The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:45:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 212393 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 07, 2016, 08:23:18 AM »

If D wins 2016,

it is obvious that Cotton & Haley will run. Maybe Paul again if we get stuck in a terrible intervention. I would like to see Baker run but 4 years is not enough time for the pro-life simpletons to give up their sway in the R party. Rubio can't run unless he's in the governors office in 2018 and even then it'll look terrible, like he never wants to hold a job - he wouldn't be successful against cotton or haley. I am confident Rubio will not be have a successful potus run in 2020.

Adding Gardner, Mike Lee, Flake, Sasse, Ernst and Thune as potentials.

If they win relection: portman & ayotte

If R wins in 2016,

Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, Klobuchar, & Murphy.
Murphy won't win the senate seat though. #rondesantis2016
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:17:43 AM »

No it's not impossible at all. There are many examples in history :

-In 1952, General Dwight D. Eisenhower was never elected in office but easily won the presidency.

-In 1968, former vice-president Richard Nixon was out office but succesfully ran for President and won on November 1968.

-In 1980, former California governor Ronald Reagan was out of office but easily won the Republican nomination and beat President Jimmy Carter by a landslide.

-In 2012, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney was out of political office but became a successful presidential candidateby winning the Republican nomination.

So Rubio can be a successful presidential candidate in 2020 even without being in office. If there's really a recession under Hillary Clinton's term, the Republicans will know that to win the White House in order to grow the economy and get America back on track, they need to win more Hispanic votes and Marco Rubio is the best positionned to do so. In addition, if he plans to run for president again in 2020 while being a private citizen in the next 4 years, I think Rubio could work for a think tank to bring up some alternatives to Clinton's bad policies, then campaign and fundraise for Republican mid-term candidates in 2018 (like Romney did in 2010 before running for President in 2012) which is likely to lead to a Republican supermajority. Then Rubio will surely be viable enough to run for President in 2020.
But he will likely be our governor so He will probably be in office
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 10:40:32 PM »

Im am THE most conservative person I know, but I am so upset of habit years of one party rule in the white that I am willing to support someone as moderate as Paul Ryan is it means we can have a landslide victory once again....of course I prefer Rand Paul
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 11:08:21 PM »

I keep wondering why James Lankford is never talked about for the Republican nom? Can anyone explain?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 10:23:44 PM »

Anyone else feel like Jeff Flake is posturing, what with his book and anti-Trump op-ed?

Interesting...but he should really be focusing on his re-election campaign next year.

If he's honestly interested in running for president, then he should just drop his reelection bid.

He isn't. He's the most unpopular US Senator and is wildly unpopular with the base. He is a poor fundraiser, too. He will be lucky if he makes it through 2018.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies