The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:56:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 213315 times)
SCNCmod

« on: December 30, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »

Amy just doesn't seem that exciting of a candidate for President.

I think she is one of the most competent... and would do a great job... But I agree.

I think 2020 will need a Dem ticket that seems fresh & a bit more exciting.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 12:15:46 AM »

I don't get why people are talking up Newsom. Is he going to announce his presidential run in his inaugural address for Governor?

Somehow I never knew that he was married to Kimberly Guilfoyle... I now know what she hates Dems so much (Newsom cheated on her).  jk.. sort of
SCNCmod

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2017, 05:06:31 PM by SCNCmod »

Running for Governor would be a mistake since Abbott is literally the most popular politician in Texas. Senate would still be a great challenge for Castro but out of the two, Senate is more likely to be won by him.
What about becoming mayor of SA again?

According to this story from November he's thinking about running for county judge in 2018 (and then working his way up to statewide office some time in the 2020s) or else just run for president in 2020.  Though now he says he's not going to run for anything in 2018...

Castro is going to wait & Run for President in 2020... Which has little downside...

Possible Outcomes:
1) Depending on the political Climate in 4 years, he could get the nomination

2) He gains a lot of traction, wins states like CA-FL-TX-NV-AZ-UT-NM-CO-Puerto Rico, and finishes 2nd in the Primary & is the natural choice for VP.

3) He loses the Primary, but Dems win the President... and Castro gets a higher profile Cabinet Position.

****The only real downside.... Would be if Trump gets re-elected
SCNCmod

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2017, 05:05:51 PM by SCNCmod »

A Smart move for Castro... and would help in accomplishing one of the 3 outcomes mentioned above...

(1. Depending on the political Climate in 4 years, he could get the nomination ...  2. He gains a lot of traction, wins states like CA-FL-TX-AZ-NM-NV-CO-UT-Puerto Rico, and finishes 2nd in the Primary & is the natural choice for VP....  3. He loses the Primary, but Dems win the President... and Castro gets a higher profile Cabinet Position)

....would be to tag team with the Womens March movement to put together a Huge Latino Voter Registration in Florida, Arizona, and Texas.  Latino's have the biggest pool of unregistered eligible voters... especially younger Latinos in TX & AZ ... and Puerto Rican Latinos in Florida.  This could have a big effect on the outcome of AZ and FL in the 2020 election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies