off a few points from her.
It wont
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #1852 on: September 07, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »

It wont

Congrats on your ability to know what every American is thinking, even subconsciously.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1853 on: September 07, 2017, 02:59:01 PM »

Warren's also officially cosponsored Sanders' Medicare for All bill.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1854 on: September 07, 2017, 06:14:30 PM »

It wont

Congrats on your ability to know what every American is thinking, even subconsciously.

McGovern says the US is subconsciously sexist. Are you congratulating him?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1855 on: September 07, 2017, 06:20:03 PM »

Middle America is sexist. A plurality of America did vote for the most qualified candidate, regardless of genitals.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1856 on: September 07, 2017, 06:25:15 PM »

Middle America is sexist. A plurality of America did vote for the most qualified candidate, regardless of genitals.

They're not sexist. They just don't like Hillary Rotten Clinton.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1857 on: September 07, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »

Chris Murphy is preparing a Medicare buy-in type program as an alternative to Sanders' plan.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The fact that the more moderate Democratic position in 2020 is still going to be this kind of major expansion in Medicare should tell you something about what the eventual nominee is going to be like.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/murphy-democrats-rising-star-healthcare-bernie-sanders-242455
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1858 on: September 07, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »

I'm really glad there's finally a fresh, male perspective telling me that sexism is dead in America.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1859 on: September 07, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »

I assume you have proof.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1860 on: September 07, 2017, 10:01:54 PM »

I'm really glad there's finally a fresh, male perspective telling me that sexism is dead in America.

I'm not saying sexism is dead because it's not.. But sexism being the cause of Hillary's defeat? Come on.. The Left has came up with better excuses than that already.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1861 on: September 07, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »

I'm not saying sexism is dead because it's not.. But sexism being the cause of Hillary's defeat? Come on.. The Left has came up with better excuses than that already.

Hillary's defeat was so tight that literally any one of a dozen factors, sexism included, could be identified as the cause.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1862 on: September 07, 2017, 10:09:01 PM »

Hillary's defeat was so tight that literally any one of a dozen factors, sexism included, could be identified as the cause.

Sexism is not the most credible argument for her loss
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1863 on: September 07, 2017, 10:14:05 PM »

I think it's a very important factor to acknowledge, not pooh-pooh it as "ridiculous leftists." Sexism isn't just "I won't vote for a woman" or "Women have periods and therefore unstable," its also a subconscious changing of standards. Trump was a scandal monster, but he was still not as bad as "Crooked Hillary," who wasn't even tried with any crime.

Hillary had to be an angel and then some in order to be considered adequate, Donald could be a brute and be considered a strong leader. 

Anyway, I don't want to relitigate the election.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1864 on: September 07, 2017, 10:18:42 PM »

I think it's a very important factor to acknowledge, not pooh-pooh it as "ridiculous leftists." Sexism isn't just "I won't vote for a woman" or "Women have periods and therefore unstable," its also a subconscious changing of standards. Trump was a scandal monster, but he was still not as bad as "Crooked Hillary," who wasn't even tried with any crime.

Hillary had to be an angel and then some in order to be considered adequate, Donald could be a brute and be considered a strong leader. 

Should you have to be tried for a crime to be considered crooked?? Luther Strange hasn't been charged with a crime and he's crooked as hell!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1865 on: September 07, 2017, 10:19:47 PM »

This wasn't 2000, where you could blame things like one sigh from Gore.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1866 on: September 07, 2017, 11:42:25 PM »

When I referred to sexism I really wasn't trying to say Hillary lost solely because of it. My real point is that it subconsciously contributed to her image problems. Warren would probably have the sexism worse because she can often come across as very "preachy".
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1867 on: September 08, 2017, 05:42:45 AM »

When I referred to sexism I really wasn't trying to say Hillary lost solely because of it. My real point is that it subconsciously contributed to her image problems. Warren would probably have the sexism worse because she can often come across as very "preachy".
I can already imagine a Fox News pundit saying something about Warren worse than that guy who said when Hillary campaigns she sounds like your wife nagging you to take the trash out.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1868 on: September 08, 2017, 09:24:17 AM »

This wasn't 2000, where you could blame things like one sigh from Gore.

No, the obvious answer to 2000 was that he didn't use Bill Clinton much at the height of his popularity.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1869 on: September 08, 2017, 02:47:07 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/08/politics/joe-biden-2020-ashley-biden/index.html

Also:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/906240826870771713

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1870 on: September 08, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »

This week’s #2020Vision column:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/08/politics/2020-vision-democrats-single-payer/index.html

Again, much of it has already been covered in this thread.  I feel like this line from Harris was already mentioned here, but I can’t find it, so I’ll quote it again:

Also, Eric Garcetti is making his acting debut:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/la-mayor-eric-garcetti-make-movie-acting-debut-valley-girl-remake-1035317
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1871 on: September 08, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »

Should you have to be tried for a crime to be considered crooked?? Luther Strange hasn't been charged with a crime and he's crooked as hell!

Um excuse me I will not *tolerate * badmouthing the honest public official that totally followed due process on prosecuting Gov. Bentley. /s

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1872 on: September 08, 2017, 05:12:21 PM »

This week’s #2020Vision column:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/08/politics/2020-vision-democrats-single-payer/index.html

Again, much of it has already been covered in this thread.  I feel like this line from Harris was already mentioned here, but I can’t find it, so I’ll quote it again:

Also, Eric Garcetti is making his acting debut:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/la-mayor-eric-garcetti-make-movie-acting-debut-valley-girl-remake-1035317

When in LA...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1873 on: September 08, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »

Sunday morning talk show watch: Bernie Sanders will be on "Meet the Press" this Sunday:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEWS_SHOWS?SITE=AP
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1874 on: September 08, 2017, 11:03:04 PM »

Here's Sanders on Colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv-hgegVq0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIStPerVNw

And here's a direct link to the part where Colbert asks him about 2020, and Sanders dodges the question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIStPerVNw&t=2m42s
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies