The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:05:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 213529 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 11, 2016, 03:51:44 AM »

I'd love to see O'Malley try again. Now that he has slightly more name recognition and it's not as big of a ticket as Hillary and Bernie, I can see him doing much better.

I can see an argument for Hassan and Duckworth, but I think at that point Hassan may not do as well if the Dems keep the idea of wanting someone younger (and her very close ties with Clinton), Duckworth would make more sense.

O'Malley running in 2020 would be like Ehrlich running in 2016.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 07:19:48 PM »

I'm writing letters to Representative Stephen Lynch, Brian Schweitzer and Jon Tester imploring them to consider a run for 2020.

A social conservative will never win the nomination (No Lynch), Brian Schweitzer is past his time and also kinda nuts. Tester I could support.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 02:31:18 PM »

Not saying he'll be the nominee, but I'm starting to think Jay Inslee runs.

He's been giving his opinion on national issues much more often since November. Feels like he's trying to become more of a figure in the party, specifically the left flank.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 12:28:48 PM »

Sheryl Sandberg? Now this is getting embarrassing. I can already hear the chorus of "four more years."

It definitely feels like some DNC types are pushing for "We need our OWN businessman/woman to run against Trump". Cuban, Zuckerberg, Sandberg. Hard to look at the 2016 primary and thiink "You know what these Bernie supporters would go for? A billionaire with shady business dealings."
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, who was on HRC's cabinet short list, is giving jobs to 10,000 refugees worldwide and publicized his entire plan far and wide online today. I wouldn't be surprised to see speculation about him.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/29/donald-trump-muslim-ban-starbucks/

Bleh

As far as billionaires go, I guess Schultz is one of the least odious. But I've heard horror stories about him, particularly from his disasterous ownership of the Seattle Sonics (RIP).
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »

Not saying he'll be the nominee, but I'm starting to think Jay Inslee runs.

He's been giving his opinion on national issues much more often since November. Feels like he's trying to become more of a figure in the party, specifically the left flank.

This Inslee?  A figure on the left?  Hahahahaha the guy is a punk and a sell-out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abSBqWLtR5I

Please warn me before you make me click on a Jimmy Dore vid.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 11:27:53 PM »

Well, the Democratic voters support single-payer and Hickenlooper fought hard against the single-payer ballot initiative.  He's not going anywhere.  Maybe he should run as a Republican.

If Hickenlooper does poorly, this won't be the reason. The state ballot initiative was massively flawed, both major parties came together to oppose it, and the people of the state voted against it 21/79. Even famously liberal Boulder County rejected it 38/62.

Well yeah, if both the Democratic governor and the Democratic Senator oppose it, it obviously won't pass.  Perhaps they should have tried to introduce something that would work, but obviously they didn't care.

Does Jimmy Dore/TYT have a video ripping Hickenlooper you can link us to?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 02:46:37 AM »

National Journal article on Tulsi Gabbard, and how she may face a serious primary challenge this cycle or choose to run in a primary against Mazie Hirono instead:

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/648013/fresh-look-at-tulsi-gabbards-political-future

A loss in either primary is probably the death of Gabbard's career.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 03:21:14 AM »

National Journal article on Tulsi Gabbard, and how she may face a serious primary challenge this cycle or choose to run in a primary against Mazie Hirono instead:

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/648013/fresh-look-at-tulsi-gabbards-political-future

A loss in either primary is probably the death of Gabbard's career.

Losing a primary (possibly to a Buddhist?) and then becoming the Green Party nominee would fulfill the Cynthia McKinney Prophecy as fortold by myself.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »

Inslee was asked about his 2020 ambitions on this week's The Seattle Times politics podcast. Said "It's not in the stars. I'm focused on (being governor)" and pointed out he had been passionate about the refugee situation since before Trump's rise.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 11:37:12 PM »

For anyone who is interested, Street Fight (the documentary about Cory Booker's first race for Newark mayor) is on Netflix right now.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »

Van Jones is a revolutionary, a possible 9/11 truther, a SJW, and a strong supporter of Occupy Wall Street.

Van Jones sucks for a lot of reasons and you listed maybe one of them.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 08:25:17 PM »

As someone who thinks a lot of the Hillary hatred is way over-the-top, something about Chelsea makes me absolutely despise her.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 04:06:12 PM »

Chris Matthews said he "heard" that Adam Schiff is running for president:

http://freebeacon.com/politics/chris-matthews-claims-adam-schiff-might-run-president/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Who in the hell is a potential Adam Schiff voter?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies