The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:56:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 213063 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 26, 2016, 03:05:17 AM »

Martin Heinrich (D-NM) (Senator Dreamboat) has taken up the mantle of attacking the Dakota Access Pipeline. He could be a good candidate. Pro-environment and anti-mass surveillance, but he doesn't have a widely publicized or controversial background to my knowledge (that's what holds Sanders and Warren back). This could be a start of Heinrich raising his profile for a 2020 run. He's pretty young (he'll be 49 in 2020), he's had two terms in the House (2009-2013) and will have been in the Senate for about 8 years. He also doesn't have the stigma of being a coastal liberal.

http://krwg.org/post/heinrich-calls-president-reroute-dakota-access-pipeline
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »

For some strange reason, a reporter asked Rep. Joe Kennedy if he was interested in running for president:

http://wpri.com/2016/11/19/congressman-kennedy-trump-should-work-to-unify-america/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He's a Kennedy. That's why they asked. He'd be someone to watch for higher office in MA though. Maybe Gov in 2018. Baker is pretty moderate and popular from what I recall. Ed Markey is up in 2020; I'm guessing Markey has one more term in him. Warren is up in 2018 and I'm pretty damn sure that she'll be running. Kennedy is stuck for now. Governor would be the easiest route since I assume that he won't be primarying anyone. So, it's highly doubtful that he runs for Pres in 2020.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 01:18:27 AM »

A some friends of mine went to see Jill Stein in Davis, CA. The one that stayed the whole time reported that she said the following:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »

Joe and Jill Biden at SXSW with some folks you may or may not recognize:

Looks like he's winking.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »

Wiki is great for a lot of things, but it's god-awful at listing potential candidates. Especially because they don't read into comments and take them at face value (I don't blame them, but it's not useful in many cases).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies