The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:06:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 213467 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: February 21, 2017, 11:09:29 PM »

Big:

Bob Hardt ‏@bobhardt  26m26 minutes ago
Gillibrand pledges a full 6-year term if she's re-elected in 2018, adding Gov. Cuomo would "be a great candidate" for president. @ny1 7&10pm

Here is the video:

https://twitter.com/RoadToCityHall/status/834187485261549573

Honestly, I am not really buying it.  It is not really so much a "pledge" as it is...she says she's running for reelection, and that that is her sole focus, and then the guy asks "You would serve your full term?" and she almost sheepishly responds "Yeah".  It doesn't seem like a premeditated Shermanesque commitment, like Franken and Kaine gave.

However, this does highlight the fact that all of the folks up in 2018 (Brown, Cuomo, Gillibrand, Klobuchar, Sanders, Warren, etc.) are going to have to come up with some clever answer to the "Are you committing to serving a full term if you are reelected?" question.

Yeah that video context changes the meaning behind the tweet a lot. Her saying this doesn't mean much. Side note, Gillibrand has a higher pitched voice than I imagined.

You should never believe politicians when they say this kind of stuff, anyway.

Also I though the same thing about Gillibrand. The voice should be a minor thing, but I worry that the 4chan lowlifes would cause some pointless uproar about "hysterical women" or some similar BS if she actually ran for POTUS.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 02:34:50 PM »

This kind of Booker hate is just irrational.

Yeah, people to chill about Cory. People act as if he's the worst senator to come out of New Jersey when he's the best since Bill Bradley.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies